• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should we move to a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 86 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
what is the book that people are referring to that the game might be an adaptation of?

Also, that Electric Square artwork is so awesome

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
tAnaZXz.png

"Player messaging features" on a "Global IP"

I think Electric Square is working on a Halo Destiny-like and that's coming this year, the Halo Waypoint post maybe points to that.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Hi there everyone! I've been working on this for a few hours:

It's still WIP, but I'd like to get your feedback. I'm not a native English speaker, so if you see anything weird do not hesitate to tell me. All kinds of help will be welcome!

Still missing:
- All the rumours around Studio Gobo/ES.
- The Coalition rumours and leaks.
- Other 1st party Studios.
- Other partners.

I think I love you, very nice initiative. Maybe more colors and standout the logos of devs and games (it's a little bit chaotic if I'm being picky but great work).

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Only reason why I would calm my expectations on these rumors are because they are all subject to cancel and we don't know when they are going to come out. I still only expect 2-4 unannounced games at E3 in addition to Ori 2 and Forza Horizon 4 for Fall'18/'19 games.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

I think Electric Square is working on a Halo Destiny-like and that's coming this year, the Halo Waypoint post maybe points to that.
You would need a 400-500 person studio, basically 343 itself to build that kind of game.

Last edited:

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Only reason why I would calm my expectations on these rumors are because they are all subject to cancel and we don't know when they are going to come out. I still only expect 2-4 unannounced games at E3 in addition to Ori 2 and Forza Horizon 4 for Fall'18/'19 games.
At E3 2017, we saw:
- State of Decay 2
- Sea of Thieves
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Super Lucky's Tale
- Crackdown 3
- Minecraft crossplay Announcement
- Xbox BC announcement
- Indie Games
- Multiplatform games

So I expect 6-7 exclusive games again. And I expect half of them to be Fall 2018 and half of them to be Early-Spring 2019 just like E3 2017.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hi there everyone! I've been working on this for a few hours:

It's still WIP, but I'd like to get your feedback. I'm not a native English speaker, so if you see anything weird do not hesitate to tell me. All kinds of help will be welcome!

Still missing:
- All the rumours around Studio Gobo/ES.
- The Coalition rumours and leaks.
- Other 1st party Studios.
- Other partners.
This looks great. Good work. You should add Sumo Digital.

It's probably a controller.
Think so, too. All these patent leaks heavily suggest Elite 2.0.

tAnaZXz.png

Hmmm ...

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
You would need a 400-500 person studio, basically 343 itself to build that kind of game.
EDIT: Is that position for Gobo or Electric Square because Electric Square is the MS project.

343 could be helping as well, Halo 6 isn't coming this year.
Klobrille found two "different" Halo games in his API/database leak. And also 343i just posted a couple days ago that in 2018 you wouldn't get "those" adventures but there would be a new Halo Adventure and it will surprise us.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
What a crazy idea: the makers of Halo releasing a console, space MMO that plays similar to Halo.

ThatGuyJangle

Flashbulb Games
Verified
Oct 30, 2017

Those tasks don't sound even remotely related to a Destiny style Halo game to me, unless they're doing something rather unique with the in-game communication rather than using voice chat over XBL like the vast majority of games.

Also like Jinx says, they're not a big enough studio for a game of that scope.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Klobrille found two "different" Halo games in his API/database leak. And also 343i just posted a couple days ago that in 2018 you wouldn't get "those" adventures but there would be a new Halo Adventure and it will surprise us.

Yep! I think Electric Square being the "other Halo game" is a given by now.

But wasn't Gobo working on a new IP for Microsoft as well?

Maybe there's indeed three games.

One free 2 play based with toys, that's the Ubi game
The New IP
and the Global IP with Microsoft

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Those tasks don't sound even remotely related to a Destiny style Halo game to me, unless they're doing something rather unique with the in-game communication rather than using voice chat over XBL like the vast majority of games.

Also like Jinx says, they're not a big enough studio for a game of that scope.

Hmm.. interesting, what do you think it could be? I think it's Halo related.

ThatGuyJangle

Flashbulb Games
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I checked that Job posting is for Gobo not Electric Square, so it's not related to the MS project.

It's not a job posting, it's a Graduate Programmers achievements whilst working at Gobo from 2016 to 2017, now he's moved onto whatever project Electric Square are working on. :) It's likely he's worked on two different projects there as he mentions making a Unity Tool whilst the other thing is Unreal Engine related.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? He says pretty much he was working with Microsoft Studios, that's before the re-brand.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mariosbikos

Oh your right it seems he moved over to Electric Squares offices 5 months ago and Gobo is looking for a fill in, got two different postings mixed up sorry.

EDIT: Maybe they were prototyping in unity? before they switched over to unreal.

Last edited:

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
tAnaZXz.png

The term 'in-game player messaging features' I would assume that be more like the messages you see when you start up game x to say new DLC available, thanks for the support, etc. type where the studio is messaging the users collectively.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Haha I love how it was basically months upon months of zero info and now we're seemingly getting multiple rumors or bits of info everyday.

I wonder if something happened internally which is causing this. Like someone else noted, State of Decay devs were told to wait until 2018 to start releasing info about SoD2.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I love how it was basically months upon months of zero info and now we're seemingly getting multiple rumors or bits of info everyday.

I wonder if something happened internally which is causing this. Like someone else noted, State of Decay devs were told to wait until 2018 to start releasing info about SoD2.
Toilet seat happened

ThatGuyJangle

Flashbulb Games
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
I think if you want to read into that resume a little more, the "complex camera system" is probably more fruitful than the in-game player messaging prototyping. What Microsoft IP could potentially warrant a complex camera system?

Of course, they're not even necessarily tasks on the same project. :D

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I think if you want to read into that resume a little more, the "complex camera system" is probably more fruitful than the in-game player messaging prototyping. What Microsoft IP could potentially warrant a complex camera system?
Something like the surge or souls? would make sense with the messaging system. Otogi reboot? let me have stupid dreams.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Toilet seat happened
It's absolutely unreal that Microsoft didn't patch the Xbox API leak that caused their entire E3 2016-Gamescom 2017 (Forza Horizon 3-Age of Empires IV) game lineup to be leaked, they didn't secure it, Klobrille said he easily went back into it and that Microsoft didn't patch it. And because of them being so reckless and not securing it, we probably know a lot of 2019-2021 titles. And we're only into January, by E3 we might know everything.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017

Of course, they're not even necessarily tasks on the same project. :D

Viva Pinata - David Attenborough mode?!

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Has The Coalition suddenly become Microsoft's most valuable studio? They helped bring PUBG to consoles, they're surely working on Gears 5 and now there are trustworthy rumors of them being involved in both a Perfect Dark reboot and a new IP. Crazy.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Has The Coalition suddenly become Microsoft's most valuable studio? They helped bring PUBG to consoles, they're surely working on Gears 5 and now there are trustworthy rumors of them being involved in both a Perfect Dark reboot and a new IP. Crazy.
I think Rare also helped some Microsoft exclusive games with making the water physics look good (including PUBG?) but don't quote me on that.

343i is still Microsoft's best owned studio which is why they are forced to work on Halo for the rest of their lives. Because Microsoft trusts them to keep the money train going forever and ever.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be the party pooper but after thinking about it I don't think The Coalition are making a new IP and i also don't think Gobo are doing a Halo spin off.

It's still all exciting news though :)

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
It's absolutely unreal that Microsoft didn't patch the Xbox API leak that caused their entire E3 2016-Gamescom 2017 (Forza Horizon 3-Age of Empires IV) game lineup to be leaked, they didn't secure it, Klobrille said he easily went back into it and that Microsoft didn't patch it. And because of them being so reckless and not securing it, we probably know a lot of 2019-2021 titles. And we're only into January, by E3 we might know everything.
Maybe they are doing it on purpose though, Phil has said he doesn't want to talk or show things of to early. But still he doesn't want people to be down on first party in between, so leak some stuff out he doesn't get accused of lying and people at E3 don't cry "It's going to get cancelled!"
Viva Pinata - David Attenborough mode?!
Viva Pinata - The Big Blue Planet

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
most valuable?
my guess:
1. Mojang
2. 343
4. coalition
5. rare
Mojang probably makes the most money but I think 343 is the one Microsoft trusts the most. I don't think Microsoft was happy for example with Cobalt's sales after Mojang decided they wanted to work on a game other than Minecraft. Microsoft trusts 343 to keep Halo going forever for the studio's lifetime and Bonnie Ross says she can see Halo going on for at least over another decade so they obviously don't have a problem with it.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I think Microsoft realized that The Coalition wouldn't be profitable only with Gears, and they're turning it into a multi-IP studio (own IP and supporting other studios like what they did with PUBG).

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I think Microsoft realized that The Coalition wouldn't be profitable only with Gears, and they're turning it into a multi-IP studio (own IP and supporting other studios like what they did with PUBG).
They are absolutely going to stay focused on Gears but they are probably allowed to use smaller teams to make other projects unlike 343 where a jaw dropping over 500 employees are only allowed to work on Halo until people stop buying Halo.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They are absolutely going to stay focused on Gears but they are probably allowed to use smaller teams to make other projects unlike 343 where a jaw dropping over 500 employees are only allowed to work on Halo until people stop buying Halo.
Why do people use the word "allowed"? The studio is named 343. When you start there - you probably want to create Halo. You wouldn't work there otherwise. Working on such a huge and beloved franchise is an honor for many developers - not a forced pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.