• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
SO from what I gather MS output for 2018 so far is likely

SOT
Crackdown 3
Forza
State of Decay

not bad at all. i'm not into racing but the other 3 are all day 1 for me

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
200w.webp

Really? What's the point of that gif?

If you are talking about Forza Horizon Japan, an unannounced game then I don't see why I need to be aware of it, cause it's not announced.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that you immediately assume and imply that hiring diverse talent might mean that companies might not hire people who can do the job says a lot about your personal headspace.

It's time to think inword about yourself and why you'd jump to that conclusion before you even think about telling others what's best for them.

This is a prime example of "unconscious bias" that Microsoft is working so hard to address and root out. You're asking questions that you'd literally never remotely consider if we were talking about straight white dudes.

I talk like this because I have seen it happen. I have also seen "straight white dudes" get promoted due to favoritism when they shouldn't because quite honestly, their work ethic sucks and don't care. I know it may seem like im against diversity but im not. Even now at my job, I have a co-worker who's male and mixed race but keeps being refused to being full time supervisor as opposed to part time. It's bullshit because he works his ass off. I have seen white people get hired who quite honestly, didn't know their ass from their elbow. I had a co-worker years ago. Male Hispanic. I called him the machine because he worked like a machine. Was passed over for a supervisor spot because he was in college and wasn't seen as "long term". I see that as bullshit. He should have gotten the position and if/when the time comes that he leaves which yes, he did and I don't blame him one bit, they replace him with someone else but at that time, he should have gotten the position because he was by far the most qualified. I have also seen white people get positions they shouldn't have several times.

I keep saying qualified because that's what you have to be FIRST and FOREMOST before anything else. Nothing else matters if you're not qualified. I will always want the qualified experienced person over the person who isn't. That's why I say that I don't care what the person's gender or race is because it truly doesn't matter if they suck. I would easily by far without hesitation or even having to think about it, take TWO of the male Hispanic guy who I worked with years ago over TEN generic white guys because I care about work ethic, being responsible, actually showing up for work and doing what your job requires as well as experience and knowledge.

All of you can believe whatever you want in regards to my posts but none of it has anything to do with being against diversity. As someone who works with a small team, I simply want the best people and workers that I can possibly have, period. I would like to believe and think that's what most companies want too but I have seen firsthand that it happens less than you think.

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3GzZgM_Y0

Posting this here because the mods say it belongs in this thread. Can't say I really disagree with it since I've almost bought an XBOX One S a few times, but have held off since I also have a pc with 1070 and it seems Microsoft is fine with releasing everything same day on PC so the only reason to buy it would be for the 4k blu ray, but I really don't need one.

I managed about a minute before I closed the tab because I felt embarrassed for the chaps that made that video.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Really? What's the point of that gif?

If you are talking about Forza Horizon Japan, an unannounced game then I don't see why I need to be aware of it, cause it's not announced.
You know the point of the gif, "....it's the only Xbox game coming out this year" will just forget the annualised Forza to fit your contradiction. Really don't know why you would quote only that part of my post, when the whole post points out the contradiction.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Below is not coming this year folks. Let it go. Talk about Ashen instead. That one is coming sooner than most expect.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Probably nothing but Sega Japan was at MS Japan yesterday

Don't know the reason but they played Sonic games there.

Had this wild theory that may be Xbox locked down the Sonic Kart game as a exclusive that ES/Gobo is working on.

QuantumBro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a stupid video. And Microsoft is fine if you buy their games on pc. Less revenue, but more profit for them.

I managed about a minute before I closed the tab because I felt embarrassed for the chaps that made that video.

Eh, I got some laughs out of it. I never got upset at the PS3 and WiiU have no games jokes when I owned those consoles, but maybe I just have thick skin.

Anyway as long as you're enjoying the console lineup, that's all that ultimately matters.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I got some laughs out of it. I never got upset at the PS3 and WiiU have no games jokes when I owned those consoles, but maybe I just have thick skin.

Anyway as long as you're enjoying the console lineup, that's all that ultimately matters.

It's nothing to do with thin skin, it's that 3 minutes of "Xbox has no games" is ridiculously lazy. If that video was an ERA-post the mods would have given it a warning/ban for drive-by thread shitting

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

Had this wild theory that may be Xbox locked down the Sonic Kart game as a exclusive that ES/Gobo is working on.

Relic is making Age of Empires 4 for Microsoft. So maybe its about that.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

Sega is having a great relation with Xbox as of late. Them allowing Creative Assembly and Relic games to work on Microsoft IP's is nice to see. I wonder if we ever see the opposite happening (microsoft studios working on a sega IP). I wouldn't read to much into it, but it could definitely hint at somehting for the future.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
And some smaller games. Exclusive or launch exclusive. Like Ashen, Below, The Last Night.

Well, those are not really MS games. If we're talking all Xbox (console, temporary or otherwise) exclusives, then there's something almost every week. Game Preview has been a fantastic move on their part, there are many interesting games coming first to Xbox because of that.

When it comes to Microsoft published games, I'm expecting at least one more unanounced big holiday title (apart from the inevitable FH4), and at least a couple smaller ones. Also, I'm still thinking Ori is this year.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Doubt it. These games work best in every platform possible

Maybe its just for AoE. Maybe its just casual talk. SEGA and MS do seem to have improved relations lately, whats with the xbox getting some sega ports i never thought we would end up getting.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Most likely Sonic costumes for avatars.

Edit: Someone in that thread made me think about a new Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio or Otogi game. A new Jet Set Radio with coop and GaaS would be nuts.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I talk like this because I have seen it happen. I have also seen "straight white dudes" get promoted due to favoritism when they shouldn't because quite honestly, their work ethic sucks and don't care. I know it may seem like im against diversity but im not. Even now at my job, I have a co-worker who's male and mixed race but keeps being refused to being full time supervisor as opposed to part time. It's bullshit because he works his ass off. I have seen white people get hired who quite honestly, didn't know their ass from their elbow. I had a co-worker years ago. Male Hispanic. I called him the machine because he worked like a machine. Was passed over for a supervisor spot because he was in college and wasn't seen as "long term". I see that as bullshit. He should have gotten the position and if/when the time comes that he leaves which yes, he did and I don't blame him one bit, they replace him with someone else but at that time, he should have gotten the position because he was by far the most qualified. I have also seen white people get positions they shouldn't have several times.

I keep saying qualified because that's what you have to be FIRST and FOREMOST before anything else. Nothing else matters if you're not qualified. I will always want the qualified experienced person over the person who isn't. That's why I say that I don't care what the person's gender or race is because it truly doesn't matter if they suck. I would easily by far without hesitation or even having to think about it, take TWO of the male Hispanic guy who I worked with years ago over TEN generic white guys because I care about work ethic, being responsible, actually showing up for work and doing what your job requires as well as experience and knowledge.

All of you can believe whatever you want in regards to my posts but none of it has anything to do with being against diversity. As someone who works with a small team, I simply want the best people and workers that I can possibly have, period. I would like to believe and think that's what most companies want too but I have seen firsthand that it happens less than you think.

Hiring mistakes happen all the time in every business regardless of best of intentions. People of every race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation fake resumes and over-sell themselves in interviews. When a straight white guy is a fuckup, it's just a mistake and not a political problem. When a black person, Muslim or women suck at their job, they're suddenly representing an entire segment of the population and a political problem.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
At the risk of seeming to be thread whining or backseat modding, I gaze upon the above in disappointment. This thread used to be a safe zone for sensible discussion and in the last couple of pages things have gone to shit :( The usual suspects too.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

As somebody who felt the need to say this at the mere mention of hiring diverse talent says a lot about you and this "concern" is almost universally raised by White Men. Oh yeah, by the way I'm a Senior IT recuriter that has partnered with numerous Fortune 500 corporartions and hiring managers for 20 years including *gasp* diversity recruiting and this idea that these corporations will hire anybody unqualified due to race or gender in order to be diverse is hilarious and this myth continues to be perpetuated by posts like yours that's supposedly only "concern' they hire QUALIFIED people.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Well, those are not really MS games. If we're talking all Xbox (console, temporary or otherwise) exclusives, then there's something almost every week. Game Preview has been a fantastic move on their part, there are many interesting games coming first to Xbox because of that.

When it comes to Microsoft published games, I'm expecting at least one more unanounced big holiday title (apart from the inevitable FH4), and at least a couple smaller ones. Also, I'm still thinking Ori is this year.
Below is MS published.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Little question: Do we know anything new about the Electric Square project? Last time we talked about it, we presumed that it was the free-to-play game that they were hiring for. Did something new happen to this rumor as of late?

Deleted member 62

Below is MS published.

It's published by Capybara, which is why it's also coming to Steam. It's part of ID@Xbox though.

With Cuphead and the highly anticipated (yet on this board despised...) The Last Night they've shown that they don't necessarily need to publish those titles themselves, despite offering funding and support to the developers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
I do remember that Sega and Microsoft signed some partnerships, but that was when Halo Wars 2 was about to come out, so maybe it was for AoE4 and HW2 Expansion.

Doubt the Sonic Kart would be locked as a MS exclusive... but last generation we saw a Sonic exclusivee for NINTENDO SYSTEMS. So, who knows?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Little question: Do we know anything new about the Electric Square project? Last time we talked about it, we presumed that it was the free-to-play game that they were hiring for. Did something new happen to this rumor as of late?
There was a lot of speculation and drama but I don't think we know anything at this point.

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017

Backward compatibility with Dreamcast Games confirmed!

plus Dreamcast virtual console only on Xbox one.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Don't forget the clamor when Skull and Bones was revealed. People called it the nail in the coffin for Rare. Now look at how many people are talking about it.

I've never understood why people were running around with tinfoil hats on when Skull & Bones was revealed. It's like people forgot that SoT is a game funded by Microsoft. MS could easily have a HUGE marketing campaign for the game if they wanted to. Maybe even more so than how much Skull & Bones can have. Plus, I'm pretty sure it was revealed before we even knew much about SoT. Or at least not as much as we know now. Which makes the reactions even more strange.

BTW, is there even any hype for Skull & Bones at all? Haven't heard from that game since it was revealed. Maybe it's an indication of how much crow SoT's doubters will be served come March 20th lol.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never understood why people were running around with tinfoil hats on when Skull & Bones was revealed. It's like people forgot that SoT is a game funded by Microsoft. MS could easily have a HUGE marketing campaign for the game if they wanted to. Maybe even more so than how much Skull & Bones can have. Plus, I'm pretty sure it was revealed before we even knew much about SoT. Or at least not as much as we know now. Which makes the reactions even more strange.

BTW, is there even any hype for Skull & Bones at all? Haven't heard from that game since it was revealed. Maybe it's an indication of how much crow SoT's doubters will be served come March 20th lol.
Fanboying is a big part of it really.

Skull and Bones will be huge too tho. Don't underestimate that game, Ubisoft new IP's have always done ridiculously good this gen even though there seems to be no hype behind a lot of them (for honour for example). Casuals buy Ubisoft games in droves. It will probably sell more than SoT even still. I don't think it'll be the better game but I wouldn't underestimate it either

Edit: uhh I guess be played by more? kinda hard to judge sales now with Games Pass lol. You know what I mean :p

Last edited:

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Dreamcast 2 confirmed! Will release in 2020 02 22 :P (joking ;))

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why we've heard so little about Crackdown 3 lately? Im starting to feel nervous lol

Status
Not open for further replies.