• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hahahaha, this is great. I imagine there must be a lot of resentment within the dev team towards who Notch became.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have to give it to Microsoft, they have handled the game amazingly for the past 5 years.

Also this is hilarious.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
To be fair no one really knows who made Minecraft, or if it was even made. It just IS.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Like that gal Lulu I heard she is great

Q2l8Ldv.gif

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I'm not sure I've ever seen a piece of media take such an overt stance against its creator before.

Hope Notch is mad and unhappy. And that he doesn't then use those feelings to, you know, go attack more people on Twitter.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Is this only for Java Edition? Or will this beautiful splash makes its way to the Better Together versions as well?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I know Notch is horrible, but what is the context of the space thing? I don't get it

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine future archeologists and anthropogists puzzling over what 'from space' means.

Notch sounds like a proper Dbag, but is he credited anywhere at all?
I'm ok not lionizing him but he should be given credit

(not a Minecraft player)

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This is fantastic.
MSFT was really the best thing to happen to Mojang.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I know the space reference but what's the Miku one? Is it just the mikumiku_ebooks "shut up transphobe" thing or is that also a reference to another thing?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine future archeologists and anthropogists puzzling over what 'from space' means.

(not a Minecraft player)
No credit given to Hatsune Miku, the original dev, so yeah a bit sad :/

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

(not a Minecraft player)
At this point, if you wanna know who made Minecraft there's still loads of articles about the sell of Mojang.
I imagine that it's referred somewhere in the credits part of the game (although they certainly can keep the credits to current developers).
Notch got more than his share of cash for the property of the IP and everything attached to it.
Don't worry no one is destroying all the archives of news media saying he made the game.