• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Twitter's compression is fucking horrible, wow. It really just destroys videos.

Animations look good, though. This will probably be the first game I play on PS5.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess that first image in the Insomniac tweet will be for loading in the PS4 version.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but what's with Miles constantly releasing and falling backwards lol

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played the PS4 game, but can you control how your body is oriented during a swing? Like is the player making Miles be upside down every time or is that something that's just part of his animation?

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
Still looks alittle funky when he gets too close to the ground from falling before initiating the webswing, but there probably isn't anything that can be done about that. This or Demon's Souls is going to be a tough choice.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The way he falls down is so weird, why is he falling like that!? He keeps turning around every swing only to turn around again afterwards for the fall.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like his awkward fumble between the swings, but I kinda feel the back oriented dive after every swing just kinda looks weird? It doesn't even make much sense in a "he's inexperienced" kind of way since the dive feels very deliberate. It looks great as an occasional thing for jumping off rooftops but it looks really inorganic otherwise.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, so it's with every PS4 copy? I can even buy the extra edition with OG Spiderman and they'll both be PS5 playable with disc?
There's no ultimate edition on PS4 though. If you want OG Spider-Man with this, you need to buy the PS5 Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales.

(well, there's an upgrade path from standard edition PS4 -> standard edition PS5 -> Ultimate Edition PS5, as explained here: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/30/marvels-spider-man-remastered-detailed/)
The PS4 version of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales offers a free upgrade path to PS5 Standard Edition. And if you purchase or upgrade to the PS5 Standard Edition, you can take advantage of a paid-upgrade offer from the in-game menu to download Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered**.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I can't wait for this, but him falling into the same upside down pose everytime feels a bit forced and inorganic, as opposed to Peter's swinging.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I like his awkward fumble between the swings, but I kinda feel the back oriented dive after every swing just kinda looks weird? It doesn't even make much sense in a "he's inexperienced" kind of way since the dive feels very deliberate. It looks great as an occasional thing for jumping off rooftops but it looks really inorganic otherwise.
Was my thought too but I'm sure there's enough variance to balance out across traversal.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
It looks cool (and also makes me dizzy if I focus too much on his movements) but I'm not sure it really makes any sense. Just swing normally dude, especially if you're not great at it in the first place.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
This, Astrobot and Souls on Launch Day.
Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs, Godfall and Sackboy the week after. Going to be a gooood holiday.