• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
In an interview with The Treatment David Fincher announced that the new season will release on the 16th August.

QtdV.gif

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
In an interview with The Treatment David Fincher announced that the new season will release on the 16th August.

Damn. That's a really unfortunate timing, as my girlfriend will be away for nine days starting from 16.8. It means I'll have to try to avoid spoilers from those who binge-watch it through immediately, and can't withhold from ruining it for others by posting details about it online. I wish it (and everything else) would be released at episode per week pace. I loved how it went like that with Game of Thrones, Star Trek: Discovery, and Big Little Lies.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Dark Crystal Age of Resistance and Mindhunter in the same month? Netflix really wants me to feel bad for mooching off my parents' account don't they.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like ages between Mindhunter S1 and S2. But when I look at Wikipedia it's actually only about a month longer than the break between Stranger Things S2 and S3, which didn't feel all that long. Huh.

suaveric

Nov 9, 2017
Did they really need 8 months of post production on the show? That seems like such a long time for something with little to no CG.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
From what I have heard the Atlanta Child Murders will be in season two. I wonder if the show will glorify the FBI or show the racism that the FBI exhibited.

Oct 25, 2017
According to Fincher, "Mindhunter" Season 2 will involve behavioral analysis as it makes its way to the front lines of police work. The Atlanta Child Murders, a series of killings that took place between 1979 and 1981 and left 28 African-American children, teenagers, and adults dead, is the driving narrative in the new season.
The newness of this investigative work confined it to the literal basement, but in "Mindhunter" Season 2 the interest in serial killers has exploded onto a national scale. What was once stuck in the basement is now driving everyday conversations, which naturally has an effect on the FBI agents.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Dear White People season 3, Glow season 3, and this all in August? Yes please.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The show is fantastic, the ending of S1 is definitely one for the ages and something I didn't expect. Can't wait for S2!

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Fincher is so fucking anal about this stuff.

I love it even tho behind the scenes it must drive people bonkers. Can't wait for Season 2.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and Mindhunter in the same month babyyyy

(probably a small fan overlap heh)

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've always wondered how involved Fincher is in these shows compared to his movies. I know he directed 4 episodes last season and is Exec Producing, but I was under the impression that Exec Producing wasn't as involved in a production. The CGI video posted above is just like his movie ones, and it does seem like the whole thing feels like his baby, but who knows.

•79•

Banned
Sep 22, 2018
South West London, UK
I've always wondered how involved Fincher is in these shows compared to his movies. I know he directed 4 episodes last season and is Exec Producing, but I was under the impression that Exec Producing wasn't as involved in a production. The CGI video posted above is just like his movie ones, and it does seem like the whole thing feels like his baby, but who knows.
It depends on the individual executive producer, he is involved in the development and writing (Sorkin described him as a script editor on The Social Network).

I believe he formed the style guide for the other directors to use. Practical lighting, little to no handheld camera no steady cam etc.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
So excited by this. My fiance was so not into watching it, but we both got hooked after episode 1 and binged the whole thing.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It depends on the individual executive producer, he is involved in the development and writing (Sorkin described him as a script editor on The Social Network).

I believe he formed the style guide for the other directors to use. Practical lighting, little to no handheld camera no steady cam etc.

Collider wrote an article about this : http://collider.com/mindhunter-david-fincher-showrunner/

In essence, he took over when the show moved from HBO to Netflix, and decided to run the Writer's room from that point on (as the original writer couldn't)

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

With a director like Fincher he is often time infusing his people into the whole production. For eample:

Tyler Nelson edited 4 of the episodes that Fincher did not direct but was on the editorial crew for many of Fincher's previous films.

and Erik Messerschmidt who DPd a lot of season 1 was a Fincher veteran gaffer from previous films.

It looks like he uses TV series as a way to promote up people who have worked with him on previous films. So they are veterans of his workflow and style and even when he is not directing you are going to feel Fincher's hands on the work because of this.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
First season was amazing.... but i can't remember anything about how it ended.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I'd just like to echo some commendment and excitement for the show. I find S1 sort of terrific. I don't believe it's really underrated or overrated... but it may be a little underappreciated and misunderstood.

I hope it stays consistent / doesn't go the way of HoC.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I had no idea this existed and my brother recommended it to me a couple of weeks ago. I binged this puppy in 3 days, goddamn.
I feel dread knowing that the series isn't complete and I need to wait years to finish it.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Best series to come out of netflix brah

You will be sad to hear that it will likely be 3+ years until season 3 going by how insanely slow Fincher is at developing projects and hes now working on a film as well

Benefit is that we get such well directed episodes but i wish his process was a bit faster :(

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Best series to come out of netflix brah

You will be sad to hear that it will likely be 3+ years until season 3 going by how insanely slow Fincher is at developing projects and hes now working on a film as well

Benefit is that we get such well directed episodes but i wish his process was a bit faster :(
show is great but so frustrating, how each season ended on such a huge cliffhanger.

Deafmitchell

Nov 7, 2019
Quality of the entire show is so hit and miss all the interviews in season 1 are amazing and the rest is bad. Season 2 is good except for Charlie Manson which just is so wrong

Overall wouldn't recommend the show. Isn't worth the investment unless you already know about the stories behind the crimes