• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be dusk golem, he has posted many times about State of Decay on the old forum due to the info he gets from a friend who works at undead labs.

Thanks to both, that's really reassuring. SoD2 was already a big game for me so to hear it can only improve upon its E3 showing us great news.

On an unrelated but still first party line it looks like The Coalition have been helping out with the Xbox port of PUBG.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I think Pubg will definitely be shown tonight on xbox. Great way to build more hype when it releases soon.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to both, that's really reassuring. SoD2 was already a big game for me so to hear it can only improve upon its E3 showing us great news.

On an unrelated but still first party line it looks like The Coalition have been helping out with the Xbox port of PUBG.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/am...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, I threw up a thread for that b/c I think that's huge. The more and more I read about this, the less I believe it's going to PS4 anytime soon. There's a quote about MS lending "white glove, first party" treatment to PUBG. Why give that benefit to your competitor any time soon?!

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Crackdown 3 multiplayer is still a no-show and it's supposedly coming out before E3 2018, really don't know when/where they could show it.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I think either Cd3 or SoD2 will be delayed.

CD3 will likely release in Summer, really can't see the merit in delaying it any further given its massive dev time.
State of Decay looked like it will really bloom with extra polish time. The gameplay looked solid, especially if it's a direct evolution of the last game, which was excellent.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
CD3 will likely release in Summer, really can't see the merit in delaying it any further given its massive dev time.
State of Decay looked like it will really bloom with extra polish time. The gameplay looked solid, especially if it's a direct evolution of the last game, which was excellent.

CD3 has been in development since early 2014, so I think it won't be delayed again. I might be wrong, but I remember reading something about the game being almost finished, but it still needed some extra polishing around the edges, ans that's why they delayed it.

Tbh, I think MS would cancel it before delaying it again.

Deleted member 62

CD3 has been in development since early 2014, so I think it won't be delayed again. I might be wrong, but I remember reading something about the game being almost finished, but it still needed some extra polishing around the edges, ans that's why they delayed it.

Tbh, I think MS would cancel it before delaying it again.

We still haven't seen anything of the multiplayer, and the single player didn't leave a particularly positive impression after E3. Not sure if they can really turn it around with just half a year more of development time.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We still haven't seen anything of the multiplayer, and the single player didn't leave a particularly positive impression after E3. Not sure if they can really turn it around with just half a year more of development time.
Single-player was really well received by everyone who played it; most all of the criticism was centered around the visuals, which the delay should give them time to polish up.

Multi being MIA is troubling though.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I think the main improvement they will make to the city is geometry for buildings.

Oct 27, 2017
I am super excited for Crackdown 3 being a massive fan of Crackdown 1 and 2. After they delayed it, I more or less assumed that they wouldn't show anything until next year. I've been pleased with what they have shown thus far, as long as its more Crackdown then that'll be good enough for me.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I think the main improvement they will make to the city is geometry for buildings.

And the animations from the E3 videos left a lot to be desired. After what we've seen on Xbox One and with the Xbox One X around, Crackdown 3 could (and should) look much better than what we got to see during the last E3.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming they have been using the extra time to improve the graphics, major areas I'm expecting to improve are animations and effects. The cell-shaded style is very forgiving to stuff like level geometry.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming they have been using the extra time to improve the graphics, major areas I'm expecting to improve are animations and effects. The cell-shaded style is very forgiving to stuff like level geometry.

Yeah, I think so too.
For eg:
TIGEfJU.gif

That locked torso and the overall animations are old-gen level.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown is really basic though, I thought they deliberately done that to make the movement and combat more instant and not a slog of shit hot animations to wait for.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I dont like that it appears they changed the regenerative armor to energy shields like every other sci fi thing

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This doesn't necessarily fit here since we don't know who is publishing it, but a recent post in another thread has had me thinking about Playground's new RPG. There are conflicting rumors on whether it's a first party game or not, but here is what we know.
Normally I wouldn't put much stock on a random website, but they were right about the second studio. Correct me if that was something that was reported on before. There is, of course, the possibility this could all be coincidence, but it at least shows some possibility that it could be a Microsoft title. Does anyone have a link to the rumors that Microsoft passed on it? I've seen several posters say that, but I haven't been able to see the actual source of it.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's all just speculation and conjecture from 'ITK' posters on this board and the old one.

I think it might be multiplatform as it's really unusul for the studio to announce they are working on a new game but somehow MS are angry about this? That just doesn't make any sense.

The big question then is who is publishing it?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This doesn't necessarily fit here since we don't know who is publishing it, but a recent post in another thread has had me thinking about Playground's new RPG. There are conflicting rumors on whether it's a first party game or not, but here is what we know.
Normally I wouldn't put much stock on a random website, but they were right about the second studio. Correct me if that was something that was reported on before. There is, of course, the possibility this could all be coincidence, but it at least shows some possibility that it could be a Microsoft title. Does anyone have a link to the rumors that Microsoft passed on it? I've seen several posters say that, but I haven't been able to see the actual source of it.
Whatever it is, if it's next gen as the original recruitment advert stated, then it'll be 2020 at the earliest.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
The Microsoft declining rumor comes from Resetera I believe. Major publications don't report on things that Resetera or "the other site" leaked. Which is likely why you can't find sources.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Well Rare is around 200 staff and is still hiring a lot, we also know that 150 are working on Sea of Thieves so it will probably ramp up production a couple of months after Sea of Thieves releases once the live team is big enough (lead by Christina Parker.) We also know in 6-9 months they will be reevaluating their code distribution method, which is not something you would usually do on a current project but on a new one. So I assume there are two options, what they are working on now is a small project that will be out sometime next year before following onto their next big project or the project is their next big project and they are looking to set up a small team for the project following it. I hope Louise O'Connors team is not going to spread the studio too thin across too many projects, though Craig Duncan did previously manage Codemaster so he would be very good at having a studio manage multiple projects. I also wonder if Rare has any more partnership games in development like Rare Replay or Killer Instinct, probably more on the MS publishing side but I wouldn't be surprised if Rare had a say.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Rare, during the 360 era had a high turnover rate. They would release a game every year.

I think we could see thier next game say late 2019.

As well years ago, it was established Louise O Connor was in charge of an incubation team working on new ideas. I think that's the next game from Rare.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And for me, its obvious Playground are working with MS for thier new IP.

I would not put much stock in what any insider says.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Rare, during the 360 era had a high turnover rate. They would release a game every year.

As well years ago, it was established Louise O Connor was in charge of an incubation team working on new ideas. I think that's the next game from Rare.
It depends on if they are making a smaller game, an AAA game like Sea of Thieves would take 4-5 years. If it's like a revival of an old franchise, then maybe early 2020.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who else is going to fund an independant studio to the tune of a new AAA team? Working on a new AAA project.

No 3rd party would fund PG to this extent.

Also if you claim to know otherwise, you need to get yourself verified

On top of my head:
Deep Silver
THQ Nordic
505 Games
Maximum Games
Private Division
Bandai Namco
Square Enix

B1Sxe8.gif

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean why would PG turn down the assistance from Turn 10 with whom they have formed a great partnership with as well

Stranger things have happened, but MS and PG continuing their partnership makes more sense then any of the publishers you listed.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
It's not exclusive. MS has failed to make the proper/correct/logical decision when it comes to first party for years now.

I don't know why some people continue to get their hopes up with disappointment year after year.

Hindle

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's not exclusive. MS has failed to make the proper/correct/logical decision when it comes to first party for years now.

I don't know why some people continue to get their hopes up with disappointment year after year.

Maybe because they are not actually disapponted?

PUBG has 1m players in less then 48 hours.

And again, where is your source for PGs new IP

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Second studio was announced in February
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ning-second-studio-working-on-open-world-game

The Linkedin recruiter rumour was posted on Neogaf before the Italian site mentioned it.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of those have done what I said. Which is Create a new AAA team for an independant studio, whilst allowing the other PG studio to continue to make Forza Horizon games.

Didn't Square build up the team making Octopath Traveller, as well as give the Tales guy his own studio to make a new IP.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't sneakers and Matt say MS passed on PG game back on the old forum?
They alluded to it, and with your post we've looped back around again in this never ending circle on that matter. Fact is, we have clues to suggest they are working with MS one one hand, and "insiders" claiming that they aren't on the other hand. Only time will tell, and it'll be a long wait given this is a next gen title.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon

I think expecting Rare's next game to be in late 2019 is being too optimistic. Rare is so goddamn slow these days. But I guess it also depends on how big the second project is and how long it's been in development.

I would love for Rare to at least return to their 360 era level of output, but something tells me that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.