• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Greetings from Kuala Lumpur Airport, just caught up with the news and looked like Xbox had a great conference.

Ninja Theory joining MS Studios was quite a surprise but I can't wait to see what they bring.

Halo Infinity is looking good, can't wait for that.

Hope to be able to watch the conference soon.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I'm glad they are finally making their own studio for new IP's...

Unless the initiative is who is making Perfect Dark
Actually, I'd be fine with that but I know most would not be

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
+ Halo trailer was great for setting the mood
+ Jrpgs at least coming over
+ Cuphead dlc and new playable character
+ SoT ghost ship is probably the most urgent need in that game
+ Doesn't seem like Sony has timed exclusives?
+ 3 gears games was a great troll job, I nearly started booing after the phone game
+ Gears tactics looks good
+ Gears 5 with strong female lead, away from the Fenix family (father over shadowing, son plain boring)
+ FH4 is looking great with meaningful improvement
+ MS must have a great relationship to let cdprojectred do that stunt
+ No br 1st party, let's not waste that energy

- no unexpected exclusives
- I can put together that battle toads trailer
- no true AA exclusives either
- game pass and service part dragged and didn't add enough games

Undead Labs: so the game sold well, and the next one will have AAA budget, no excuses now.
Ninja Theory: the "woah" moment for me
Compulsion Games: it's almost like Xbox said stop working on that sunk cost and come work for us. We happy few had great atmosphere but the wrong premise (survival), and never previewed well. With a bigger budget though... Maybe something Bioshock-y??????

Nice summary.

I suggest you check out some recent previews of We Happy Few, though. It's no longer a mere survival game and is indeed drawing comparisons to Bioshock.

Deleted member 11995

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Just thinking, was there even the briefest glimpse of The Last Night during that conference, anywhere?

Did they drop that shit like a hot rock?

Because I really wouldn't mind at all if they did.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Just thinking, was there even the briefest glimpse of The Last Night during that conference, anywhere?

Did they drop that shit like a hot rock?

Because I really wouldn't mind at all if they did.

I thought about that during the indie reel. Not surprising, can't see any publisher wanting to be seen promoting it after the controversy.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Great conference. Actually, it convinced me to upgrade my S to a X, so good job MS. Game of the conference for me was Dying Light 2. Big fan of the original and the sequel looks fantastic.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
Halo's gotta be cross gen with the next Xbox right. I just can't wait to learn more about that game, the art style looks soooooo good!! Damn if I could get a One X for a good deal right now it should last me about 2.5 years till the next system is what I'm thinking. With horizon 4 getting 60fps on one x, it almost seems worth it.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, does the fact that they're announcing each game is coming to Game Pass day one worry anybody else? I mean, it feels redundant.

Nerdmuch

Apr 6, 2018
Wait, so is there a breakdown of...what's actually coming for Xbox holiday 2018?

Forza Horizon 4 (October)

that's...that's it. that's all I got.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's just to hammer the point in .
You're probably completely right, it's just the WAY they're doing it that was a bit weird to me. For Forza, they were like we're thrilled to announce it will be part of Games Pass on day one!

They treated it like a surprise. I'd expect wording to be different, I dunno.

I wonder if I'll be able to play the entire launch lineup from MS on day one on the next Xbox, for example.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna miss you old thread. Became the best Era thread in the last 6 months. Lets make the second one even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.