• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yay I can't believe I won, after the 1 kill night 2 I thought I was done

Thanks Stuart and Donna for running the game, the flavour was very fun too

And thanks for everyone who played this was a carefree game and I hope everyone had fun

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Should have shot turmoil, Soneji, lol. Would have been able to kill him there at the end with a second shot and won.
I honestly figured I would be lynched the next day so I didn't give much thought to trying to get rid of his bulletproof n4. No lynch was a twist I wasn't thinking about, as I didn't go try hard this game.

Would have been funny if the game ended with turmoil and I killing each other though in an epic double backstab.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly figured I would be lynched the next day so I didn't give much thought to trying to get rid of his bulletproof n4. No lynch was a twist I wasn't thinking about, as I didn't go try hard this game.

Would have been funny if the game ended with turmoil and I killing each other though in an epic double backstab.
If you had said you targeted him and not Fanto I was gonna tell him you were gonna kill him so you win lol.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of fun! I am super glad I subbed in.

Sorry I tunneled you vere. That was really the downfall.

Turmoil7 getting found was good but it was too little too late and I could NOT figure out who the scum RB was.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I think Vere was always gonna be the lunch D2, Zipped. I don't think I was gonna be able to wrangle enough votes for Stan.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you had said you targeted him and not Fanto I was gonna tell him you were gonna kill him so you win lol.
I was just thinking how utterly dastardly it would have been to have shot turmoil then faked as if I shot on Fanto in-thread, but that's the other thing : I expected turmoil to shoot Chuggs because he should think scum want Fanto dead. Maybe he forgot scum roleblocker can't block and kill same night. So while this ploy could have worked a Chuggs kill from me makes less sense so invites suspicion.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
During D2 I honestly thought Vere was scum, then I noticed "his breadcrumbs" and thought he was town and zipped really scum

I didn't fear scumhunting as I had the BP, I was just totally wrong

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Overall I tried to not stress myself too much here and just go with the flow. Would have had better chances of winning but probably a worse time if I went try hard. Being scum in your first game in a new environment is just bad luck, I pretty heavily favor randing town.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It was either turmoil or KetKat for SK going into n2, whereas we thought it was most likely Vere going into n1.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the OM folks are busy or zzzzzzzz right now so spec access will come soon(tm)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
For myself, I just feel embarrassed about how poorly I played. My tunnel on Vere lost the game for Town, and my reads and posts in general were pretty garbage tier.

I think everyone else played great though, either Scum or Town could have easily won if it weren't for the SK, and Turm played great in that role.

The flavor was also super fun, thanks to Stu and Donna for hosting the game and putting a smile on my face every time I read through the flavor posts or Role PMs.

----

Unless Conspiracy 2 is up next, I'm probably going to take a break for a bit from Mafia, feeling pretty burned out. I have to sign up for Conspiracy 2 though, long live the Amnesiac Cop and the Alien Neutral Tracker!

Oct 25, 2017
For myself, I just feel embarrassed about how poorly I played. My tunnel on Vere lost the game for Town, and my reads and posts in general were pretty garbage tier.

I think everyone else played great though, either Scum or Town could have easily won if it weren't for the SK, and Turm played great in that role.

The flavor was also super fun, thanks to Stu and Donna for hosting the game and putting a smile on my face every time I read through the flavor posts or Role PMs.

----

Unless Conspiracy 2 is up next, I'm probably going to take a break for a bit from Mafia, feeling pretty burned out. I have to sign up for Conspiracy 2 though, long live the Amnesiac Cop and the Alien Neutral Tracker!

Nah, I was right there with you in that tunnel. You did good, man.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

----

Don't think it was a bad read, and most of it came from D1 play and D1 firmly remains a crapshoot. (I could have advocated for a Soneji lunch then for example, I had him pegged that early) I legitimately thought we'd have more time even if Vere was town. If I had figured out the setup or just went with the worse assumption, I might have been able to make a better case for Stan D2.

Was just a run of bad luck, don't think anyone played poorly.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When you have bad reads, it is mostly rng, conversely when you have good reads, too

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really didn't think two mis kills would screw us over that bad. I was decently confident of everyone's alignments by day 3 and all of town was on the same page, and we still couldn't pull a win off. Cards just didn't fall in our favor. Every team played well

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I had fun during the first day! And then we just - nervously - laughed from Spec. Congratulations for the win, turmoil.

I stopped understanding this game post D2

This was me too.

----

Oh, come on Fanto. You did great with what you knew, you put in work and helped to solve the game with those checks. It's just that the setup was a bit more unforgiving than normal with town.

Hope you're having fun with the Hydra game too!

This is my post of the game

Can't disagree here, I felt identified too.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

----

You were absolutely amazing and kept us on our toes, truly a pro. Don't let yourself down!

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Fanto as usual you are being way to hard on yourself.
Hell your the main reason i was consistantly scumread for basicalky the whole game.
I mean i thought we were doing real well, then suddenly the whole team is on the chopping block because of spreadsheets and probabilitys and shit.
I dont know how to deal with that, i didnt come here to math.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Fanto as usual you are being way to hard on yourself.
Hell your the main reason i was consistantly scumread for basicalky the whole game.

I mean i thought we were doing real well, then suddenly the whole team is on the chopping block because of spreadsheets and probabilitys and shit.
I dont know how to deal with that, i didnt come here to math.
That's one of the dislikes I have about C9++ tbh. A mass claim absolutely fucks mafia most of the time. There's hardly any way for them to claim a PR without obviously lying because all the known setups can be figured out pretty quickly.

I honestly hate being able to figure out the setup of any given game, but I do appreciate C9++ for being easy to set up. Though I would recommend gamerunners say they're running a modified C9++ setup instead of unmodified C9++. Then, even if you actually don't end up modifying anything, town can't reliably make that sort of judgment call after a mass claim.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I will also say I'm not a fan of C9++, mainly for that reason. I do appreciate the fact that Fireblend coded a tool for us to roll C9++ games (I actually did this too just as a programming project, so I know the effort it takes) but I would love to start seeing different setups get used around here too.

I can say at least that Natiko and I will be co-running a Mini game Soon™ with a setup that has not been run here before (and which has been being teased by both of us for months now lol :P) and I also plan to run a new-to-us setup for my own Mini game in the future.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As maol said, I think it would be a good idea to not reveal if a game is pure c9++gen or modified c9++, just say "inspired by c9++ setup" regardless

Also maybe c9++ inspired mafias should be allowed to be modified (only for small changes, like adding a town PR and replacing a goon for their counter) to be run without going through the review process

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I will also say I'm not a fan of C9++, mainly for that reason. I do appreciate the fact that Fireblend coded a tool for us to roll C9++ games (I actually did this too just as a programming project, so I know the effort it takes) but I would love to start seeing different setups get used around here too.

I can say at least that Natiko and I will be co-running a Mini game Soon™ with a setup that has not been run here before (and which has been being teased by both of us for months now lol :P) and I also plan to run a new-to-us setup for my own Mini game in the future.
Still very excited for this. It should be a fun change of pace for sure.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh boy that went quickly! Looks like my scumdar was right on Brian, not that I really pushed for it at all.

Apologies for not being able to participate much D1. Timing was just really bad for me since I was hosting a dozen people at my place for an entire weekend.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Both vere and exodus had no scum voting for them, considering we went full vote junkies it's easy to see the pitfalls were town fell

The timeline were chuggs was luncheon on day one would had been rough for scum