• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone playing this game for the first time (I'm doing this on PS5, might get it on PC later) should I do creative mode or survival mode? Is creative mode just when you have unlimited supplies and there aren't enemies?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
As someone playing this game for the first time (I'm doing this on PS5, might get it on PC later) should I do creative mode or survival mode? Is creative mode just when you have unlimited supplies and there aren't enemies?

You can turn off enemies in any of the modes but I wouldn't recommend it for survival as you can use mob drops and they drop exp.

Creative is basically just that, free use of every block in the game. You got flying as well etc.

If yea not much of a builder or want it to be a "challenge", survival.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
survival is the "proper" minecraft experience. That new-world experience of exploring, crafting, building and surviving is still a blast. I don't play much MC any more but when I do I usually just start a new world and climb that ladder.

Creative is more like playing with infinite lego and while you can build anything, you don't get the same sense of satisfaction.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, Wild Update's been out for a few days now, though I haven't switched over yet on my local world since I don't want to generate any deep dark cities yet.
It's been unfortunate to see how much the community (or at least the louder parts of it) has been turning on Mojang in the leadup to this -- although admittedly Mojang hasn't been handling communication as gracefully as they could, though everything stems from how much they may have overpromised starting back in 2020.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, Wild Update's been out for a few days now, though I haven't switched over yet on my local world since I don't want to generate any deep dark cities yet.
It's been unfortunate to see how much the community (or at least the louder parts of it) has been turning on Mojang in the leadup to this -- although admittedly Mojang hasn't been handling communication as gracefully as they could, though everything stems from how much they may have overpromised starting back in 2020.

I will admit, the Wild Update got reduced in content quite a bit. Two features I was looking forward to the most, Birch Forest updates and Fireflies, both got cut completely.

The Deep Dark doesn't interest me all that much, but the new swamp stuff is nice. Other than that the Wild didn't really do much, mostly feels like Caves & Cliffs Part III to me.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I respect that Mojang tries to avoid crunch, but it's a shame how slowly new content comes out. I've heard this game's code is an utter mess so I imagine that has something to do with it. Still, it blows my mind that the best-selling game of all time can't at least release new building blocks on a somewhat regular basis.

All that said, it's still a fantastic game and I look forward to jumping into 1.19 soon.

-Minsc-

Nov 3, 2017
Good to see the community is still alive. Went from Windows 8.1 to Linux Mint 20.x so no Bedrock. I do somewhat miss the server. Playing around with the the server back end was a fun life distraction. Thinking back I believe I enjoyed that more than actually playing the game.

Hope you all are having fun.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I just found out that you can play, via the Editions tab, the PS3/PS4 editions of Minecraft PS4 Bedrock edition, most notably to play the mini-games that were offered.

Is there a similar way to access that version on Xbox?

excowboy

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone loaded the free Frozen Planet 2 map? My kids were super excited to explore the world and play with all the animals trailed. But, when you load it up it's a minigame about rescuing polar bears that is completely broken (on OG PS4 anyway). Anyone know if there'll be an option just to play the world in creative? Not much detail online that I can find.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
This thread seems kinda dead, but I'll ask anyway.

I want to start my own private Minecraft server. I know how to set up a basic server and all that. Are there any "best" ways to back it up? Also, are there any mod packs that aren't version dependent and can be used with the current version of Minecraft and move with it as it updates? I'm not looking for major mods, just things that make things a little easier, like getting around (like jetpack mods, etc).

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I dunno if this is the correct thread, I found nothing else but..on the switch anybody got a good seed that has a skeleton spawner at least?