• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...ngs-nba-midnight-club-and-surprise-relistings

Seems like Midnight Club Los Angeles has been delisted from Xbox Live this past week, without warning sadly. This means the backwards compatible game is now only playable via disc on Xbox One. There were a few other delistings as well.

I searched for the game on PSN too and it seems the game is absent there as well, but I'm not sure if this has been the case for a longer time then last month.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
wasn't there a "leak" a while ago about a remaster of somesorts of this on PS4/xbone? maybe it's getting delisted to prepare for that or maybe it's just down to the music licenses

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wasn't there a "leak" a while ago about a remaster of somesorts of this on PS4/xbone? maybe it's getting delisted to prepare for that or maybe it's just down to the music licenses
Music license is most likely it. The game came out in October 2008. GTA IV had music removed 10 years after its release too. Same thing happened with Vice City and San Andreas.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if licensing fees had something to do with it

Game had an amazing soundtrack and got me into several bands

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this would've gotten X enhancements so badly. That resolution bump would make it look incredible.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
No seriously, MC:LA is one of the alltime greatest arcade/openworld racers, period.

Game deserves a remaster.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
huh, MC:LA is like one of the best racing games of last gen, easily.

because they want you to buy the remaster instead of this :D

Last gen was trash for arcade racers compared to the PS2 days.

This game right here:

!!e!T+4QCGM~$(KGrHqQOKpEE0WD9-hRvBNP2sdkdh!~~_1.JPG

is the best feeling racing game of all time. Perfect controls, I am surprised it was made by R* who are fumbling hard in that regard now with GTA and RDR.

LA is a shit city for racing compared to like a Tokyo, and the racing controls felt too weighty to be as fun as its predecessor

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
My favourite arcade racer of all time, I really hope the remaster rumours are true and we get a 60fps MCLA.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I met to get it but figured Rockstar would renegotiate the music licenses and patch out the ones it couldn't come to terms with.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I got all the DLC stuff which sucks, hate when this happens with no prior notice.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Example of how to do an open world mission based racer properly. Thank god I have it on disc (though these sometimes do end up getting re listed)