• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Best reveal trailer.

Why she was chosen: Sakurai asked ARMS Producer Kosuke Yabuki who he wanted, as he said "I want Min Min." Sakurai was originally considering Ninjara.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like her and all, but man, how incredibly disappointing.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Another L for black representation in Smash. Pretty disappointed by this when they had an extremely popular character they could've gone with.

Edit: Changed this to be specifically about black representation.

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Garbage. A real opportunity for diversification -- one of the only opportunities among Nintendo's brands for a black woman specifically -- totally squandered.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Stopped watching once it was revealed to be Min Min. Not happy at all. Hoping to see the next character soon but for now I'll hold off on purchasing Fighter's Pass 2 since so far it's a pass.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I desperately wanted Spring Man, but this is fucking rad she looks incredibly fun and this whole showcase just shows how amazing Arms is!

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I was hoping it would be a koopa kids situation where they had multiple ARMs fighters as skins and could then just take various character specific traits and combine them into one moveset.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
God damn it.

Once again they refuse to put POC representation. Twintelle was an awesome popular character as well and yet they didn't add her...

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm glad they went with Min Min over Spring Man or another male character, but yeah, pretty disappointed it wasn't Twintelle.

Still holding back on getting the DLC pass until I see more of the characters.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another L for minority representation in Smash. Pretty disappointed by this when they had an extremely popular character they could've gone with.

Minority = Asian
Extremely popular = Min Min tops popularity polls

Sorry but everything checks out in your criteria.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
They shouldn't have done an announcement of an announcement for this considering it was mad obvious

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is the most disappointing reveal ever for me. Now the possibility of a poc character being added is near 0

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Another L for minority representation in Smash. Pretty disappointed by this when they had an extremely popular character they could've gone with.

Apparently asian people are not minorities?

I mean hell this is the first primary female DLC character we've gotten. What the hell is wrong with you people?