• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, I don't need to see this. In a few days I can start watching the show. :)

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

10052.jpg

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they're tackling the Atlanta child murders that all got pinned on Wayne Williams. I'm definitely curious to see how the show resolves this.

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
Do I need to watch season 1 beforehand or is this standalone like Fargo?

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Is it known if Fincher is returning to direct any episodes?

Edit: Found something that said he's directing a couple of episodes.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
So they're tackling the Atlanta child murders that all got pinned on Wayne Williams. I'm definitely curious to see how the show resolves this.

Douglas (the inspiration for the show) has been pretty vocal about the fact only most* of the murders were Williams' doing. And my impression is he's given a few winks and nods that white supremacists being covered for by the local PD did some of the rest... hopefully they will introduce some of that.

EDIT: Not most, about a third.

Last edited:

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished rewatching this. Such a great show with some amazing performances. It feels like nobody knows it exists, though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Douglas (the inspiration for the show) has been pretty vocal about the fact only most of the murders were Williams' doing. And my impression is he's given a few winks and nods that white supremacists being covered for by the local PD did some of the rest... hopefully they will introduce some of that.
Most?

"Former FBI profiler John E. Douglas wrote in his book Mindhunter that, in his opinion, "forensic and behavioral evidence points conclusively to Wayne Williams as the killer of eleven young men in Atlanta." He added, however, that he believed there was "no strong evidence linking him to all or even MOST of the deaths and disappearances of children in that city between 1979 and 1981"

Oct 27, 2017
I just rewatched it last week in preparation. I was surprised how much I remembered.

Dunno if Mindhunter season 2 can beat Dark season 2 but I bet it will be up there.

No way this gets cancelled.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
Most?

"Former FBI profiler John E. Douglas wrote in his book Mindhunter that, in his opinion, "forensic and behavioral evidence points conclusively to Wayne Williams as the killer of eleven young men in Atlanta." He added, however, that he believed there was "no strong evidence linking him to all or even MOST of the deaths and disappearances of children in that city between 1979 and 1981"

I should've checked my numbers! For some reason I had 15 in my head. I'll edit my post.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is that bald guy the one who played September in Fringe? Funny to see 2 actors from that tv show back in Mindhunter.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
August 16??? Holy cow! Outta nowhere (for me at least). I'll just wait and go in blind at this point.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait. This is going to be fantastic.

Might work in a S1 rewatch if I find the time.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Wow didn't know the actor playing Manson in this would be the same guy who played him in OUTIH. Wonder if he feels a little bit weird getting casted twice to play Manson.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot fucking wait. That scene from the final episode of season 1 made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up like nothing else, tense as fuck.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Been rewatching this with the Gf in anticipation for season 2 and I'd forgotten what an arrogant prick Holden is throughout. The first case that guy brings to them and they're just making shit up on the spot made my blood boil.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Literally just finished S1 right now.

Goddang

I don't know if i'm ready for this yet. I think I need it to gestate it for a bit
whew

I've been camping on the S2 teaser and trailer and after that ending of S1...i'm very glad i didn't give in and watch teaser and trailers beforehand.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished my rewatch of Season 1. No one does crime as well as Fincher. The next five days are going to be excruciating.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just started reading Helter Skelter and I watched S1 last month, I'm excited for this. I've just embraced the fact I'm a complete mark for true crime/serial killer shit. I'll be a cliche, just hit me with that good good crime non-fiction.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
This is one of those shows that I always feel is a ticking time bomb for when Netflix pulls the plug. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but if the OA wasn't safe what guarantee this will survive long enough to have a decent ending?

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Will not watch the trailer but I sure am hyped. It has been my most anticipated new tv show season for a while. First season was phenomenal, hope the second lives up to it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those shows that I always feel is a ticking time bomb for when Netflix pulls the plug. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but if the OA wasn't safe what guarantee this will survive long enough to have a decent ending?
This is a major prestige show for them, Fincher produced House of Cards before this so it's a bridge they probably aren't going to burn.

Oct 25, 2017
Fincher directed the first three episodes.
With its first three episodes – all of which are directed by David Fincher – Mindhunter season 2 immediately establishes itself as the best looking show on Netflix. There's nothing on the streaming service – or indeed, TV in general – that looks quite as cinematic. Fincher's controlled camera movements – always precise, always constructed to draw our eye along with the action – yield breath-taking results. Here is a series where most of the time is spent with characters sitting around talking, and yet Fincher finds was to keep things exciting.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I completely missed that this was hitting tomorrow, not even gonna watch the teaser at this point XD.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
when do Netflix shows usually go up? 12am PST? this is the first season of a Netflix show I want to binge the first chance I get.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Netflix actually cares about Mindhunter, they had a press event for season 2. The OA seems like one of those shows that has more active social media presence than actual viewers.
Anecdotal evidence but yesterday was the first time I had someone mention the OA to me.
Mindhunter is premium TV content, they will probably make it as long as Fincher wants it and he probably has a well defined plan for how long it will last.

when do Netflix shows usually go up? 12am PST? this is the first season of a Netflix show I want to binge the first chance I get.

Yeah, that's the time it goes live worldwide.