• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I see it like this - console games are meant to be played with a controller. Porting a PC game to console but not being able to play said game with a controller completely defeats the purpose of porting said game to the console in the first place. I'm interested in playing Gears Tactics but if the game can only be played on Xbox One which is a home gaming console, then it's the same thing as if the game doesn't get ported to begin with because at the end of the day, I would no longer have interest in playing the game.

Yeah, I definitely get where you're coming from. That said, if the game truly caught my desire and HAD to be played using a keyboard and mouse I'd simply plug up my dusty set to the system and play it. It just shouldn't have to be the that or nothing since it's on consoles.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I definitely get where you're coming from. That said, if the game truly caught my desire and HAD to be played using a keyboard and mouse I'd simply plug up my dusty set to the system and play it. It just shouldn't have to be the that or nothing since it's on consoles.

I'm not a PC gamer. Since 1989 with NES, I have been and will always be a console only gamer. Give me a console and a controller. Very basic. Very simple. Also, I have a laptop PC so even if playing with a keyboard and mouse was okay with me, I couldn't play that way even if I wanted to and no, im not buying a keyboard and mouse for one game. In my mind, it makes as much sense porting a PC game to consoles with no controller support as porting a console game to PC with no keyboard and mouse support. It simply makes zero sense. But whatever.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Ready at Dawn opened a new studio in Portland and haven't had a hit game in some time.

IOI are also expanding into Malmo, and the last few years have been difficult.

These devs wouldn't be opening new studios without security.

So maybe they are being acquired?
They've been pretty deep into VR lately with Oculus serving as publisher. I assume they're doing alright financially in that space.

Jan 4, 2018
Mainline Forza needs to be a game every 3-4 years not 2.
I wonder if the small timeftame between games was in part due to well... needing games
They didn't have that many studios producing exclusive games so they had to use those that they had to put out as many games as possible and now that they've expanded their output capacity they're not so pressed and can allow the series more time between games so that allows them to iterate further

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
What's the likely timeline for the Initiatives and Playground 2 game?

-Reveal/CG Trailer

-First Gameplay

-Release

OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
OT4 will be posted shortly. I'm doing this a bit early because I'm about to go to bed and I know some people won't be able to wait six hours and well into page 401 for me to post.

So there's that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a ride this OT was. The hype around X018 was perhaps exaggerated by some, but at the same time we got new studios out of it again, something I expect at this point at the next conferences as well. Where we going next? We'll find out in OT4 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.