• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This looks absolutely stunning. Been eager to see what Aster would do with this film ever since I first heard about it last year. Looks really promising. I love how psychedelic and colorful the cinematography is compared to most other horror films. Makes it pop out a bit more!

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna need this to end with a shot of some weird faun-type creature that they're praying to.

FloatOn

Jan 24, 2018
Considering that Hereditary is in my top 5 horror movies ever made I'll watch whatever this director makes.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this could be in the same universe as Hereditary.

Considering this seems to be pulling from Germanic paganism whereas Hereditary
pulls from Biblical lore
I'd be interested to see what kind of connection there could be in a shared universe.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit.

Can't wait.

Also, LOVE how they are nailing that swenglish. Swedish actors?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am super intrigued by the pastel, overexposed look compared to what Hereditary looked like. Also glad to see Will Poulter in this, he's been terrific in just about everything I've seen him in.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Looks absolutely fantastic. Just enough of a departure from the stylings of Hereditary while still retaining that ominous feeling I got from that trailer. Hopefully, like Hereditary, there's far more than meets the eye.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really great, I like the really beautiful scenery with the dark tone, it should be a trip.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
It has to be better than Hereditary, surely? I watched The Strange Thing About The Johnsons the other day, was decent.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I didn't like Hereditary too much, even on a rewatch, but I'm gonna be watching Midsommar just for being based on a Swedish tradition.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Oct 28, 2017
California
Hereditary was my second favorite movie last year and this stars Florence Pugh, who was fantastic as Paige in Fighting With My Family, I can't wait!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Women in white dresses.

Red flowers and blood.

Creepy-ass pained groaning at the end?

It's something to do with childbirth, right?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this looks absolutely batty, and as a Swede, this tickles my fancy. HYPED.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely getting some OG Wicker Man vibes from this. Even set at daytime, that was a haunting trailer. I'm in.

Oct 29, 2017
Being in Sweden would explain all the white people I guess, I kept thinking it would be some white supremacist pagan cult lol

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Was there even a single shot at night? The last horror film I saw that was set completely during the day was Samurai Cop.

That's the thing with midsommar in Sweden. Depending on where in the country you are, you generally only get a few hours of nighttime. If you go to the north of the country, the sun basically doesn't set at all.

It's wonderful!

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Looks glorious!! Day one! Trailer is creepy as shit, some really great shots and imagery going on in this. every shot looking bright and sunny too, just totally goes against the norm. Love that kinda stuff. Will Poulter is in this too!! Gonna be so fucking good.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Fuuuuuck. I'm in. Watched Hereditary last weekend and loved it despite being totally freaked out by it.

Fantastic trailer. Loved the mix of music and images.

Hideaki Annoying

alt account
Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Chicago
I absolutely hated his short film, but found Hereditary just fine. Toni Collette and Alex Wolff did great but the movie seemed like 'It Follows' or an Americanized take on Euro-horror. This does look interesting, so I'll check it out.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't need to watch this. I'm already sold. Unfortunately, I've been subjected to the trailer to Us innumerous times, which I'm sure spoils at least the first 20 minutes of the film. Not a fan of watching "set up" when I know what a film is setting up to be.