• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Andrew Dominik directing and Fincher returning? oof i'm not ready

more serial killers please. I would love at least two extended recreations like what zodiac did.

access tv

Oct 25, 2017
Met someone involved with the production of season two this month. Been running into them pretty regularly and they are very. . . coy about David and season three :)

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Finished watching this today, and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.

I like some things about this show, there's some solid acting (the actor who plays Bill Tench is really great, I was waiting for him to light up a smoke every time he appeared on screen lol), I like the presentation and the idea behind the show but at the same time it feels like it has weird pacing problems where not a lot of stuff is happening for the first couple of episodes.
Holden is way too soft spoken to the point it becomes annoying. He doesn't have any chemistry with his girlfriend on the show either, and I didn't like how they handled them getting back together after she cheated on him (basically showing us nothing) only for them to break up at the end.

It also feels like too many things remained unsolved at the end of show.
What's with the would be serial killer that's featured throughout the show but never actually does anything? I don't think it was clear at all what him burning those images at the end was supposed to mean, is he abandoning that idea because of the news about the unit solving that case? What about the tuna the professor was placing every night? It sure felt like something was going to happen with that, but nothing did happen.

Also, that ending scene with Holden collapsing was weird for me.
I get it.. his girl broke up with him, he's having problem at work and a serial killer just threatened to murder him, but it just didn't feel right...

Like I said tho, I still liked some things about the show and I'm hoping they do better in season 2

Oct 30, 2017
Love this show so much. Tench is the man. Fischer can do no wrong in my eyes. Give me a Fincher Batman film with tons of detective procedural stuff and disturbing villains and I'll die happy.

Oct 25, 2017
I also thought this was a bump for news, haha. Been thinking about this show lately. As someone who has been trained by FBI profilers, I usually have a hard time with shows about profiling, and I really dislike John Douglas (the person Holden Ford's character is based on and who wrote the book Mindhunter.) So I was quite surprised by how much I loved this show. I think they portray profiling and, honestly, the people who do it for a living, in a realistic light. I was a bit surprised by how much Ed Kemper featured in the first season as well, and his actor must have watched videos of Kemper speaking because the resemblance is uncanny. A really excellently acted and directed show.

Jonathan Groff surprised me as Holden Ford. I love Jonathan Groff but I hate Holden Ford. He's insufferable. Tench is awesome, though.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw it recently, really good show, I'm a fan of this kind of thrillers. I'm really excited to see where they go towards season 2, because the paraller between Holden and the serial killers is really interesting.

The acting, except from the girlfriend which was horrrible, was super good (especially the man that plays Ed Kemper, he's incredible)

Oct 27, 2017
Watched this last month, and I enjoyed it alright. I really liked the subject matter, but aside from Tench I didn't care for the characters, especially the girlfriend. Looking forward to next season.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the earliest we could get Season 2 is June, but the fall and October seem most likely. A 2 year wait between seasons is kind of bullshit. I wish Netflix dropped the whole binge a season and atleast released a cluster of episodes on a monthly basis.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
David Fincher directing season premiere and finale... ok I'll give this long ass wait a pass.

Ryder9

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2018
Finally, been 2 years since season 1

one of the best shows on tv right now

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
So right after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood releases. I figured that they might time S2's release to capitalize on the hype around that movie, given the Manson casting in both.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished season 1. Surprised this show seems to have little hype and almost no awards love, it was amazing.

I hope Holden's gf doesn't return, their relationship was really weird.

Also Anna Torv's character needs more to do. It's refreshing that she's a lesbian and that's that, except it actually would be interesting to explore that side of her more within the time period and workplace. Also, her entire personal story is that she feeds a cat, and...? That's it? I have no idea what the purpose of that story was.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's definitely one of the most overlooked shows on Netflix.

S2 can't come fast enough

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished season 1. Surprised this show seems to have little hype and almost no awards love, it was amazing.

I hope Holden's gf doesn't return, their relationship was really weird.

Also Anna Torv's character needs more to do. It's refreshing that she's a lesbian and that's that, except it actually would be interesting to explore that side of her more within the time period and workplace. Also, her entire personal story is that she feeds a cat, and...? That's it? I have no idea what the purpose of that story was.

I think it was mostly an attachment she had and it's gone now.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I think it was mostly an attachment she had (or built) and it's gone now.

Just read an article and Fincher said it was supposed to show that there may be a boy in the building going around killing animals. I actually was pretty tense during those scenes, especially the first one when she's only wearing a shirt in a creepy laundromat basement.

Oct 26, 2017

Torv thought it meant this:

"I always take things a little too [introspectively], so when I first read it in the script I was like, 'Oh my God, wow, this is actually interesting.' I thought, 'This little kitten is representative of all these faceless [victims] and we only notice the ones that are dead because they have families that are looking for them. And then here's this little abandoned cat that no one is going to care about. And if that was a person, it'd be the same thing.' That's what I first thought when I read it, but that's just because I'm crazy," Torv adds with a hearty laugh. "I was making it so deep when probably she's just, you know, feeding a cat."

But:

The actress later ran her theory by Mindhunter exec producer David Fincher, who quickly informed her, 'Oh… no, that's not it,'" she guffaws. Fincher then explained to her that the cryptic series of scenes were, at least in part, suggesting to the audience that perhaps "there was a kid in the building who's going around killing cats. And it's a birth of a new sociopath that we don't quite know about. Because that's how it starts — with [inflicting harm on] animals."

http://collider.com/mindhunter-cat-explained-anna-torv/#david-fincher

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I'm on Episode 9 right now. Been really enjoying it. The main character is quite unlike any I have seen on a TV show.