• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown 3 might be at E3 2019 at this rate.

It'll have been 6 years since the 2013 teases.

Jesus. It must really be disastrous.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown 3 delay was hinted at in this very thread. It's not surprising at all. Hopefully this means it will be a better game but hopefully this is the last E3 it shows up at.

E3 2014 was a fucking disaster.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Crackdown 3 might be at E3 2019 at this rate.

It'll have been 6 years since the 2013 teases.

Jesus. It must really be disastrous.
Have you been following the game the past month? The delay isn't because the game is bad. The game was said a month ago by Jez Corden to be delayed to 2019 because they want it to be Gears/Halo/Forza quality, they want it to be a big AAA franchise and currently its just a fun decent game which would probably get a 75 metacritic score. They want to make it a much bigger thing which is why it was delayed, they need more time and money to do that.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Have you been following the game the past month? The delay isn't because the game is bad. The game was said a month ago by Jez Corden to be delayed to 2019 because they want it to be Gears/Halo/Forza quality, they want it to be a big AAA franchise and currently its just a fun decent game which would probably get a 75 metacritic score. They want to make it a much bigger thing which is why it was delayed, they need more time and money to do that.

Problem is, that doesn't make much sense. Are they bringing more devs onto the project?

And we had Matt say the delay wasn't for polish, but rather to turn the product into something releasable at all.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Crackdown delay is exciting honestly it was going to get crushed this fall if it wasn't a surprise e3 launch. Make it the first big game any of the big 3 puts out next year 1/1/19 do it

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but looks like the Microsoft Store listings page is getting a makeover.
W2jPcZg.jpg

2xelXVu.png

That's the trailer playing on top.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown delay is exciting honestly it was going to get crushed this fall if it wasn't a surprise e3 launch. Make it the first big game any of the big 3 puts out next year 1/1/19 do it

I'm sorry but saying the delay of freakin' Crackdown 3 to 2019 is exciting just reads like Stockholm Syndrome.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Great So We Have Only FH4 For 2018 as AAA game......

I Just Can't get it How multi billion dollar Compeny Could Not Fix this Problem early Instead they have been in this Situation For a long time?

I Guess We Should Just Forget About This Gen and Wait For the Next Gen Since they Only start To think about the Xbox
I know SOD2 is AA, but SoT is AAA no?

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Well if you have been following the word on the street it's apparenty coming along great especially when everyone has been bashing Microsoft for launching games not ready.
Not surprising for them when they still think E3 2013 was the TVTVTV one, for them bashing Microsoft doesn't need to even get anything right.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not surprising for them when they still think E3 2013 was the TVTVTV one, for them bashing Microsoft doesn't need to even get anything right.
Another reason it has me excited is because I don't believe Xbox will let that delay go without something in its place and this Halo infinity rumor only being MP has me wondering if that's coming this year.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Absolutely, I would be fine with "We acquired Playground and they are working on a new Fable" way more than "We have acquired Palyground. Please be excited".

Dude I am with you here. Announcing new studio acquisitions/formations will appease people in this thread. But it means nothing to the mainstream. Look at the number of people on Era who didn't know Playground wasn't first party. It's super inside baseball. But if they can do it alongside a new game, then I think that's different. That works appeals to everyone.

I know it scares a lot of people, you only need to read the thread for your Variety article but the future they talk about is inevitable. Whether it's next gen or the one after that it's going to happen. I still think Xbox will release dedicated hardware but I think they'll be trying to get there content onto as many devices as possible.

I remember when people I knew said they would never buy their games digitally and that they would always get physical discs, times change and so did they.

Agreed on this one too. We've already seen that change in how streaming works. A few years ago a big bonus of a console was the ability to run apps like Netflix. Then it was made cheaper through Chromecasts etc, now it's straight up built into most TVs. Obviously games are a different beast, but that will happen. Having an Xbox app and bundling a controller in with a new TV would get (some) games in front of consumers easier. And without the cost of having to design and produce consoles. (Super long term, I don't expect physical consoles to stop being produced any time soon).

batosaims

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Probably not the place to post this but https://gamingbolt.com/square-enix-doubles-down-on-its-multiplatform-approach

Square Enix is done with exclusives and says they want to make games available on Xbox One, PC, PS4 and Switch (all four platforms) to make them available to as many people as possible. We could see some Square Enix games on stage that some people might not expect during Microsoft's E3 conference.

They would be beyond stupid to not release the KH 1.5 and 2.5 sets on the Xbox One given that the 3rd one is out soon.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017

Rand is saying that he heard the Multiplayer for CD3 works as advertised with regards to the cloud based destruction and it's fun.

It's the single player portion of the game that is the reason for the delay

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
The Crackdown delay, honestly, to me, is good news. It means their serious, hopefully, because if it is because the game is in a terrible state and releases in February in "playable state" it will very disappointing. Hopefully it means it will be awesome. I will try not to jump to any conclusions regarding this news until E3. This was kind of expected from what I read here so conference still has my enthusiasm. Let's see what they have in store for us.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Rand is saying that he heard the Multiplayer for CD3 works as advertised with regards to the cloud based destruction and it's fun.

It's the single player portion of the game that is the reason for the delay

This is one of those cases where I'm just going to say that isnt right.

And yes, the disappointing news I referred to before was the delay.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Although I'm looking forward to CD3, it seems clear to me that Microsoft just wants to avoid another PR nightmare by cancelling the game or by releasing it to SoT/SoD2 levels of critical reception. No way CD3 can ever turn a profit at this point, methinks, but I also know jack shit so.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those cases where I'm just going to say that isnt right.

And yes, the disappointing news I referred to before was the delay.

So it's the Multiplayer that's the problem? Interesting. This game has definitely gone through developement hell

You guys think there'll be any chance CD3 will be at E3?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I'm so confused now, Matt posted this:
"Delay was all about SP being in a bad way. MP was fine."
Jez said something similar, but Zhugeex says it's multi.
It seems Crackdown is all over the place in more than one way lol.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Great So We Have Only FH4 For 2018 as AAA game......

I Just Can't get it How multi billion dollar Compeny Could Not Fix this Problem early Instead they have been in this Situation For a long time?

I Guess We Should Just Forget About This Gen and Wait For the Next Gen Since they Only start To think about the Xbox
Kinda what happens when you don't invest in first party game development like Microsoft has in the past decade. End of the 360 generation was the start of this.

Microsoft was never that enthusiastic about being in the Video Game business until last year. So it will be interesting to see what they do going forward.

I'm not expecting anything great from them to be honest.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
CD3 is obviously in a much better state than it was say last year. But it has of course gone through a lot to get to where it is now. The focus moving forward should lead to a better product next year.

So it's the Multiplayer that's the problem? Interesting.

Not exclusively.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This must be the first E3's where I feel hardly any hype at all. Maybe it is because nothing has leaked and the last 2 MS E3's had the "X" stuff happening and new hardware is always exciting. I also don't want to get my hopes up. I am sure things will change come Saturday night, the night before the pressers are always exciting. Hope things stay quiet as far as leaks are concerned. Would be great to have a lot of surprises not spoiled.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Wait I'm so confused now, Matt posted this:
"Delay was all about SP being in a bad way. MP was fine."
Jez said something similar, but Zhugeex says it's multi.
It seems Crackdown is all over the place in more than one way lol.

well, as we know there are a lot of studios involved with this project. People could be hearing stuff from within different teams

Status
Not open for further replies.