• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Things can change but this is the current planned roadmap for Xbox mid-gen refresh hardware from May 2022 as part of a whoopsie from the FTC documents with files attached. FTC statement that they were not responsible for leak and judge statement that MS provided the link.
OICuY8t.png

bfDJsRL.png

hnsEU38.png

n9ZDuUl.png

wbU3rAH.png

RZNiTDs.png

source
Download PDF and view attachments in something like Adobe Reader and all files will be shown. It will be PX1517.
Credit to LiC for discovering this.

Last edited:

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Wait didn't they say there was no plan for a mod gen refresh? You mean they LIED TO US?!?!?

What a leak if this thing comes to pass.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
An all digital series x with the same power isn't bad necessarily but at the same price? I know it has more storage but no thanks.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Woah.

From box to cylinder.

rip discs if the refresh is like the S and digital only.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Lmao my god this is a massive fuck up damn near all their near term strategy is out there.

Remember MS fiscal years start a year -1
So the controller is coming in May 24 and looks like November 24 for the digital series X.
The ellewood piece seems like a price drop for the new series S but that released at the higher price earlier it seems like.

And yeah looks like they reallllly wanna kill physical on the Xbox platform.

Last edited:

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What the fuck how did this get just dumped in there, this FTC case is the gift that keeps on giving, did their lawyers not check what got uploaded/did the FTC not show them what they'd be uploading?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they adding gyro and voice coil actuators for haptics like the Dualsense.

Also is that a Mac Pro lol?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Damn, thinking on it more, this really is the last gen for physical. Fuck.

At least Sony is still making a detachable disc drive going forward if that rumour is true.

Feb 16, 2022
Was thinking of getting the current Series X if I ever have the money, as currently it's going for cheaper than a digital PS5 where I live. This refresh will certainly make the price drops even more, but then I'd also be tempted by this newer, better version... Damn it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Hmm, an accelerometer on the new controller. Looks like we finally have a Xbox controller with gyro. Hopefully that means more support for it in future games.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
An all digital series x with the same power isn't bad necessarily but at the same price? I know it has more storage but no thanks.
Better wi-fi I guess but yeah. Disappointing.

Controller upgrades are nice though. Particularly quieter buttons and the sticks.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Digital only but larger storage for the same price 5 years later doesnt sound like a great value offering.

Oct 25, 2017
Remove the disk drive, add an extra Tb of storage. I know consumer electronics have trained us to pay a lot for more space but that doesn't seem worth the trade off.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the controller refresh they are doing, the console itself looks ugly, but whatever. Does this mean they will stop selling the regular Series X phasing out the disc drive?

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
Same price and no disc drive? Guess I'm glad I got a Series X already then.

This is the death of physical media on Xbox though if this is true.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I'm all in on haptic feedback for a controller. I love that feature on the ps5.

hopefully that leads to elite 3 with haptic feedback