Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
I just found this out today, and my mind is blown. It took me 70+ lives to get past this level the traditional way.

Crash Bandicoot PS4
giphy.gif

Rope Walk on Road to Nowhere

I just tried this method, and got past the level in 2 attempts. What the hell. The crazy thing is it makes sense! Thanks BrickArts295

If you share, could you add the game title and level/boss?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
In Metroid Prime (only the original version) due to a glitch, you could power bomb the omega pirate to destroy his 4 phazon plates, including right at the start.

You could also boost ball into meta ridley to take out like 90% of his health.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hide behind a rock and watch either of the two Borderlands final bosses fail to attack you.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Using Phoenix Downs on undeads in Final Fantasy games is the thing that always comes to mind for me. Simple, yet it's not always the 1st thing you think of.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
In Metroid Prime (only the original version) due to a glitch, you could power bomb the omega pirate to destroy his 4 phazon plates, including right at the start.

My trick for Meta Ridley was to use the charge/missle combo ability for the Wave Beam. It seeked out his weak point and drained all of his health.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Killing Draygon by getting grabbed and using the grapple beam on the electric pads on the sides of the area in Super Metroid.

Common knowledge now, but still cool.

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Capra Demon in dark souls. He's a beast but if you can kill his dogs he's alot more manageable. Walk him up the steps jump off, he follows, attack him while he's in the recovery animation.

In hindsight it's so simple but if you didn't know the strategy he's the worst lol.

Last edited:

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
In Devil May Cry, you can defeat the Phantom Spider boss by directing his stomp attack at the glass panel in the center. Every few stomps, he'll fall to his death without you needing to land a hit on him.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Capra Demon in dark souls. He's a beast but if you can kill his dogs he's alot more manageable. Walk him up the steps jump off, he follows, run back up the steps and jump attack on top of him.

In hindsight it's so simple but if you didn't know the strategy he's the worst lol.
How is this mindblowing? lol

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In Killzone 2 you can defeat Radec easily by using a flamethrower. Just spread fire on him once then he'll teleport but will still be on fire. He'll keep teleporting and burning until he dies.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting out The End in Snake Eater

Tarkus fighting the Golem in Dark Souls

Going into that Silent Hill boss fight with no ammo

Not the most mindblowing anymore but this was definitely one of the most well-known back in the day
64A4EF76539F6451E85DE8AEB34B939444B7E3AC

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If the player had moved an inch forward it would have triggered a cutscene with Kamek coming in to make the Piranha plant grow and lead into a extended boss fight. The player bypassed that by killing it before that happened and it was actually accounted for by the developers.

Normally when you enter that room, Kamek will come in and power up that enemy into a boss. But it's possible to kill the enemy in advance if you stay on the leftmost side of the room to avoid triggering the cutscene.

Very cool, thank you.

OP
OP
Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, there are some amazing things you can do in Mario Odyssey.

Second to last boss in Mario Odyssey spoilers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/7c5q62/wr_super_mario_odyssey_any_in_10917_by_vallu111/

Go to 2 hours, 50 minutes since my linking skills suck today.

Though Vallu's whole world record run has great stuff in it.

Oh my god. Watching this guy play makes my play through look slow and bad. Jesus.

I played two player with my daugther from start to finish, but the whole throw cap and dive forward.

I'm getting old.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
big_1491211817_image.jpg

Let Tarkus get rid of Iron Golem for yer

This is the GOAT because you would never expect an npc to have a chance of completely one-shoting the boss.

One that's sometimes missed by new players is the easy way to beat Ceaseless Discharge. As soon as he gets aggro'd and the boss fight begins, just run back to the entrance and he will jump after you, hanging on for dear life on a cliff face; whack at his arm a few times and he'll fall to his death.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina

You can bounce in the air and use a power bomb to do the same thing on the Wii version.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
In Super Metroid you can grapple the electrical circuits against Draygon and destroy him in a few seconds.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's a little more cheesy than mindblowing but I like that in FFX Yojimbo's instakill attack works on bosses as well. Literally pay 2 win. (Yojimbo is a summon and you can't really control which attack he does, to get him to attack you have to pay him money. The more you pay him the likelier it is that he uses one of his better attacks, with his best being an instant kill attack.)