• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Hey, don't forget that there's also reframing information and ideas to suit narratives, like how the white genocide narrative requires you to be a white supremacist before it makes a lick of sense.

That does sound something like an innocent, naive person from a country that had no racism until people started accusing them of racism would have lying around just in case.

heh well put. It's what some honestly believe, that the only actual problem with racism is that people are calling people racist.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
any time you feel down just remember this man sitting alone in his house, angrily tweeting next to a room full of rotting candy

deadasdisco

Jun 10, 2018
With what has happened to his life the past few years, I can only imagine his mental state currently. He's progressively losing it, which is sad tbh.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Dude's a billionaire...can't he just fuck off to an island somewhere and be a bigot in isolation? Agenda against white men = acknowledgement that minorities of all kinds have been getting trampled for hundreds of years, and maybe it's time for that to stop. Some agenda...treating everyone how white men have been treated throughout history. Oh, the horror??? Da fuck are people like him on? The hell has to be wrong with you to achieve THAT level of success, and still be terrified of minorities being treated like human beings? Cunt and a half!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think the first game I remember playing and thinking of a political angle was Harrier Attack that came bundled with every Amstrad 6128 in the UK in around 1986, and directly referenced the Falklands, but obviously there's stuff before that too. Perhaps Custer's Revenge most infamously.

In terms of *early* games with political overtones, I'd argue that Missile Command definitely has things to say.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
That's always kinda confused me. I guess we just put all our stat points into Intelligence and Wisdom.
you also get that ancient jewish power armor from Wolfenstein

9080B868E86003BD2852246999CC9EBB2F20BEC6

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
As a black dude it just makes my head hurt. A small subset of the group with all of the perceived power and advantages over me is becoming the most sensitive and falsely victimized. BY WHO? The police don't bother you. Randoms people don't see you and assume the worst. People of your race run the Western governments from top to fucking bottom for eternity. The financial institutions are yours. The media is biased for you and against me. Women, even white, are marginalized, victimized, and just sadly fucking conditioned by society to believe they can't reach for the moon.

Yeah let's Captain Ginyu swap for a year or so motherfuckers.

Shit I have a better chance at shooting my shot for a promotion in social status when the AIs take over. That's the only thing the fragile white man should fear, which dumbass movie scientist type white man is going to accidentally unleash the AI that abruptly steals the power he is so afraid that minorities and women are going to somehow snatch away with zero momentum.

Just tell me WHO is a threat to their existence if they're thinking logically. It's like they are just unwilling to give even an inch. But we saw this during the Civil Rights time as well. Blacks were asking for fair treatment, and it was the Apocalypse for some. People aren't asking to come in your house, open your fridge, and eat off of your dishes, stupid.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is he suggesting the Jewish population is smart or stupid? Well, either way:

Happy Chanukah Notch, you bloated sack of mayonnaise.
Well, for anti-semites, jewish people are simultaneously weak and pathetic, yet also control the whole world.
I think there's often a kind of duckspeak involved, where things that are a positive for us are a negative for them. Like, it's okay for Jewish or Asian people to be smarter because it just reinforces that whites are the "default" humans and they're the weirdos, and they must inevitably have some other flaws that bring them down.

I also think that white supremacist is often a basic underlying value, so it's not founded on logic, logic is simply a tool that you use to promote that cause. The guy who got banned a while ago saw that he wasn't going to get anywhere with logic, so he just abandoned it and tried to take a more brute force approach.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
A small subset of the group with all of the perceived power and advantages over me is becoming the most sensitive and falsely victimized. BY WHO? The police don't bother you. Randoms people don't see you and assume the worst.

Just tell me WHO is a threat to their existence if they're thinking logically.
Black Twitter, the Gay Mafia, the Trans Tyrants, and the man leading them all--George Soros--of course.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Nothing like a guy who stumbled ass backwards into making billions whining about his persecution. Notch is, has been, and continues to be garbage.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Imagine being so fragile that the slightest focus on a demographic you don't belong to is equal to genocide in your mind.

The problem is that these idiots are so fucking ill equipped for social adversity that a fraction of it sends them into a fury.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's sad to see that someone that is able to create something as awsome as Minecraft, which has connected millions of people and given a platform for children all over the world to unleash their creativity, is such a close minded bigot. It's old news, but still depressing.

you know there is nothing absolutely unique about minecraft, right? Like, Notch wasn't some genius creator who saw a need for such a game in a void. Minecraft was one of many clones of another game called infiniminer. Notch has very much admitted this. Minecraft, itself, was literally called "Infiniminer Clone" during development. Notch has said many, many times that he was just some dude who got lucky, that his specific clone got picked up by streamers and went viral and got bought out.

Notch's success is basically pure, unadulterated happenstance and luck. The epitome of being in the right place at the right time.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
you know there is nothing absolutely unique about minecraft, right? Like, Notch wasn't some genius creator who saw a need for such a game in a void. Minecraft was one of many clones of another game called infiniminer. Notch has very much admitted this. Minecraft, itself, was literally called "Infiniminer Clone" during development. Notch has said many, many times that he was just some dude who got lucky, that his specific clone got picked up by streamers and went viral and got bought out.

Notch's success is basically pure, unadulterated happenstance and luck. The epitome of being in the right place at the right time.

I am aware of Infiniminer, I almost kind of expected that someone might bring it up in response to my post. Minecraft certainly started as a clone of said game, but quickly grew into its own thing, finding an own identity. Minecraft could never have existed without Infiniminer, but Infiniminer could never have become anywhere near as big as Minecraft became.

I actually played quite a bit of Minecraft when it first started to get noticed outside of the indie forums where it originated, and was for a brief period absolutely entranced by the game even in an unfinished state. Of course its success was in part down to luck, most things, in some respect, are. But it was also down to the software itself, which is why so many people still play it and have fun with it. I'd argue that compared to Minecraft, the fact that something like Tetris spread internationally as fast as it did required even more luck and happenstance considering the political climate of the time, even though it's objectively one of the best games ever made and certainly merits the success. Luck does not neccesarily negate the quality of the product.

I think the game legitimately deserves the status as a classic, not just because it is ridiculously successful. It is also a game that legitimately is a positive force for a lot of children, especially in a time where mainstream gaming for children is rapidly becoming an ethically dubious minefield of GaaS.

All this makes the fact that Markus Persson has become a depressed billionaire nazi who uses his influence pretty much exclusively to spread hateful rethoric even worse. Quite frankly he pisses me off to exceptional lengths, being literally one of the most privileged white men on the planet, and still acting like a fucking victim while the world is closer to embracing fascism than ever post WW2.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
ok see, here's the thing --

someone else brought up this same point when I mentioned Pong as an example in a different thread months ago. talking about who was the developer and the background of the company who developed it or whatever

I mean cmon, can we all discuss this in just a straight manner without going for serious reaches??

that's going way outside the boundaries of the game itself. I'm talking within the game itself.

I mean seriously -- just answer this question honestly without trying to go so deeply about it: What percentage of people are thinking about all those things you listed above when playing Pong??

Do you think it's a normal mindset for someone to consciously think about that stuff when playing Pong?
who even plays pong in the year of our lord 2018

it's comical that you have to resort to fucking pong to find a game that could be considered completely apolitical

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To think I used to admire this dude...

I hope he does some good to the world with the money he has earned.