• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
https://curiouscat.me/JezCorden/post/411155125

Jez Corden gave a hint again on his CuriousCat page. Could tell us something about their E3 conference or games in development.

- In an earlier answer, he said avatars are coming slightly before E3.
-
In the question above someone asks if they're going to be doing any avatar integration. Jez Corden replies he knows avatars are going to be much more gamified than they have been in the past and then says to stay tuned for more on that in the future.

I believe he's referring to using your avatar as the main character in games and so on.

He also said Microsoft has a fondness for the ReCore IP but they want a developer that can make a sequel higher than AA and insinuated they are having trouble with that.

https://curiouscat.me/JezCorden/post/411149485

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Guarantee avatar rewards for watching E3 based on this.

He also said Microsoft has a fondness for the ReCore IP but they want a developer that can make a sequel higher than AAA and insinuated they are having trouble with that.

I imagine this kind of relates to the whole conversation before about companies often preferring to work on an IP they themselves created, rather than getting stuck with an unsuccessful IP with only one entry and the command "pls fix it. Make it better this time."

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
In my honest opinion MS should take advantage of all the IPs they started this generation. Well certain ones.

Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
ReCore

To me, investment in those IPs would benefit them. MS doesn't have to start over...they just need to dig deeper. All of those IPs are good enough to take off in my opinion. Just execute better, market better and just add them all to GamePass lololol.
Sunset Overdrive and ReCore are salvageable in my eyes, the others no way. I don't see any potential in either of those games as the beginnings of something bigger.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
In my honest opinion MS should take advantage of all the IPs they started this generation. Well certain ones.

Ryse
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
ReCore

To me, investment in those IPs would benefit them. MS doesn't have to start over...they just need to dig deeper. All of those IPs are good enough to take off in my opinion. Just execute better, market better and just add them all to GamePass lololol.

I'd love a new Quantum Break without the TV shizzle!

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mike has posted loads of pictures of other gaming related paraphernalia from the Xbox campus over the years. Ryse 2 isn't happening folks.

Also that's super interesting about Quantum Break, I didn't know any of that. They did the same thing with Wake, dropped the open world to go in another direction. Really hope we get a reveal of P7 at E3!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There are so many other Xbox IPs that deserve a comeback prior to a game like Ryse. Some of which we might know about already, some not.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://curiouscat.me/JezCorden/post/411155125

Jez Corden gave a hint again on his CuriousCat page. Could tell us something about their E3 conference or games in development.

-
In the question above someone asks if they're going to be doing any avatar integration. Jez Corden replies he knows avatars are going to be much more gamified than they have been in the past and then says to stay tuned for more on that in the future.

I believe he's referring to using your avatar as the main character in games and so on.

He also said Microsoft has a fondness for the ReCore IP but they want a developer that can make a sequel higher than AA and insinuated they are having trouble with that.

What happened to "The creators of Metroid Prime". Can they get that amazing talent to make it.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018

I think you're reading too much into this, to me it sounds like "I know nothing, except that they're fond of the IP", which is something that they've publicly stated a few times since the game came out.

Sunset Overdrive and ReCore are salvageable in my eyes, the others no way. I don't see any potential in either of those games as the beginnings of something bigger.

All of them could be turned into successful franchises, there's no reason why they couldn't. I'd love to see sequels to all of them, plus some others (like Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, and, yeah, D4).

Also that's super interesting about Quantum Break, I didn't know any of that. They did the same thing with Wake, dropped the open world to go in another direction. Really hope we get a reveal of P7 at E3!

The bonus Blu-ray that comes with the PC Collector's Edition of Quantum Break is full of interesting early and cut material, including the pilot episode of the live-action show (which was completely different from the one we've gotten in the end, featuring different characters that were featured in one of the early trailers), and this gameplay sequence:

image_quantum_break-2rdsnq.jpg

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, I can't wait until E3. I just want to see that glorious Forza Horizon 4k Japan...

Less than two months...

EDIT: btw, I have a leftover code for a Halo Driver Suit for FM7. Does anyone want it? Idk if it still works, but it should.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of them could be turned into successful franchises, there's no reason why they couldn't. I'd love to see sequels to all of them, plus some others (like Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, and, yeah, D4).
hopefully MS reconsiders the Crimson Dragon RPG now that Panzer Dragoon has recently surged in popularity on Xbox again.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can in no way possible see how Playtonic would choose Microsoft as their business partner. That seems contrary to some of their interviews.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS is the last company I would expect them to partner with, but if they had something multiplat it would come to Xbox too.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I can in no way possible see how Playtonic would choose Microsoft as their business partner. That seems contrary to some of their interviews.
I thought they were positive on MS, at least from the quotes I read. I don't think Playtonic would be working on Conker or Banjo because Rare is quite capable of making it in house, Mayles, O'Connor, Beanland and Stevenson would be a great team to lead that sort of project. Seavor has done a lot of conker voice work, so I'm sure he would be up for a script or voice work.

EDIT: Yep they were the positive ones:
"Everybody likes to create this narrative that Microsoft are evil, but that's not the case," Price told Eurogamer. "Phil Spencer taking the mantle of Xbox is one of the best things that could have happened for Rare, because he's always said to people at Rare [as general manager of Microsoft Studios], 'Do what you want to do and we'll back you.'"
"For me, it was more about [Rare founders] Tim and Chris Stamper leaving," says Playtonic technical director Jens Restemeier, who worked at Rare handling handheld conversions of key titles. "There was no sense of progression about what the company was going to do from that point on. The story people want to hear is that Microsoft came in and destroyed everything. It wasn't like that. They gave us freedom, almost more freedom than Nintendo gave us."
If your wondering, Phil and Shannon were ex-Microsoft studios EMEA, so they worked with Rare when they still had the handheld division and were working on Conker L&R, Kameo, PDZ, Viva and N&B's up until 2008. That seems to be why a lot of ex-Rare staff like him, even Kirkhope which is surprising.

Last edited:

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
p_839qgsfa0.jpg

3 Untitiled Games xD

Ninja Gaiden
Dino Crisis

well it's Leak season
and they forget To edit The release data xD
(It just Fake one)

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Ryse for a launch exclusive was fine, if they released the same game now, I dont think it would fare well. I enjoyed my time with it, but unless it has a drastic change from the first, I dont think it's a game worth a sequel.

The fighting mechanics were very dull, you couldn't interact with anything, it was just areas of combat arenas mixed with arrow firing moments.

A sequel wouldn't be the exact same game re skinned with better graphics. One would think they would improve most, if not all aspects of the game, including the issues you've noted above. A game doesn't have to be a masterpiece in order to deserve a sequel.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
A sequel wouldn't be the exact same game re skinned with better graphics. One would think they would improve most, if not all aspects of the game, including the issues you've noted above. A game doesn't have to be a masterpiece in order to deserve a sequel.

You're right, it has potential for sure.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
...Microsoft has a fondness for the ReCore IP but they want a developer that can make a sequel higher than AA and insinuated they are having trouble with that.

Goddamit why must these things be so hard!

Ok. I'll take the positive news, another hint that MS like ReCore and want to do more with it. I'll take that.

Man... I would love so much to see a big, awesome, spare-no-expense ReCore 2. It's probably the game that I want the most from MS. Even if I have to wait till next generation.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That SoT part is intresting. So those 1 and 2 million players is not with Gamepass users added?
Because that would be mega.

BM93BjY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.