• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/everything-announced-minecon-earth

Separately, the Nintendo Switch community will still be getting the new version of Minecraft with cross-platform multiplayer, but not until 2018. Nintendo has been a great partner and we're really excited to fully bring Switch players into the fold, however, we need to make sure we deliver the best experience possible. So the new version of Minecraft will now be coming to Nintendo Switch next year. Xbox One, PC, mobile and Nintendo Switch, all playing multiplayer Minecraft together in 2018 - I'm getting emotional just thinking about it...

Super Duper Texture pack also delayed on all platforms.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Well damn.

I bet they're working to fix the issues with the release on other platforms first before releasing anything for the Switch.

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
Not really surprised. I read somewhere that there was some problems with the update ? I hope they will fix the issues for the launch.

Deleted member 62

That explains why the retail edition is not coming this year either (unless it'll be a surprise announcement). Europe is also still waiting for the 3DS edition.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
I played 10 hours on Switch then put it aside to wait for this update and play with super duper graphics. Will keep waiting...

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft taking its time to make sure Switch gets the royal treatment, no rush here

Good on them

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
:(

Well whatever... this sucks for me as I'm waiting for a physical version to buy the game on the Switch. But as long as it comes out eventually, I guess I'll be ok. This will be the first version of Minecraft I own since the 360 version, so I'm looking forward to it and see it as a must buy

Nov 18, 2017
If they can pull off some magic and get

(a version of) super duper graphics
cross-play
none of the bugs

then it will be worth the wait to play Minecraft again on Switch.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I mean... At this point, obviously.

Think it's ok tho, not mllike Minecraft is going anywhere

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was tempted to post this in the Supergirl thread on Etcetera, but it's not really about Supergirl per se...

Check out this lovely ad Melissa Benoist did for Minecraft to promote the Super Duper graphics pack for Minecraft

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the Better Together edition will be a better product by the time it comes to Switch.

AdropOFvenom

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is an idiot with Minecraft, but has a nephew getting this for Christmas, can I bump this to ask

A) Does the voice chat app (or any other non-Skype/Discord solution) work with Switch Minecraft? Also is it party chat only, or is there potential for randos?
B) Is there any version of cross-play in the current version or does that wait until this update?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is an idiot with Minecraft, but has a nephew getting this for Christmas, can I bump this to ask

A) Does the voice chat app (or any other non-Skype/Discord solution) work with Switch Minecraft? Also is it party chat only, or is there potential for randos?
B) Is there any version of cross-play in the current version or does that wait until this update?

No voice chat.

There's cross-play between other Switches, but not between other consoles (Xbox One, PC) yet.