• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Are you using proper texture settings and are you using the PTGI SEUS v. 6? You have to make sure your setttings are correct in the shader and elsewhere
I fixed it. With PTGI E6: In Shader options, Raytracing options, Full raytrace reflections is turned off by default. SE changed that in this new version. You used the E5 version. :)
Edit: Ah, nice. Maybe it was just a bug on my end.

Last edited:

signal

Oct 28, 2017
That Quake style room was cool. Wish there was more footage of the architectural render style stuff with these new minecraft videos.

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017
This is the definitive showcase of ray tracing. A fantastic presentation that truly gets to the root of what makes ray tracing so special. Thanks so much for this demo, guys.

Yes. This is now the go to video if anyone ever asks what raytracing is and how it changes the way games can look.

Just incredible incredible stuff.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Looking nice! You can do all kinds of tricks if geometry is constrained enough. There were interesting RT GI attempts few years ago deriving from LPV etc utilizing propagation in some spatial structure that could be updated eg. by voxelizing the entire view with Z disabled every frame. Neat techniques but too much hacks and workarounds required (even RT graphics has some limit) for production use except for something like Minecraft anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the video. I really enjoyed that you still went into some reasonably technical stuff rather than just running around. Really interesting, it's crazy how beautiful some of these simple games can become with super advanced lighting

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft Path Tracing with realistic textures. Looks darn good.

Can't imagine what things will look like in the generation after next.