• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
This feels forced, why are you giving us reads right now? It hasn't even been 24 hours and it's D1.

I wouldn't trust Ket, the fact that she cut through the shitposting to start playing was provoked by a vote on her.

Why would you already not consider voting for Ket or Mao? I've seen both as Scum, and nothing they've said or done is alignment indicative to me so far.

Look, as much as I love day 1 shitposting, if that's all we do we're not going to win. Like those are some shit reads, I'm not going to lie, but that's what I'm feeling right now.

I don't really scum Ketkat getting freaked out by a day 1 vote, but I'll keep that in mind.

And I kind of phrased that wrong, they could do thing today that would make me switch my read, and I could vote there, but if day 1 was right about to end right now, I wouldn't be putting a vote there.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Ketkat cutting through the shit posting to try to play the game gives her a sprinkle of town points.

Maol has been slightly weird, but I don't really see his play as scum.

These are super light reads, but probably wouldn't vote for these two today
Seems a bit premature in the day to say so, mate.

aw shit, can argue with gif usage this appropriate.

indeed i am.

yeah im happy but only for completely unrelated reasons.

im still super confused at why hes in my chugger quote...

note to shelf: Fanto is in on it too, how far does this conspiracy go...
We have to go deeper.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Ketkat Why you ducking me
tenor.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Look, as much as I love day 1 shitposting, if that's all we do we're not going to win. Like those are some shit reads, I'm not going to lie, but that's what I'm feeling right now.

I don't really scum Ketkat getting freaked out by a day 1 vote, but I'll keep that in mind.

And I kind of phrased that wrong, they could do thing today that would make me switch my read, and I could vote there, but if day 1 was right about to end right now, I wouldn't be putting a vote there.
If you wanna play the early bird read game, I would say that Turmoil seems Townie to me so far. I think in the last game I was misreading his tone, probably because he was getting scrutinized from the start, but this feels like the Town Turm.

Ahh, but look into where her conversation eventually turned to with Mao. "Is there anything standing out to you as scummy right now?" A simple but effective way to get him to move his vote off of her.

Fair enough on the last point.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Verelios would technically be able to stop us if we just suddenly agreed to play under Image Mafia rules instead?

8oqyLvH.gif

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels forced, why are you giving us reads right now? It hasn't even been 24 hours and it's D1.

I wouldn't trust Ket, the fact that she cut through the shitposting to start playing was provoked by a vote on her.

Why would you already not consider voting for Ket or Mao? I've seen both as Scum, and nothing they've said or done is alignment indicative to me so far.

This seems like an odd take from Fantomas to me. While he is right that it's a bit early to be saying that you wouldn't vote here or there or to give a reads list, I feel like that's the kind of information that Fantomas tends to provide pretty early in games himself.

What boxy things have I been up to? I've been playing a little bit of picross lately which is all about using boxes for the greater whole, so that's gotta be town points right?? In-game, it's been mostly quiet so I haven't had too much to add outside of conflicting feelings on people having reads on me this early.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I know that you want to keep things close the chest, but is there anything standing out to you as scummy right now?
As of the time this was posted, no, but Fanto's recent posts look a bit opportunistic to me.

That being said, Fanto typically plays mafia by jumping in on everything, so it's not particularly an alignment tell, but it is something to watch in case he does something off.

I'm also not opposed to a lunch of someone with historically low post counts at this point if nothing of note happens for the rest of the phase.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
This seems like an odd take from Fantomas to me. While he is right that it's a bit early to be saying that you wouldn't vote here or there or to give a reads list, I feel like that's the kind of information that Fantomas tends to provide pretty early in games himself.

What boxy things have I been up to? I've been playing a little bit of picross lately which is all about using boxes for the greater whole, so that's gotta be town points right?? In-game, it's been mostly quiet so I haven't had too much to add outside of conflicting feelings on people having reads on me this early.
What kind of conflicting feelings? Do you feel they're off base?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be around for another 10 minutes or so, dont have much to comment on off the top of my head at the moment.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Funky Dude Sparks (2 votes)
turmoil7 - #103
Fantomas - #108

Ketkat (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #80

Stantastic (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #54
turmoil7 - #87 #103

Alexem (1 votes)
Verelios - #75

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Stantastic - #134

Soneji (1 votes)
Alexem - #162

Verelios (0 votes)
Fantomas - #47 #108

언이라브 (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #61 #87

Not voting: Reki, Ketkat, Funky Dude Sparks, Soneji, exodus, 언이라브

Post Counts:
Fantomas: 24 Funky Dude Sparks: 18 turmoil7: 14 TheChuggernaut: 14 Verelios: 14 Alexem: 12 Stantastic: 11 Maolfunction: 6 언이라브: 6 Ketkat: 5 exodus: 5 Reki: 3

Current Countdown:
fo6me2pdoo

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not voting: Reki, Ketkat, Funky Dude Sparks, Soneji, exodus, 언이라브

I bet most or all of scum is hiding there

VOTE: Reki

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, GIFs can only carry you so far... let's try something different then. From the roster this time, which players do you normally have an easy/hard time reading?

In my case I believe to have an idea of how exodus normally plays as town from past games, so I'm looking forward to him posting more.

On the other hand - and I mean no disrespect by this! - Funky Dude Sparks is normally hard to place. Jumpy playstyles are always an enigma for me.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I have met no player here when they were scum

Maybe there is no scum in this game?

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I think part of the problem that I have with D1 is that I try not to put too much stock into meta. True, there are some meta factors that I've taken into consideration over time - CoolestSpot's penchant for gambits and active L_P being suspicious L_P - but I still think that if you get a reputation for acting in certain ways in certain situations, it gets easier to weaponise those meta tells should you roll scum.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, GIFs can only carry you so far... let's try something different then. From the roster this time, which players do you normally have an easy/hard time reading?

In my case I believe to have an idea of how exodus normally plays as town from past games, so I'm looking forward to him posting more.

On the other hand - and I mean no disrespect by this! - Funky Dude Sparks is normally hard to place. Jumpy playstyles are always an enigma for me.
Well, the players I have the most experience with (as in, I have played multiple games and seen them as both Town and Scum) here are probably Chugg, Ketkat, Stan, Turmoil, and Verelios, so I'll probably be leaning on Meta for early reads there. Mao I'm still getting used to, but I feel like I can get reads on him fine enough.

Alexem, Exodus, and you, Reki, I have only played with once or twice in the past, so more difficult for me to lean on Meta for early reads there.

Sparks is difficult to read, though I still feel like the Scum tell is him trying to make some sense of his actions like he did in LiS, hence my vote there currently. He was more reserved there, whereas in LB3 or HoH he was more erratic. Could be nothing though, just D1 #SickReads, that's all lol.

Then the two I haven't played with before, Brian and Soneji.

Oct 25, 2017
I think part of the problem that I have with D1 is that I try not to put too much stock into meta. True, there are some meta factors that I've taken into consideration over time - CoolestSpot's penchant for gambits and active L_P being suspicious L_P - but I still think that if you get a reputation for acting in certain ways in certain situations, it gets easier to weaponise those meta tells should you roll scum.

Yeah, this is fair. I use meta on day 1 still because there's not much else to go on, but the one time I actually rolled scum I tried to play as close to my town game as possible

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think someone is weaponising their meta to look townie?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
True, there are some meta factors that I've taken into consideration over time - CoolestSpot's penchant for gambits and active L_P being suspicious L_P - but I still think that if you get a reputation for acting in certain ways in certain situations, it gets easier to weaponise those meta tells should you roll scum.

This debate appears every time. You're right, meta by itself is at best spotty evidence, but having something to lean on when you're completely in the dark is nice.

It gets more interesting when the game advances and you have votes and reads to contrast, though.

Sparks is difficult to read, though I still feel like the Scum tell is him trying to make some sense of his actions like he did in LiS, hence my vote there currently. He was more reserved there, whereas in LB3 or HoH he was more erratic. Could be nothing though, just D1 #SickReads, that's all lol.

You're right, I forgot that! Just don't tell Sparks.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with using meta reads - if it gives you some ideas early on, then it's as good a reason as any. It's just not something that I'd rely too heavily on myself.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If someone comes up with a ridiculous fakeclaim can we just roll with it despite this being a semi open setup?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm claiming honor mechanic tied to my vote record and I may or may not have been forced to make this post.
That shit was way too funny lol

-----

Just to get some conversations going here between now and when I get home, I would be interested to hear other players answers to Rekis question a few post above. Aside from that, tell me who is one player here you would want to investigate just based on Meta or how much you worry about their alignment. For example, if Monkey was here, she would be my answer every time. Since she isnt though, I would probably go with Mao or Chugg maybe.

Dont have much more time for now, I'll be back in a couple hours.

Oct 25, 2017
That shit was way too funny lol

-----

Just to get some conversations going here between now and when I get home, I would be interested to hear other players answers to Rekis question a few post above. Aside from that, tell me who is one player here you would want to investigate just based on Meta or how much you worry about their alignment. For example, if Monkey was here, she would be my answer every time. Since she isnt though, I would probably go with Mao or Chugg maybe.

Dont have much more time for now, I'll be back in a couple hours.

I think I've read Turmoil as scum in every game I've played with him so probably him