• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019

Could fit with the rumored "march Xbox event" celebrating Bethesda joining Xbox.

Per Jeff Grub last "Summer Game Mess" tweet, he notes "Xbox Bethesda acquisition closes" by the end of march.

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
Hopefully some news of a broader xcloud rollout. Would love to finally be able to use it on a Mac OS device in a browser or something.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
That doesn't sound like a game announcement event to me, especially if there is a Windows event following.

Likely to do with streaming or maybe a dashboard update.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The Bethesda deal should be done by then, so probably a bunch of news from them.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft's first party will become insanely strong within the next few years. Stoked to see more of what their studios are cookin'.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft's first party will become insanely strong within the next few years. Stoked to see more of what their studios are cookin'.
I feel like I've been waiting for forever for this to come to fruition. Really want them to hit that stride like the early 360 days again.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Looking forward to Xbox news.

I'm also interested in the Windows event. Would love to see the next steps/upgrades for the OS.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Whats_new.png

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Thus continues the next people hoping for the big event bombs and then get utterly mad and disappointed when nothing big drops. As with all events, keep your expectations in check folks!

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Probably wont be the best show. Maybe the reveal a vague Bethesda slate and exclusivity for investors to get excited about.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Thus continues the next people hoping for the big event bombs and then get utterly mad and disappointed when nothing big drops. As with all events, keep your expectations in check folks!
Couldn't help but think the same thing haha - people just need to be patient and expect almost all big news to come around E3 or Game Awards time each year.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully we finally get a glimpse of Starfield. Showing Halo MP with a beta following soon after would be cool too.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Windows 11 Baby, let's go!
Haha, that made me laugh. It would be kinda surprising if there ever is a Windows 11, as Microsoft would be walking back on Windows 10 being the final/only version of Windows. Also, the Windows event sounds new. Usually they show off new updates at Build. I wonder if there is something substantial, or they're just taking a different approach with it. I saw rumors of an update called Windows Sun Valley, but it seems to just be UI/UX, and they also have Windows 10X coming for lower powered machines.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
This will be about the platforms Xbox has which is Game Pass, xCloud (expect PC/iOS), etc...
1 new game announcement.
Updates on some third party titles that they already talked about in their Xbox Wire article last month
Release date on Psychonauts 2, Grounded 1.0, and Microsoft Flight Sim for Xbox.
Welcoming Zenimax to Xbox and what it means to have them apart of the Xbox family.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we finally get a glimpse of Starfield. Showing Halo MP with a beta following soon after would be cool too.

I think late Spring/early Summer is a more realistic time frame. Not only is this the traditional e3 window, but the Waypoint articles have been laid out for March and April (but nothing beyond) and the Halo 5 HCS (esports) also go through April with nothing announced after. Seems to be lining up for a MP reveal around May/June with flighting to potentially start shortly after.

OP
OP
CliveLH

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Their big big event is still scheduled for June (E3). So I would expect something more closer to a Nintendo Direct / State of Play.

Probably a bunch of talk about Bethesda, news on xCloud for PC/iOS, some lineup for Game Pass and maybe a new publishing title ?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Glad to see people are keeping expectations reasonable for an even in March
I don't think Starfield is that much of a stretch. This is probably going to be a Bethesda focused event and showing off the crown jewel of that acquisition makes sense. Halo is probably a stretch though, but it'd be cool

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This will be about the platforms Xbox has which is Game Pass, xCloud (expect PC/iOS), etc...
1 new game announcement.
Updates on some third party titles that they already talked about in their Xbox Wire article last month
Welcoming Zenimax to Xbox and what it means to have them apart of the Xbox family.
I think this is more realistic of what it will likely be about.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
1 new game announcement.

This sounds very reasonable.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Starfield is that much of a stretch. This is probably going to be a Bethesda focused event and showing off the crown jewel of that acquisition makes sense. Halo is probably a stretch though, but it'd be cool
You're far more likely to see Starfield in June/E3 timeframe.

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, that made me laugh. It would be kinda surprising if there ever is a Windows 11, as Microsoft would be walking back on Windows 10 being the final/only version of Windows.

They'll happily walk back on that if Windows ever requires a fresh marketing push to fend off some other product.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Haha, that made me laugh. It would be kinda surprising if there ever is a Windows 11, as Microsoft would be walking back on Windows 10 being the final/only version of Windows. Also, the Windows event sounds new. Usually they show off new updates at Build. I wonder if there is something substantial, or they're just taking a different approach with it. I saw rumors of an update called Windows Sun Valley, but it seems to just be UI/UX, and they also have Windows 10X coming for lower powered machines.

Yeah, the Windows event caught me offguard. You usually don't hear much about their operating system, they like to bring out stealth updates out of nowhere haha.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Its not Elden Ring

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
They'll happily walk back on that if Windows ever requires a fresh marketing push to fend off some other product.
It even feels like they're walking away from the two updates a year, with more like a security update in the Spring, and a somewhat bigger update in the Fall, but even then, it feels like Windows Development has been pretty quiet for too long. I can't remember the guys name but someone took over the Windows Team awhile back and apparently they want to make Windows a bigger deal, so I can imagine if they wanted a big marketing push, one day they will make a new standard version of Windows. (Give it a cool name, 11 would be boring :P)
Yeah, the Windows event caught me offguard. You usually don't hear much about their operating system, they like to bring out stealth updates out of nowhere haha.
Glad I am not the only one. I read the news and was like "there's a Windows event...?" haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see what next gen exclusives they have for 2021 or games other than Halo. Seems like Forza of some sort is a lock

Jul 10, 2020
This isn't the event guys.

This will be business focus on games, not games focused for consumer.

The Bethesda announcement will be a blogpost, video, some interviews with Major, Phil and Todd, then some interviews with websites and Bloomberg and stuff.

Let it go.

This ain't it (Master) Chief.