• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft_Core-Logo.png

Wiki:
https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Reddit
General subreddit:
https://reddit.com/r/Minecraft
Builds subreddit (I prefer this one):
https://reddit.com/r/Minecraftbuilds
Detail subreddit (has a lot of good interior design stuff):
https://reddit.com/r/DetailCraft

Chunkbase Seed Map - great for scouting out seeds or specific things in your world
www.chunkbase.com

Seed Map - Minecraft App

An online map viewer that helps you find new Minecraft seeds and locate biomes, structures, slime chunks and other features in your current world.

YouTube + Playlists
Hermitcraft - Survival Multiplayer Server of various Minecraft youtubers
GeminiTayMC - Tutorials playlist
GoodTimesWithScar - Survival building/let's play playlist
FolliYt - How to Build playlist
Pixlriffs - Survival Guide playlist
Grian - Build School playlist

Instagram accounts
disruptive_builds
iampixelyt
shera_nom
cryptic.builds
rale_design
link_labs
minecraft.luki7

Latest Major Version - Caves & Cliffs pt 1

Caves and Cliffs Update

Discover part 1 of the Minecraft Caves and Cliffs update! Explore a lively and unpredictable Overworld, meet mobs, make friends and more with Caves and Cliffs.

Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
ResetEra Realm: Join the above Discord and ask for an invite. If the link doesn't work, let us know :)

Last edited:

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Did not expect to be first in, but hello, Block Friends :) Can't wait to hop into the Realm with y'all

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My Beacon at Iron Island is now fully complete! Haste 2 feels so nice.

Also, Bob's Tree by the Sea is impressive as hell! I really like it. Well done.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Took some pictures of the current Maps. Here is the Zoomed In. I also added in Bob's Tree portion too to it today.

Screenshot_20171025-163111.png

Trying to find that Mesa & Jungle Biomes.. No luck so far. I searched the South Spawn map yesterday.

Screenshot_20171025-163413.png

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be on again tomorrow to join the hunt. Or just to fill out some of the maps we already have for the scaled-out map room.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Grinded to get to The End boss. I died on my first run, which ended in me being hit off the map. The boss is not taking any damage (I have a 4 power 4, infinity enchanted bow) and has no health bar. Is this a new glitch in the latest update? Before when I played it, the crystals didn't respawn and the boss had a health bar. Save quit from the game, because I didn't have a chance to pick up all the previous stuff dropped and I am about to die again (without being able to kill it).

Edit: I went back into the game and it has a health bar now. Ended up dying from a fall, but was able to beat it on my 3rd attempt. Not too bad. Learned a few lessons: boss can fly through anything, don't tunnel into the obsidian towers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Grinded to get to The End boss. I died on my first run, which ended in me being hit off the map. The boss is not taking any damage (I have a 4 power 4, infinity enchanted bow) and has no health bar. Is this a new glitch in the latest update? Before when I played it, the crystals didn't respawn and the boss had a health bar. Save quit from the game, because I didn't have a chance to pick up all the previous stuff dropped and I am about to die again (without being able to kill it).

Edit: I went back into the game and it has a health bar now. Ended up dying from a fall, but was able to beat it on my 3rd attempt. Not too bad. Learned a few lessons: boss can fly through anything, don't tunnel into the obsidian towers.

I know in the console versions there was sometimes a glitch where the dragon would be invulnerable and so you had to reload the End. Probably affected you.

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
Played some Minecraft in VR and I must say it is a really awesome experience. Definitely the best way to play it.
Flying around and falling gives me the same gut twist feeling I have when dreaming :P

Sadly I get really motion sickness dizzy from moving around... but it's totally worth it because of how awesome the experience is.

Hello guys, this is a long time minecraft player who was quite mod obsessed, I'm trying to go full circle and play some pure, pure vanilla on my phone.

Any tips, builds, and guidance for mod junkie to survive in vanilla?

Oct 25, 2017
Hello guys, this is a long time minecraft player who was quite mod obsessed, I'm trying to go full circle and play some pure, pure vanilla on my phone.

Any tips, builds, and guidance for mod junkie to survive in vanilla?

If you want to get quite technical you still can without mods (automating most farms, food, precious metals, etc.)

Depending on how long since you've been playing vanilla survival, it's gotten a bit harder (there are new mobs that hit you with negative status effects and/or don't despawn in the day, skellies are a much bigger threat, pathfinding seems improved) so be wary, and work on a shield to block projectiles.

If you want to get quite technical you still can without mods (automating most farms, food, precious metals, etc.)

Depending on how long since you've been playing vanilla survival, it's gotten a bit harder (there are new mobs that hit you with negative status effects and/or don't despawn in the day, skellies are a much bigger threat, pathfinding seems improved) so be wary, and work on a shield to block projectiles.

Hah ha, yes! I watch some of those tutorials, but there's always a nagging part of me that says "That hopper chain would be a lot easier with Hopper ducts, and as long as I got mods I wouldn't mind Project Red" and then it spirals out of control.

If anything, the Xbox achievements system will be the only thing that holds me to the Bedrock engine. And the portability, I suppose.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely wish Minecraft added a bit more end-game contraptions (an alchemy like XP system to convert XP and unwanted materials into better stuff is up there on my wishlist) but then again a mod is always going to go way further than the base game can or should go.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I just wanted to check if I'm doing something wrong. When signing into the windows 10 version is there a way to use my Mojang account name instead of the Xbox Live name? My name isn't available on Xlive and would rather not have to change it.

Oct 25, 2017
Not to my knowledge, unfortunately. You can change your XBL tag once for free, IIRC. If you want your exact name only hope is the person using it stops playing and it gets released back into the wild in a few years :\

masud

Oct 31, 2017
My first resetera post! Glad to be back after being perma banned from gaf months ago. Gonna try to get back on the realm once I upgrade my pc to windows 10 or the switch update comes out.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been busy at Iron Island these last 2 weeks. Mainly doing simple works since I've been away and using iPad with not always stable internet. Found a Mending Villager though! Placed it in the church at Iron Island.

I also did some maintenance in the Nether and hooked up The End to the Town portal. Added in a rail system for it to make it easier. Also added in a new Nether Portal to the Iron Farm that makes it a little easier to get to then using the Town Portal.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I like the "Better Together" version to be honest.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll only be playing the W10 version from now on. There are still a few things missing from the Java version, but it just runs soooo much better, and I absolutely LOVE the better performance and draw distance. It's especially noticeable on the ERA realm, multiplayer performance is greatly improved over the Java multiplayer. I've loaded up my Java version a few times to compare them directly, and yeah I can't go back anymore. I've even started myself a brand new singleplayer world and abandoned all of my old worlds in the Java client.

Yep, it's the W10 version for me from now on.

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that I'll only be playing the W10 version from now on. There are still a few things missing from the Java version, but it just runs soooo much better, and I absolutely LOVE the better performance and draw distance. It's especially noticeable on the ERA realm, multiplayer performance is greatly improved over the Java multiplayer. I've loaded up my Java version a few times to compare them directly, and yeah I can't go back anymore. I've even started myself a brand new singleplayer world and abandoned all of my old worlds in the Java client.

Yep, it's the W10 version for me from now on.
In the recent patch notes I think they mentioned something about water flow, is that fixed for you now?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
In the recent patch notes I think they mentioned something about water flow, is that fixed for you now?

Yep, the water and lava flow is working now, in fact I like the effects better than the Java versions.

Things still missing are shields and some of the upgraded combat mechanics.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
Which version is easiest to play with strangers? I currently have the nintendo switch minecraft and don't have that many friends.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Does anyone know how long it takes the new Xbox One version to unlock after you completed the 5 hours playtime or DLC buy in the normal version? I'm waiting for 2 days now. :/

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I modified the nether side of the Gold Farm and designed a room for all the loot that comes from the zombie pigmen to sort into different chests as well as allow for optional xp farm. XP farm is slower then the Skele Farm, but if you AFK in overworld at Iron Island for like an hour, you can go from like lv 0 to lv 20 instantly. Got up to lv 38 yesterday (i built this less then 2 days ago). It's def going to be more useful for me then others, since I'm constantly at iron island or just randomly AFKing during the work day. The amount of gold I get now (thanks to Looting 3 sword) is ridiculous. Just yesterday alone I gained like 15 gold blocks.

KiZp.png

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did some searching around, but it doesn't look like shaders are possible with the Win10 version? Not sure I can go back to vanilla MC after years of using SEUS.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So... Last night we had our first jerk on the server. Someone came by and destroyed my Beacon as well as destroyed a bunch of my chests there, losing those items. Destroyed the melon plants but left the pumpkin plants alone. Removed about 15 gold blocks. Let lava flow into new areas...

Given the damage was kinda small, outside of the beacon, and random lines/rows destroyed. I'm thinking wasn't a griefer, but just a jerk. Likely some dumb kid got on and did this. If anyone happens to know anything on this, please let me know. Want to know which asshole did this.

Currently, outside the beacon, everything has been restored.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
Well, update on Wyndaria Hills

All hills now have a cobblestone lip for spider security. They ain't climbing up. Main road connects to my northern road which is that large center bridge. Nether Portal Building is also relatively new and is seen on the right.

Main hill almost complete. Just need to do some landscaping on that left patch of green and the hill is done. The other hills still need a ton of landscaping but thats not too hard either. Can also see some of the newer canal work too.
Eventually will get a rail link to spawn. Suffice to say, given the amount of effort i put on security, it's probably one of the safest areas on the realm too lol.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So... Last night we had our first jerk on the server.

By the way, could you maybe link the server and write something about it in the OT? There is absolute nothing in this thread on information if I want to join (when they finally unlocked my free One version....) it's still everything on Gaf.

Maybe you should delete it there, it's basically where the troll was coming from.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I modified the OT. Anyone else that wants in the Realm, join our Discord and ask. :)

Also, we went after the Wither last night, the 3 of us (me, Fuchsdh & sciz). The Wither absolutely destroyed the desert. Big ass hole canyon now there. lol. But got a new beacon.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Moral of the story: Don't spawn withers underground.

Didn't kill me this time, though, so I'm pretty happy about that.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Wanted to show off my current base:

The Inside of the House
Wanted something small, comfy, and compact this time. I think I did a pretty good job!

2017111411084300-773fa2ss5.jpg

2017111411092300-773f7wss4.jpg

2017111411093700-773fpjsiu.jpg

—————————————————————
—————————————————————

The Outside
I got tired of the same old square wall in a plain thing, so wanted to find somewhere harder to live. I liked the place along the river and surrounded by hills and Tiaga. Have roads heading towards the mines across the river and have started building one to the Ocean Monument to the SW. I need to start finding more food. Only have 2 pork chops left.​

2017111411100100-773f6wsak.jpg

2017111411103400-773fzrsr4.jpg

2017111411100800-773f1ss4u.jpg

2017111411101400-773fcfs2y.jpg

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Moral of the story: Don't spawn withers underground.

Didn't kill me this time, though, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Is there not a "quick kill" location set up in the nether, or did you all just want to do it legit? I've never actually done it legit so props for taking on the challenge.

I haven't played in a while, been caught up playing Shadow of War and I also don't have windows 10 at work yet. Hopefully I can find time to get back on. I think the last things I did were getting some sweet enchantments on my gear so I have yet to make good use of them.