• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully this affect the consoles they having been selling here in Brazil for few years now.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god will we finally get a classic sega harware that isn't complete shit after a dozen of attempts

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I would love for one of these to be good. Even the atGames versions are tempting, but I'll hold out for better emulation.

They should include 32x games, too.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Good news.

It still won't have Sonic 3 on it, but at least hopefully the other games will run/sound as good as they deserve to.

OP
OP
Shaneus

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
The translation said "proven domestic" software developer. That would have to mean M2, yeah?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is a great call

Had no interest in its current proposition. If done right, it would be day 1 without question. The Mega Drive is perhaps my GOAT

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing the Genesis Flashback at my local Office Depot, so I looked it up. Not a good reception, so I see why they're trying again.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
If it has Sonic 3 & Knuckles then you have my money Sega, if not I'll stick to the Genesis Collection and Sonic 3 & Knuckles on PC.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
If it's M2, and the hardware is nice and a perfect mini replica like the Nintendo (and now Sony) ones, with no extra logos or turbo buttons on the controllers or consoles... and it's made of nice high quality plastic...

That would be great.

Also, make a Mark III one please.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe there's hope for the Mega Drive/Genesis classic. I rather see the finished product in 2019 than whatever AtGames was going to complete by this year.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Sega on hearing PSC announcement: "Oh shit... this is a thing we should be taking seriously I guess."
They should have done it seriously since they announced it , no one brought their old Pulg and play cos they sucks. NES and SNES mini were popular because they actually emulate well. I do think PS Classic will do well too.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Get ur head out of ur ass. Fans voiced their opinions about Atgames the day this thing was announced. Has nothing to do with sony.
Wow, rude. I think it's interesting that they make the announcement after Sony announces their own offering.
We're all winners here by not being subjected to AtGames stuff.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
That last mini Sega Genesis had like games that weren't even Sega Genesis games on it didn't it? Like the bootleg 1000 in 1 games you find in the middle of the mall.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted a good Mega Drive Classic for so long, that I've finally said fuck it, and made one myself.

Got one of those Mega Drive USB hubs:
PwNP8xu.jpg

Put in a Raspberry Pi running Retroarch:
gt8Mqig.jpg

Just ordered a couple 6 button original mod kits from 8Bitdo, which will convert them to Bluetooth controllers:
XdyfKRL.png

It's gonna be dope. Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, some Sega arcade classics. I'm amped.