• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Xbox "Next" - Gears of War 5, Halo 6 (If we don't see it this fall), Forza something or other.

If this happened, I would groan out loud and not bother buying the next Xbox on day one.

It cannot be empathised strongly enough that they need to get out of the seemingly never ending Forza, Gears and Halo cycle...

I'm just a gamer like you who expects his first child within the next 10 days.

I sincerely wish you and your partner all the best!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to revisit Albion. Project name could be Wisdom. An UK Studio should do it.

I would love to play around with Ms. Dark again. The Coalition should definitely help if it's a 3rd person game. I mean ... Not them alone obviously.

I would also love to play the Crackdown 3 campaign in 4-player coop.

I would love playing Forza with the rising sun on the Horizon.

I would love to play AoE4 soon ... But it's probably super early.

I would love to have a really high player-count (connections per session) for Xbox biggest franchise.

Oh and I think I'm sure Phil likes Mechs.

I'm sure they have things I have no fucking clue about what they mean.

I doubt I get anything for Conker, Banjo or Crimson Skies in the foreseeable future.

Make out of that what you want. I don't know what is just a prototype etc. I would definitely love to see those things happening though.
I feel like the better way to do this would be to just straight-up post what you've got and throw a ton of disclaimers on it. You can use big, colorful text and shit now, harder to miss.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Klobrille If you just take some screens and show it to mods you will be fine i think. And its not the first time you found it. If its not all true at the end thats not your fault. :)

krang

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to revisit Albion. Project name could be Wisdom. An UK Studio should do it.

I would love to play around with Ms. Dark again. The Coalition should definitely help if it's a 3rd person game. I mean ... Not them alone obviously.

I would love to have a really high player-count (connections per session) for Xbox biggest franchise.

I doubt I get anything for Conker, Banjo or Crimson Skies in the foreseeable future.

Make out of that what you want. I don't know what is just a prototype etc. I would definitely love to see those things happening though.

Well damn.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017

200.gif

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this happened, I would groan out loud and not bother buying the next Xbox on day one.

It cannot be empathised strongly enough that they need to get out of the seemingly never ending Forza, Gears and Halo cycle...

I'm sorry that you feel that way! Personally, I think those games would still be worth getting excited about if they were there at launch with new IP being teased for later. I would definitely agree with you if launch was "meh" and our big titles on the horizon were Halo and Gears.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY

And now things have gotten interesting...

3rd person Perfect Dark shooter has been a dream of mine for a long long time, hope to see some truth to that.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
If

If this is true, it's going to be a great year

krang

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I would love to have a really high player-count (connections per session) for Xbox biggest franchise"

Sounds like battle royale for Halo, no?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
"I would love to have a really high player-count (connections per session) for Xbox biggest franchise"

Sounds like battle royale for Halo, no?

More than likely a bigger Warzone 2.0, I believe some leaks about 5's development talked about 343 wanting to use cloud tech so maybe this time round (Beyond Warzone a.i.)

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
A new Fable from Studio Gobo or Playground ?
Perfect Dark in 3rd person.
Forza Horizon 4 set in Japan.
Halo 6 Battle Royale or MMO-lite a la Destiny.
MechAssault ?

Nice !

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Ssoooo...

A new Fable by Playground Games (UK studio)
A new (third person) Perfect Dark by The Coalition
A four-player co-operative mode for Crackdown 3
Forza Horizon in Japan
Halo 6 (biggest franchise)
The return of MechAssault?

If these are all on the agenda, then that's not bad going!

p.s. Oof, beaten by a mere minute!

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Ssoooo...

A new Fable by Playground Games (UK studio)
A new (third person) Perfect Dark by The Coalition
A four-player co-operative mode for Crackdown 3
Forza Horizon in Japan
Halo 6 (biggest franchise)
The return of MechAssault?

If these are all on the agenda, then that's not bad going!

p.s. Oof, beaten by a mere minute!

I think Studio Gobo are doing Fable, Playground Games are doing a new IP iirc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah playground is unlikely to be doing a fable game. If a fable were to be made Gobo would be the best bet. I still stand by the idea that the corpse of fable legends was gonna be used in making a new game

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
A Studio Gobo listing.

Studio Gobo is looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join the team working on a major AAA console title. This person will be a critical link between many departments on this project and will be crucial to the success […]

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah and Crackdown with 4 player coop we know already
Really? Sry didn't know that. Just recognized all these 4 IPs sessions without "Arena" in the title ID - so my logical assumption was 4 player coop.

It's difficult to read these contents. But I think I got all the important stuff these last 12 hours. Obviously some project names I have zero clue what they are about. New IP, dead prototypes etc. It's difficult.

krang

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Studio Gobo are doing Fable, Playground Games are doing a new IP iirc

I kinda find it hard to believe they'd let Studio Gobo loose on Fable. Seems like too small a team.

Interested in what the Halo thing means. Some people saying it's Halo 6, but my instinct was to assume an update to Halo 5 Warzone.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Sry didn't know that. Just recognized all these 4 IPs sessions without "Arena" in the title ID - so my logical assumption was 4 player coop.

It's difficult to read these contents. But I think I got all the important stuff these last 12 hours. Obviously some project names I have zero clue what they are about. New IP, dead prototypes etc. It's difficult.
No its fine. It makes you post more believable haha.
4 player coop for campaign is indeed confirmed.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
Rare and Coalition making a 3rd person Perfect Dark is the most exciting thing here to me.

krang

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Despite my above statement, SG working on Fable meaning that Playground is working on something else is very exciting.

Is it possible that the union strike delayed Halo's dev schedule?

They can do stand-ins (current staff) for a lot if time was really pushed, then replace with the actual actors later on in the dev cycle? Just a guess.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this thread just got a much-needed shot of hopium. Hopefully that list is true and Microsoft blows the doors off of E3!

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope to god they keep people like Garry Whitta away from story and actually hire quality writers

Everything I can see says that Gary was just a story consultant on Halo 5. I've literally no idea what that means, nor have I seen anything attributing major issues with Halo 5's story to him. Where is this coming from?

Halo 6 turning warzone into a battle royale mode would be brilliant IMO.

Halo 5 was the first game in the series that made me feel like I was controlling one of the Spartan's they detailed in the books. Battle Royale with those characters sounds amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.