• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
i still believe this is going to be their E3 lineup
  • More content for Sea Of Theives, Minecraft, and maybe Crackdown 3 if it's out by then to get things started
  • B roll footage of upcoming indie stuff like they did last year (The Last Night, The Artful Escape, Darwin Project, Wargroove?, 1vs100 sequel (hopefully)
  • Below release date and new gameplay footage
  • Ashen release date and gameplay footage (probably gonna consist of a live demo like they did with FF15)
  • more B roll footage of future XB1X enhanced titles (RE7, Hellblade, Anthem, and Bad Company 3)
  • more OG Xbox BC titles shown off (Morrowind, Outrun 2, Jade Empire, hopefully GunValkyrie and MvC2 )
  • Teaser trailers for Fable, FH4, possibly Halo 6, DeadRising 5 or DMC5, Perfect Dark, Electric Square's new game, and The Division 2 and Anthem to round off the 3rd party stuff
  • new Elite Controller shown off alongside KB+M support, ports of AOE:DE and Planet Coaster are shown off to support this new feature
  • more B roll footage of titles Phil brought over from Japan (Valkyria Chronicles 4, God Eater 3, Code Vein, KH3, and Shining Resonance)
  • at the very end Phil shows a teaser trailer for when will end up being Banjo Kazooie Remake/Banjo Threeie
You will be disappointed.

Oct 27, 2017
^ half of those games will already be out and the other ones either don't exist or aren't gonna be shown this early

More realistic would be

- Halo 6 reveal
- Ori trailer
- Forza horizon 4
- Something gears related
- sea of thieves first expansion
- something Minecraft
- indie showcase
- game preview showcase( DayZ, hunt showdown etc)
- Something PUBG related
- Metro exodus trailer
- Anthem Trailer
- Division 2 trailer
- Cyberpunk reveal
- Crackdown gameplay. I don't think it'll be out before then
- State of decay 2 dlc trailer

Fable, PD and Electric square are no shows. No new IP but 3 new game reveals

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Somebody messaged me this.

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=6&jid=321059&jlang=en&pp=ss

"Team Xbox is looking for you to drive support on Xbox Live for game mods. You will have a unique opportunity to shape and bring to market a new set of services, tools and experiences allowing game developers to easily integrate mods into their games, communities of passionate fans to create and share awesome and engaging content for the games they love, while keeping everyone on the network safe from abusive content."

I'm guessing this would be for something like Forza or sea of thieves

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
at the very end Phil shows a teaser trailer for when will end up being Banjo Kazooie Remake/Banjo Threeie

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment on this one. Gregg Mayles has recently denied the rumors of a Banjo remake being in the works at Rare or any other studio. But I think that Banjo 20A thing Klobrille talked about HAS to mean something!

Banjo Threeie is basically Rare's Half-Life 3, so a sequel is probably out of the question too. I wonder what they're going to do for the anniversary then......
Probably some lame cameo in Sea of Thieves or something.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting/hoping for the following

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Sea of Thieves content update
Crackdown 3
Electric Square Game
Forza Horizon 4
PUBG - New map
Banjo
Minecraft stuff
Indie Showcase
3P stuff (Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk 2077)
AA new IP (2018 release)
Gears Thingy
Halo Battlegrounds
Halo 6 tease for 2019

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=6&jid=321059&jlang=en&pp=ss

"Team Xbox is looking for you to drive support on Xbox Live for game mods. You will have a unique opportunity to shape and bring to market a new set of services, tools and experiences allowing game developers to easily integrate mods into their games, communities of passionate fans to create and share awesome and engaging content for the games they love, while keeping everyone on the network safe from abusive content."

Reads like a platform service, not necessarily a feature targeted at part of the existing 1P game portfolio (not that they wouldn't have 1P games in the future supporting that mod feature).

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
I'm expecting the E3 show will go as following.

-Open with either some kind of platform feature or Forza Horizon 4
-3rd party game (Metro, Anthem, or Cyberpunk)
-New IP
-Ori
-Gears Xcom type game
-Something about PUBG
-Minecraft segment
-Something Halo either Halo 6 tease or spin off
-Electric Square game tease
-Something about Game Pass
-Killer Instinct 4
-Indie Reel
-Focus on Ashen or Below

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
I'm expecting the E3 show will go as following.

-Open with either some kind of platform feature or Forza Horizon 4
-3rd party game (Metro, Anthem, or Cyberpunk)
-New IP
-Ori
-Gears Xcom type game
-Something about PUBG
-Minecraft segment
-Something Halo either Halo 6 tease or spin off
-Electric Square game tease
-Something about Game Pass
-Killer Instinct 4
-Indie Reel
-Focus on Ashen or Below

This is pretty much what I'm expecting, minus the new IP. I also think Killer Instinct 4 will be on Unreal Engine 4. Hard to believe Below was announced way back in 2013 but I don't think anyone expected development to be put on hold.

Also if Crackdown 3 isn't out by then I could see MS doing an available after the show exclusively on Game Pass, with a proper release coming the following week.

Also in terms of random out there crazy predictions, I think this might be one of Microsoft's last E3s. Presence on the show floor is dwindling. EA, their biggest third party partner, does EA Play. I could see Microsoft wanting to do their own thing sooner rather than later than have to face the Sony and Nintendo music year after year. Maybe try to incorporate Halo esports into it. Kinda of like a mini Blizzcon for Xbox. Probably not gonna happen, but Phil always talks about wanting to do something new for E3 and not showing up would certainly qualify.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Yeah he definitely doesn't know anything.
If he knew something, he'd just come out and say what he knew. Like he did yesterday regarding the Acti announcements. Thing is for every one thing he gets right, he gets five wrong. He definitely has sources and knowledge based on the this week, but also plenty of bullshit in addition.
That wouldn't be "most interesting" given PS Now and Geforce Now already exist.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
If he knew something, he'd just come out and say what he knew. Like he did yesterday regarding the Acti announcements. Thing is for every one thing he gets right, he gets five wrong.

That wouldn't be "most interesting" given PS Now and Geforce Now already exist.
I don't think he outright lies about things. He has many sources and like 90% (made up number) are inaccurate and unreliable. Sometimes someone with no proof or inside knowledge will post a leak to him in Discord DM and he just repeats the message.

That being said, I would like to know what Sellars has heard about Microsoft's E3 even if inaccurate information. Because I don't know anything Microsoft can do to make it the most interesting and even if made up wishlist BS, I want to see what a "more interesting than any other company" Conference looks like.

EDIT: Just asked Marcus for the details. Hopefully he responds.

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Sounds about right to me.

I personally don't think any of the Xbox conferences this generation has been the 'best', bar the surprise backwards compatibility announcement.

For this Marcus chap to say that their E3 conference may well be "the most interesting" in light of Microsoft's new-ish direction with Game Pass and the like, I don't doubt he is wrong.

I do not 'follow him', or anybody else for that matter, but wasn't he 100% right in all of the Nintendo Direct bobbins and Crash Banidicoot related news this past week?

I'm really tempering my expectations this year after being sucked into the ridiculous hype of their E3 show last year, and ended up profoundly disappointed... apart from the very welcome revealing of Ori and the Will of the Wisps!

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This Marcus Sellars guy from what I've read has zero credibility and a discord account. Why are you giving this guy attention? Even worse, why are you allowing this guy so sow the seeds of lowered expectations about XBOX's E3?

This shit is crazy.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
He proved to know a few things this week, but surely half of his sources are pure bullshit.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
This Marcus Sellars guy from what I've read has zero credibility and a discord account. Why are you giving this guy attention? Even worse, why are you allowing this guy so sow the seeds of lowered expectations about XBOX's E3?

This shit is crazy.

he's getting a lot of things right lately tbh, but he don't know shit about what MS is doing tho

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The Xbox One is now the WORST place to play the world's hottest game.

The combination of bad relationship with Epic and Sony being on top means future slip into irrelevancy for Xbox continues...

Also saw an article that per MS policy they disabled PC x Xbox crossplay... So all that talk about being crossplay friendly was BS. Idk who's more to blame for the situation, MS or Sony.

So disappointing. I love playing Fortnite on the X but I can't play with my bro and friend on PC.

They backed the wrong horse.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

The combination of bad relationship with Epic and Sony being on top means future slip into irrelevancy for Xbox continues...

Also saw an article that per MS policy they disabled PC x Xbox crossplay... So all that talk about being crossplay friendly was BS. Idk who's more to blame for the situation, MS or Sony.

So disappointing. I love playing Fortnite on the X but I can't play with my bro and friend on PC.

True for crossplay. Not true for visual fidelity, as the Xbox One X version is the best version of the game available on console - especially since the latest 60fps patch.

But then again ... The only reason cross play is blocked with Xbox is Sony. They aren't okay with having cross play with Xbox - so Epic had to make a decision. They went for the bigger pool. Even Phil Spencer said he would love Epic to leave it on for everyone when it was enabled a few days by mistake. It's just the same bad and gamer-unfriendly political decision by Sony that is blocking this.

The good thing though is: population on Xbox is fine, it's the most played game on the platform, que waiting times are nearly non-existent.

Oct 25, 2017

Definitely the guys that managed to get Nintendo of all companies to agree to cross play. They're totally full of BS and aren't invested in cross play at all.

Oct 26, 2017
Where are people getting the Gears XCom thing from? I really hope that's not going to be the spin off if there's one at all that is. I can't get into those games at all. Hoping for something else.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Take it up with Epic, this all seems to be on them?

Imagine if people cared as much about this as they did the ID@Xbox parity cause, pretty sure the stink getting kicked up would make Epic reconsider.

But it wont casue no one cares so it is what it is.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeh, as has already been hinted. Outside of a couple of other new titles yet to be announced, Microsoft is still really focused on its core IP and expanding them into different genres. That's why there is stuff like Halo Wars, Forza Horizon, Minecraft Story Mode etc...

So you can expect that sort of trend to continue when it comes to Microsoft's core IP. But as i said a while back, the larger and bigger projects are still years out and are being designed for the 'next generation' (Whatever that means for Microsoft).

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina
Yeh, as has already been hinted. Outside of a couple of other new titles yet to be announced, Microsoft is still really focused on its core IP and expanding them into different genres. That's why there is stuff like Halo Wars, Forza Horizon, Minecraft Story Mode etc...

So you can expect that sort of trend to continue when it comes to Microsoft's core IP. But as i said a while back, the larger and bigger projects are still years out and are being designed for the 'next generation' (Whatever that means for Microsoft).

By "designed for the next generation" you mean no versions for Xbox One(s)?

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
If MS/343 just wise up and make something like this happen.

halo_x_division_by_goldenstalion-d9vrjom.png

Noble

Oct 27, 2017

With this in mind, I will be surprised if MS isn't making a Battle Royale game with one of their Core IP. Something is telling me this year we'll get a standalone Halo Warzone game (expanded Halo 5 Warzone), and Shinobi has hinted at something from the Gears IP, so maybe that's what we're getting this year. Halo Telltale would also be awesome.

At this point we've heard so many things about MS that I don't know what to think anymore. I fear that MS continues overusing their Core IP when next gen launches, and that the new pojects we're hearing about are just being made for the next console launch year.

I don't know. I feel like things are changing at Xbox, but at the same time I fear it's just an illusion.

Anyway, let's just hope Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 succeed so Microsoft greenlights sequels.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

The "article" is a six month patch note that was never fully explained despite several people questioning Epic on the forums

But true, the xbox is now the worst place to play Fortnite, and this will be harmful indeed.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that Mass Effect style Halo RPG might not be just a dream anymore but who can make that?

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

Great...

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe that Mass Effect style Halo RPG might not be just a dream anymore but who can make that?

Jesus, no. Halo is struggling to stay relevant as a FPS in today's market. By that I mean that it's no longer among the premier franchises in gaming.

We don't need a Halo RPG. Microsoft needs to put its weight behind a new IP to make a RPG. Halo missed the RPG boat during the 360 generation.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sony obviously made a deal for Fortnite not to be crossplay with Xbox or Switch.

But, honestly... It doesn't matter.

MS invested in PUBG and I am happy they did that. I literally play the game nightly. The question really is..

If this will affect the deal between PUBG and MS? Or will this force MS to try harder to keep PUBG away from PS4.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Sony obviously made a deal for Fortnite not to be crossplay with Xbox or Switch.

But, honestly... It doesn't matter.

MS invested in PUBG and I am happy they did that. I literally play the game nightly. The question really is..

If this will affect the deal between PUBG and MS? Or will MS wil be force to try harder to keep PUBG away from PS4.

I dont think they wasted money making a deal for a console version that doesnt even exist

I doubt sony actually made a deal. They just vetoed crossplay with other consoles and epic went with it. What i dont get is why epic did it - i doubt sony would remove Fortnite from their consoles if epic said "i dont care, everything will crossplay anyway, watch me"

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think they wasted money making a deal for a console version that doesnt even exist

I doubt sony actually made a deal. They just vetoed crossplay with other consoles and epic went with it. What i dont get is why epic did it - i doubt sony would remove Fortnite from their consoles if epic said "i dont care, everything will crossplay anyway, watch me"

True. Epic went with PS4 because it is the producing the highest numbers due to it's user base.

Awful decision? Time will tell

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017

Do you know if Microsoft is interested in joining in on the superhero-craze and looking to get a Marvel or DC IP exclusive to their platform (a la Spider-Man)?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I highly doubt we'll se a RTS-type of Gears game. That seems very unlikely seeing the expertise of both The Coalition and Splash Damage.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
- Halo 6 reveal
- Ori trailer
- Forza horizon 4
- Something gears related
- sea of thieves first expansion
- something Minecraft
- indie showcase
- game preview showcase( DayZ, hunt showdown etc)
- Something PUBG related
- Metro exodus trailer
- Anthem Trailer
- Division 2 trailer
- Cyberpunk reveal
- Crackdown gameplay. I don't think it'll be out before then
- State of decay 2 dlc trailer
This is a very realistic E3 and probably 90-95% on the money.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

It's similar to Steam Workshop, Ms has talked about the possibility before, and there has been tidbits from uwp APIs that it's coming.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I dont mind the whole Epic deal with PS4 and PC crossplay. I play Fortnite on PC and prefer the mouse and keyboard for that game. Plus I can control the building mechanic better with it.

So sure keep crossplay turned on. I dont mind out building console players. ;)

But yes it does suck that Xbox players cant play with a bigger pool. But they are on equal footing. However i am sure the PS4 version has the option to turn crossplay off.

Doffen

Oct 28, 2017

I'm actually glad they don't have cross-play with PC for Fortnite Battle Royale. A decent PC player will outbuild a great console player any day.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they make a Gears XCOM I'll br massively dissapointed.

Halo is much more suited for that style of game, imo.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
As long as Microsoft releases good games, I'm all for it. Building out their core franchises totally makes sense. It's literally what Nintendo does (Mario Tennis anyone) and Phil Spencer is on record of saying that he wants his first party IP to be like Nintendo. So none of this surprises me.

Oct 27, 2017
Surely 'the next generation' for MS must start with games that can only run on the 1X?

That would be my completely uninformed guess.
I assume at least for the first few years that any next n first party games will still be able to be played across all the One consoles. With game pass and the install base already being there, at least for first party stuff I can't see the Kne being abandoned anytime soon

Oct 26, 2017

It's a shame that those larger and bigger projects didn't start development years ago already but hey... better late than never. It would be so damn good if MS can eventually manage to get a steady lineup of exclusives throughout the year in the future. Basically similar to the good years of the 360.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Well I think that because their IPs already have an audience, building out different avenues for the games make sense...and it can fill out more of the year with games. Remember that with Game Pass they are going to have to release new games more often to keep people subscribed. So reusing some assets and engine technology will definitely be beneficial. We could see a Halo 6 and a Gears within the same year but maybe a different type of Gears. This is why I don't think we'll get next gen for MS until 2021. But building out your franchises for your subscription service at this point will be beneficial for them. I'm looking forward to what they bring to the subscription and how far "all in" they are with it, in reference to 3rd party games.

Status
Not open for further replies.