• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mizavari

Jan 19, 2018
My biggest regret with this game is that upon eagerly downloading it for the Switch, I was made to recall the hard way that games in first-person perspective give me headaches. :(

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Platform : Release date

Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux : 18 November 2011
Android : 7 October 2011
iOS : 17 November 2011
Xbox 360 : 9 May 2012
Raspberry Pi : 11 February 2013
PlayStation 3 : 17 December 2013
PlayStation 4 : 4 September 2014
Xbox One : 5 September 2014
PlayStation Vita : 14 October 2014
Windows Phone : 10 December 2014
Windows 10 Edition : 29 July 2015
Wii U : 17 December 2015
Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV : 19 December 2016
Nintendo Switch : 11 May 2017
New Nintendo 3DS : 13 September 2017

Missing Gear VR. Don't see anything else missing.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Game of a generation.
Game of an Industry. It prefigured the early access release model, it single-handedly popularized the crafting/survival sandbox genre, it is a global cultural phenomenon, it has outsold most decades old entire franchises in just 9 years. Minecraft Steve is Mario/Sonic/Pacman for the post-millenial generation. If there were a gaming Mt Rushmore his head would absolutely have to be on it by now.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising it is still the game of the century. Roblox is another game that few folks on forums discuss but tons of kids play it.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
holy-sht.gif
Insane really.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to see what this game is about, but I didn't liked the Android versiĂłn (fault of the phone more than the game) I want to try it out on an Xbox One X but I don't have Friends who play this game, since it seems that with more people is better

That's 1,5% of China...

Microsoft on route to get that 10% that will make them win this generation.

Oct 25, 2017
The monthly active users are the really eye boggling stat to me. 74 million different people playing it every month?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, that's amazing. That's more than 30 franchises with more than 100 games together like FF, Zelda, DK, Kirby, Fifa, Assassin's Creed and many others. And Minecraft is only in it's first game. Impressive, really impressive feat.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So fucking insane, I remember buying it for like 5 or 10€ back then (alpha) and there was barely any game there. Insane.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I remember it had only sold around 20k copies when I bought it. I enjoyed the the game more before the Halloween update which added hunger, but then I suppose I haven't played it much since The End was added.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Also cross play makes it more lucrative to buy it so every kid can play on a platform they choose and off course adults also, expect sony.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing the beta in the browser version, plagued by people spamming pillars all over the place. I've gotten an endless amount of fun playing this game.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
God damn. I remember playing the in-browser-only alpha/beta version with friends way back in the day.

I know people thought MS overpaid for it, but I don't think you can put a price tag on purchasing an entire generation. When I was teaching fifth-graders Scratch a few years ago, nothing would distract them more than Minecraft-related stuff on the site.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wonder if we will ever see an actual Minecraft 2. It can't just be more of the same but then any drastic changes would be so risky given its mainstream popularity.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX
I think I've bought the game five times?

Once on 360.
Once on Xbox One.
Twice on PC (one for a friend).
Once on Switch.

Inkblots

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Game of an Industry. It prefigured the early access release model, it single-handedly popularized the crafting/survival sandbox genre, it is a global cultural phenomenon, it has outsold most decades old entire franchises in just 9 years. Minecraft Steve is Mario/Sonic/Pacman for the post-millenial generation. If there were a gaming Mt Rushmore his head would absolutely have to be on it by now.
ITT I learned Minecraft Steve existed.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
You know, I only briefly played it on the 360 when it came out.

I think about grabbing the Switch version every once in a while but then I'm not sure. I'm not creative at all and the survival aspect doesn't interest me that much

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Wait they are 20-25 million away from Tetris right? So they should become the best selling videogame by the end of next year? That is crazy, especially when Tetris is so much older than Minecraft.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought this for IOS for my 3 year old kid, but more so because I wanted to see what it's about before I'd let him play it when he turns 4/5.

He was watching me fly around and basically copied me doing it. He now goes around the world on his own searching and 'petting' sheep/cows/pigs Only let him play once a week for 10 minutes, but I was amazed at how quick kids these day are able learn. I think that shows how well the game is designed

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
Insane numbers! The most impressive thing of all is that the IP is still not showing sings of slowing down.