• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Our good pal Markus Persson has seemed extra unhinged over the past few days tweeting classic anti-semetic dogwhistles such as

with comments such as

Dt4VsYuUwAEO7HG.jpg

Z5jGOSu.png

and

EfylpfO.png

But he just posted this and I personally think this takes the cake

The irony in this tweet is extremely palpable when you take into account that this dude is fucking loaded and set for life.

Is he right though? Is there an agenda against white men in media and society as a whole?

(might I remind you our dear buddy has close to 4m followers on twitter ;))

Last edited:

Scousefury

Oct 28, 2017
Only a group of people who are not being persecuted would believe they are being persecuted, because they have the freedom to never know what persecution looks/feels like. P.s Notch is a twat.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad he is nowhere near Minecraft anymore given what it's become. Like I'm sure he would have been pushed out of it by now if he'd stayed involved, but still.

Of course, he still needs to fuck off and stop spreading this vile garbage. But at least he can't influence kids in any way.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
He's basically the definition of what would happen if a basement dweller incel became a millionaire.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So what's new? Guy has been a far right racist, sexist nut for years and years.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Everyone knows gamers are the most oppressed minority. When video game companies add characters that aren't straight white men it's a personal attack on all of us. Gamers, rise up. Don't let this white genocide stand!

(this is sarcasm)

Oct 28, 2017
Only a group of people who are not being persecuted would believe they are being persecuted, because they have the freedom to never know what persecution looks/feels like.
not meaning to nitpick, but I'm genuinely confused by this. Wouldn't the people who actually know what being persecuted feels like also rightfully be able to believe they are being persecuted?

P.s Notch is a twat.
(this, however, is indisputable)

Wigdogger

Oct 27, 2017
I remember in the other place when everyone was rallying around him when he got his billions and bought his opulent house... I was baffled at the time. To me, it was a sign of what that guy was really about. Everyone wanted to give him time to prove himself. Boy, has he ever...

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anything that isn't about white men or is even the slightest bit critical of them is an agenda against white men to these fucking shitbirds. Casting a black person as the lead in a movie is an agenda against white men. Black folk being excited because of the aforementioned casting is an agenda against white men. Women fighting back against sexual abuse is an agenda against white men. White men not talking about how great white men are 24/7 is an agenda against white men.

Last edited:

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Spare a thought for the plight of the poor white male billionaires, the REAL victim of society.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Imagine being a straight white male billionaire and STILL finding ways to feel persecuted

Edit: lol beaten by senj

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
when you're a white rich man and no one will call you on your bullshit IRL because of it, so you spiral harder and harder into paranoia and delusions, eventually culminating in seeing threats everywhere and buying into the most ridiculous bullshit because you've completely lost touch with reality a decade ago

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Notch, there is. The agenda is to make white men wake the fuck up and stop hiding behind moronic braindead ignorance like you are doing right now. Fuck off to hell. I'm ashamed of the fact that we are from the same country.

I remember in the other place when everyone was rallying around him when he got his billions and bought his opulent house... I was baffled at the time. To me, it was a sign of what that guy was really about. Everyone wanted to give him time to prove himself. Boy, has he ever...
Meh, money doesn't make someone happy which was a sentiment I applied to him back then. He seemed like the typical Swedish nerd; lonely but somewhat competent and in this case economically rewarded for it. Doesn't change the fact that he is lonely. Now, of course, it turns out that he's a giant piece of shit on top of that, but hey!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft Creator Notch continues to be a fucking idiot.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
There is no agenda against white men. There is kind of an agenda FOR people other than white (straight) men because those demographics have been oppressed and/or ignored by white (straight) men for the better part of history in large parts of our societies. And when the playground isn't exclusively meant for white men only anymore but others are allowed to join the fun, to fragile, snowflake white bigots & idiots, a more equal society might seem oppressive when you lack any sense of perspective.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
Man it kills me that he made one of the most wonderful games for children to explore and create things in, and holds such scumbag views. Like I really wish it was "Minecraft is a great game for children, and the person who made it is a wonderful individual too!" Instead it's just milkshake duck.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being a billionair. You can do whatever you want. You can realize most of your dreams. You can make people around you happier. And you decide to be a whiny little pos raciste alt-right nerd, crying on Twitter about how white men are opressed.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but this guys doesn't own minecraft or has anything to do with minecraft anymore right? If so, who cares what this nutjob thinks?

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad to see that someone that is able to create something as awsome as Minecraft, which has connected millions of people and given a platform for children all over the world to unleash their creativity, is such a close minded bigot. It's old news, but still depressing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this doesnt belong in videogames but in etcetera, Notch sold Minecraft to Microsoft 4 years ago

Oct 27, 2017
There's no agenda against white people, but social media has certainly created more (deserved) discourse about white identity politics, and I guess that rubs some sensitive people the wrong way.

Notch is a bitch tho