• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Game is even more trash, hitting is more broke and the penalties to poking are fucking dumb

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to join your session but it kicked me out. Thanks for the invite peeps. See ya.
R4OnL7r.gif

Isnt in the lobby. Doesnt message ANYONE about playing. Doesnt send a join request. Whines about not playing.

2MBVL80.gif

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the new skating engine... anyone with a good handle on controls will destroy in this game. I embarrassed the other team forecheckers really badly when I skated between them, curled around them and evaded them on the boards... you could feel the shame. Can't do that stuff in 18 because of the contact which is good, but the contact makes no sense as I'm never seeming to get any power behind my hits. Maybe it's a perk thing.

I dunno if it was a bug but I played as a two way forward on defense...

Menus are strange as hell. I was looking at the player summary post game, which is now buried and it still time kicked me to the menus.

There were about 30 tripping penalties but ehhh in my mind its a lot better than being able to poke check from behind which was always stupid. In Pro EASHL people will need to be careful and special teams will really separate the clubs.

Puck pickups are quite a bit better but still see the odd animation freakout

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the new skating engine... anyone with a good handle on controls will destroy in this game. I embarrassed the other team forecheckers really badly when I skated between them, curled around them and evaded them on the boards... you could feel the shame. Can't do that stuff in 18 because of the contact which is good, but the contact makes no sense as I'm never seeming to get any power behind my hits. Maybe it's a perk thing
I dont believe a word of this. I also didnt read all of it.

I dunno if it was a bug but I played as a two way forward on defense...
I dont think its a bug. Seems like you can use any template for any position now.

Menus are strange as hell. I was looking at the player summary post game, which is now buried and it still time kicked me to the menus.
The menus are by far my least favorite part of the game. Theyre such an ugly mess. Im pretty sure they went out of their way to make them as terrible as possible.

There were about 30 tripping penalties but ehhh in my mind its a lot better than being able to poke check from behind which was always stupid.
Yeah im glad that most poke checks from behind get called now. That shit was broken in 18.

Puck pickups are quite a bit better but still see the odd animation freakout
Theyre definitely better but still not working as well as they should. I had a few pucks sit there while I skated around it.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
after playing a bunch of games... EASHL is gonna be fun this year as long as they keep it roughly the same as the beta. I'm just so hooked on the movement.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of tweaking the game here and there. They will cater the day 1 patch to accommodate all of the babies that hate the changes and will make the game play exactly like last year's.

The game seems a lot more fun this year, it feels like I can actually play better positionally and make up for bad stupid shit I do because the skating is much more forgiving and easier than trying to control a tank to face the right way.

We need to work on the PP lol. It seems like it's not just us though so that's something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of tweaking the game here and there. They will cater the day 1 patch to accommodate all of the babies that hate the changes and will make the game play exactly like last year's.

The game seems a lot more fun this year, it feels like I can actually play better positionally and make up for bad stupid shit I do because the skating is much more forgiving and easier than trying to control a tank to face the right way.

We need to work on the PP lol. It seems like it's not just us though so that's something.
We just wing it too often. We have no plan most of the time and it shows. Lol

MercySeverity

Oct 25, 2017
Florida (formerly NY)
I agree with most of what everyone has said so far. I only played 2 games, but the skating just feels better. Pokes from behind get called a ton (I took 4 penalties that first game). However, hitting is SO much better this year. I was able to actually step up and hit people while playing RD that first game, I hardly was ever able to do that in 18. I just hope the Day 1 patch doesn't fuck it all up.

PP has been an issue even with the PS4 team, so its not just us. We just need to set up more and have better puck movement (easier said than done lol)

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
If only there was some type of mode where you can maybe play, no..........exercise uhhhhh.................practice! with your EASHL teammates.

They should call it Exercise Play Practice Mode!!!

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
PP has been an issue even with the PS4 team, so its not just us. We just need to set up more and have better puck movement (easier said than done lol)
Nah all we need to do is use exploits to compensate for our lack of skill.

If only there was some type of mode where you can maybe play, no..........exercise uhhhhh.................practice! with your EASHL teammates.

They should call it Exercise Play Practice Mode!!!
This is so ridiculous that I cant even describe how ridiculous of an idea this is. You cant possibly expect EA to use all their development time for the next 7 years to put in a practice mode.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017

Lets hope not.

As for the PP.. need to use the D more.. i think quick passes from the outside will open up opportunities to attack

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Game continues to be a joke in terms of AI, scoring, etc. No matter what mode. It's harder in 18.

m8UfhJ5.jpg

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno wtf happened but im on a streak of 10 games where it's freezing at the beginning of the game

force quitting and forced xbox power off isn't working

i just cannot get into a game, it just locks up... sound keeps working but game is broken

OP
OP
Marvie

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
No go for me tonight. Im in Baltimore at an Orioles game. I'll be on tomorrow though.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017
Im at the cottage and staying here for a few days.. but brought my x1...

Prolly on after 9pm though