• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Doesn't this feel really far out? If they launch holiday 2020 it's a year and a half until launch. To me that is a looooong time. Every event from this E3 until launch they're going to have to continue teasing things out. Just seems super far away (unless they launch early 2020 I guess).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
You assume they won't be backward-scalable?

All the talk lately has been about iterative upgrades, not Next-Gen machines.

That's not how this works.

There will be crossgen games but there will be exclusives built around the new hardware that the Pro or X simply can't manage.

At least this next gen won't be a content reset like the last one.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Places like Europe and Japan, the price won't really affect PS5 if ps3 is any indication
Sure, that's not really what the convo was about. The poster was implying that if there was one $600 model would be a bad move, but we already know that there's going to be a second cheaper SKU.

Doesn't this feel really far out? If they launch holiday 2020 it's a year and a half until launch. To me that is a looooong time. Every event from this E3 until launch they're going to have to continue teasing things out. Just seems super far away (unless they launch early 2020 I guess).
There's one more E3 before launch if they launch Holiday 2020. They probably wont reveal much more than any did.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
They did the same thing with Scorpio in 2016 even though it wasn't going to launch for another 18 months.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What is the proposed difference between this and the Xbox code named anaconda?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

They did this for the X. It's not all that big of a deal. There's six months until 2020. You introduce it here, then maybe have a Scarlet event next Spring, then do the proper unveil in 2020 at E3.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
If they plan on making us wait until next E3 it's going to awful. Here's to hoping we get a full reveal and it comes out early next year lol.

I know it's not their doing but man these leaks will make the wait incredibly hard.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
They probably not only want to release two models but also release before the PlayStation to get a head start. I don't see the point of announcing something more than a year in advance when last E3 it was already said they were working on their next-gen consoles.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
They probably not only want to release two models but also release before the PlayStation to get a head start. I don't see the point of announcing something more than a year in advance when last E3 it was already said they were working on their next-gen consoles.
I think we are in for a release before 2020 Holiday but I feel bad for believing that. All odds are against it even if it makes sense with all the teasing.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
They did this for the X. It's not all that big of a deal. There's six months until 2020. You introduce it here, then maybe have a Scarlet event next Spring, then do the proper unveil in 2020 at E3.
I just feel like it's going to feel like it's dragging on and on- similar to some game reveals. I guess they have to keep the hype for the Xbox brand somehow with few current gen games coming over the next year and a half.

Feeling a little burned with my One X, feel like I just bought it (picked it up at launch because it was 'the most powerful console') and already they're going to start teasing it's replacement, I really hope they still have first party exclusives that makes it worth it before next gen starts. I guess with xCloud you don't really have to buy a new system to play their next gen games- I'm assuming my One X will get some kind of app that'll stream.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the first time I saw Gears of War Screenshots on Xbox 360. It looked like the future. Hope we get something similiar with Xbox 4.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what next gen looks like. Rumors and speculation of a 4TF Lockhart concern me but idk, I have to see it before I can judge. Would love a shock 2019 release but that's .001% chance.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm concerned about these new upper end consoles from a value standpoint. The benefit/appeal of consoles to me has always been a lower price point and easy entry into quality games.

As both Sony (and more noticeably) Microsoft have gone to the stratosphere with specs, I'm not seeing the appeal. I'm expecting PC prices for these consoles with less performance and no upgrade options. I'm eager to see what the secret sauce is that will sway me to pick up the next gen consoles instead of refreshing my gaming PC in a few years.

This isn't a drive by or troll post...the blurred lines have legitimately made me question buying into a console generation for the first time since the NES.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I'm concerned about these new upper end consoles from a value standpoint. The benefit/appeal of consoles to me has always been a lower price point and easy entry into quality games.

As both Sony (and more noticeably) Microsoft have gone to the stratosphere with specs, I'm not seeing the appeal. I'm expecting PC prices for these consoles with less performance and no upgrade options. I'm eager to see what the secret sauce is that will sway me to pick up the next gen consoles instead of refreshing my gaming PC in a few years.

This isn't a drive by or troll post...the blurred lines have legitimately made me question buying into a console generation for the first time since the NES.
You will not see PC prices I promise.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking Microsoft will begin their show showing off Halo and show off next gen with game footage to close out the show. I cannot wait. I'm so ready for next gen.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are people predicting $600-700 serious?

A new console at that price is going to flop harder than Wii U

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You will not see PC prices I promise.

Fair enough, guess it's a wait and see game. Most launch consoles tend to be the equivalent specs wise to a decent mid-range PC at a fraction of the cost. I've always assumed they're subsidized some or sold at a loss to push software and online subs (for the past couple of generations).

If these are the equivalent to that, I'll take a closer look. If this is in the $700+ range...I'll be very confused. Especially with Microsoft pushing all their exclusives out on PC lately.