• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Despite the hope of this game appearing on the Humble Rockstar Bundle last week, it didn't happen.

In fact the opposite outcome happened today, Midnight Club 2 is no longer for sale on Steam and it's a shame cause while the port does have it's issues, I still enjoy it.

https://steamdb.info/sub/601/history/

collige

Oct 31, 2017
It's a shame there was no warning about it so that people could pick it up at the last moment like other publishers have done.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar has been pretty good about fixing and relisting licensing stuff. Dunno how in depth it is here, but it wouldn't shock me to see it back up in a few months.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Licensing issues I guess?

I really don't know why they won't just secure lifetime deals for these games for preservation purposes. I'm sure Rockstar will come and deal with it but it happens with Olympic related titles all of the time and SEGA do nothing...

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, I think they gave away this one for free a long time ago (3-4 or more years) if you subscribed to their newsletter, so probably lots of people have it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know why they won't just secure lifetime deals for these games for preservation purposes.
doesn't make sense to me either

Why should the license expire? Now nobody's making money off of that game, who does that help?

As the license holder wouldn't you rather have a little trickle of money than nothing? Nothing would stop you from licensing your stuff out for future games as well.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
doesn't make sense to me either

Why should the license expire? Now nobody's making money off of that game, who does that help?

As the license holder wouldn't you rather have a little trickle of money than nothing? Nothing would stop you from licensing your stuff out for future games as well.
Probably, but no one was thinking about perpetual digital distribution 15 years ago when these contracts were being drafted.

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
I think its just because Rockstar gives them away for free on their website. They don't want to charge money for them on one site while not elsewhere.

Or at least they /used/ to offer them for free. Dunno anymore.
They don't ASAIK, honestly this is why GOG should look into releasing those games in the future.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I really don't know why they won't just secure lifetime deals for these games for preservation purposes. I'm sure Rockstar will come and deal with it but it happens with Olympic related titles all of the time and SEGA do nothing...

Because it'd likely be prohibitively more expensive and not worth it just so that you can sell $3 copies of a game 15 years after it came out.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX

Probably because at the time, they didn't realize how big digital distribution would be such a big thing in the future. Or the licensee wanted the rights back at some point so they could gt more money later.

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017
That's sad, it's a great game. Sadly Rockstar doesn't seem to care about the Midnight Club IP at all anymore.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista.

On the game's page. While I imagine the game runs, doesn't seem like they bothered making sure it worked properly on anything after Windows XP or that warning wouldn't be there, so it doesn't look like they will bother sorting whatever licensing issues that may have happened now.

RacerBest

Nov 3, 2017

On the game's page. While I imagine the game runs, doesn't seem like they bothered making sure it worked properly on anything after Windows XP or that warning wouldn't be there, so it doesn't look like they will bother sorting whatever licensing issues that may have happened now.
I played the game on Vista and Windows 10, works perfectly on both.

OP
OP
Pix

Pix

Oct 25, 2017

Damn, so it looks like it may never come back

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit. I got it in my library so hopefully I can still download it like how psn works

where is my MC3:Remix remaster

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
A lot of people must own this game by now. There was a point where Rockstar was giving the game away for free on steam.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay wow. They just straight up deleted removed the game from my library. Can't download it all now. Even PSN lets you download stuff in your download list that's been delisted.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I don't think I had installed, but I'm almost certain it was there before, I remember trying it out several times.

Evil Calvin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
Odd. I was looking to play MC2 on Xbox and looked to see if it was BC. No. Then I looked to see if MC Dub edition was available and BC. No. Then I looked for MC LA. No. I have it on my 360 but it's not BC. So I wonder if they are going to maybe have a collection coming up with the old games. Maybe a new one is coming out. Seems strange that they wouldn't make any of those old ones readily available these days, as they are so much fun.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking "Man I think I'll go get Midnight Club 3 before that's gone too."

Oops. MC3 never came to PC. What the horse shit is that!? My fav racing game of all time.

HOUSE REAL BIG...