• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Screen_Shot_2019-09-27_at_1.55.46_PM.png

It's a normal day in the Post Office or so it seemed. But unbeknownst to the staff or the boxes, a sinister plot was brewing. Suddenly, the lights went off.

"What? Who turned out the lights?" Shouted one poor staff member.

"Don't worry, I'll just turn it back on…" said another staff member as they reached for the switch that conveniently affects all lights in the entire building.

"WHAT THE HELL?" shouted a staff member, "Why are all the boxes plain looking? WHERE ARE THE COLOURED BOXES? They were just here… ;-;".

"Oh gods… look everyone," said a visibly nervous staff member pointing to the ground in front of him.

As everyone looked down, all they saw was a box. A plain box that looked like it had been shredded by something… something powerful.

SAMPLEMAN the Vanilla Townie has died

As the staff member examined the remains of the box, they came across a weird note.

"Don't drink the punch."

"What a weird note… we don't even have punch here"

Gamerunner: Stuart444 & empressdonna
Gamewatchers: Sorian Pedro Sawneeks Fireblend Natiko
Game Complexity: C9++
Phase Lengths: 48/24

!player_list
[He/Him] 언이라브|Brian - UTC+11
[He/Him] exodus - UTC-5
[He/Him] turmoil7 - UTC-3
[He/Him] Alexem - UTC+0
[He/Him] Maolfunction - UTC-7
[He/Him] Fantomas - UTC-6
[He/Him] Soneji - UTC-4
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks - UTC-5
[They/Them] Reki - UTC-3
[He/Him] Stantastic - UTC+12
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut - UTC-5
[He/Him] Verelios - UTC-5
[She/Her] Ketkat - UTC-4
!player_list

Mentorship Program

For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

(Thank you to Dr. Monkey for the banner)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
What Is Mafia?

Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:

1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Do not use slurs or bigoted language.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
4. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
5. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
6. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.
7. Please respect all of your fellow community members in terms of personhood and accessibility. In this community we require that you respect person's pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text (do not change text color unnecessarily and be mindful of small and large fonts' impact on readability).
8. Failure to adhere to a player's personal pronoun will result in a public warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.

Game Behavior:

9. While mafia can be an intense and stressful game, with play becoming heated at times, please try to keep discussion as respectful and congenial as possible. Take a break if you feel heated. If someone is breaking a rule you are encouraged to alert your gamerunner and game watchers. Reports about in-game action and behavior will be handled by them, and the gamerunner will issue final rulings in the event of disagreements.
10. Being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If the gamerunner and game watchers find a player has been overly aggressive, action will be taken. First a private warning via PM will be given. Failure to stop the behavior will then result in a public warning and the offender will be given a priority penalty. If these behaviors still continue then that player will be removed from the game.
11. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.
12. Players should not perform moderator actions in game, including using highlight text outside of voting, or issuing day-end/start commands, or calling for the modkill or replacement of another player. While we understand mafia can be an intense experience, and players may wish to discuss in-game moderation decisions with the gamerunner, once a gamerunner makes a decision, please respect it as final.

Activity:
13. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will result in both a public and a private warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
14. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
15. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your gamerunner.
16. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and Lynching:
17. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Any other format will not be accepted.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
19. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
20. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
21. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
22. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your gamerunner for more information.

Other:
23. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
24. If a player is banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
25. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

GAME SPECIFIC:

Setup:

C9++

The setup for this game was generated using MafiEra's very own C9++ Generator! Check it out today!

Facts about the setup that may be useful while playing:
  • The roles in this game are randomly generated and randomly assigned.
  • The role distribution can be assumed to be reasonably fair. If town is powerful, mafia will likewise be powerful and vice versa.
  • 50% of all possible setups contain a Serial Killer.
  • Possible non-town roles in this setup with odds:
    • 0.78125% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
    • 5.46875% = Goon + Godfather
    • 16.40625% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
    • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
    • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
    • 16.40625% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
    • 5.46875% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
    • 0.78125% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
  • Town roles will be a combination of ordinary townies and some selection of these town power roles: cop, doctor, vigilante, mason, innocent child, and/or roleblocker.
  • Town power roles can be either 1 shot OR unlimited.
  • The full process for selecting roles if anyone is interested is here. The seed used for this game will be revealed once the game is over.
Mechanics:
  • Night actions resolved in this order: Roleblock -> Medic visits for the night -> KP resolves simultaneously -> Cop Checks
  • Multiple roles of the same type will be resolved based on the order in which the gamerunner has assigned onto the roster.
  • Serial Killer chooses 1-shot BP OR Investigation Immune pregame.
  • Cop checks return either Town, AntiTown or No Result.
  • Doctors prevent one night kill.
  • Innocent Child is mod-revealed on the first phase.
  • Mafia Roleblocker can not Roleblock AND deliver KP in the same night.
  • Vigilante shots are refunded if Roleblocked.
  • Plurality Lynch (the person with the most votes at the end of every day phase is out).
  • Majority Lynch Rule in effect.
  • No notifications unless they are necessary:
    • Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
    • Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
    • Players will not receive a notification if they are healed.

Player List & Vote Tool Link
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Players:

1. NEW [He/Him] 언이라브 UTC+0 - Brian
2. [He/Him] exodus UTC-5
3. [He/Him] turmoil7 UTC-3
4. [He/Him] Alexem UTC+0
5. [He/Him] Maolfunction UTC-7
6. [He/Him] Fantomas UTC-6
7. [He/Him] Soneji UTC-4
8. [He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks UTC-5
9. [They/Them] Reki UTC-3
10. [He/Him] Stantastic UTC+12
11. [He/Him] TheChuggernaut UTC-5
12. [He/Him] Verelios UTC-5
13. [She/Her] Ketkat UTC-4

For Replacements we are currently taking the remainder of DS Mafia's list. If you cannot be a replacement or do not wish to be one just let us know and we will remove you from the list.

Replacements:

1. [He/Him] Zippedpinhead UTC-6
2. [She/They] weemadarthur UTC-6
3. [He/Him] Lone_Prodigy UTC-4
4. [She/Her] lokiduck UTC-8 - Loki/Ms. Bird/Ms. Duck
5. [He/Him] TearablePuns UTC-5

Day Start/End can be tracked via Threadmarks.

Fireblend's Vote Tool:

DAY 1 STARTS IN:

7jdjnokqe5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
PMs will go out soon. Please respond to them ASAP. If no response is received within 24h, you will most likely be replaced. Feel free to respond to the PM or post here to say you have received them.

We'll decide on when the game starts once everyone has confirmed they have received their PMs.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is this just secretly a Metal Gear Mafia game and that's why it was signing up alongside Death Stranding!?

uWPNvJK.gif

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
But to answer the question, a Metal Gear is a bipedal nuclear-weapons equipped tank.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Hi im here for the forum adaptation of Raging Bull,
im playing the part of Robert De Niro playing the part of Jake LaMotta

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Seven o'clock in the morning
And the rays from the sun wakes me
I'm stretchin' and yawnin'
In a bed that don't belong to me
And a voice yells, "Good morning, darlin", from the bathroom
Then she comes out and kisses me
And to my surprise, she ain't you
Now I've got this dumb look on my face
Like, what have I done?
How could I be so stupid to be have laid here til the morning sun?
Lost the track of time
Oh, what was on my mind?
From the club, went to her home
Didn't plan to stay that long
Here I am, quickly tryin' to put on my clothes
Searching for my car keys
Tryin' to get on up out the door
Then she stretched her hands in front of it
Said, "You can't go this way"
Looked at her, like she was crazy
Said, "Woman move out my way"
Said, "I got a wife at home"
She said, "Please don't go out there"
"Lady, I've got to get home"
She said, her husband was comin' up the stairs
"Shh, shh, quiet
Hurry up and get in the box"
She said, "Don't you make a sound
Or some shit is going down"
I said, "Why don't I just go out the window?"
"Yes, except for one thing, we on the 5th floor"
"Shit think, shit think, shit quick, put me in the box"
And now I'm in this darkest box, tryin' to figure out
Just how I'm gonna get my crazy ass up out this house
Then he walks in and yells, "I'm home"
She says, "Honey, I'm in the room"
Walks in there with a smile on his face
Sayin', "Honey, I've been missin' you"
She hops all over him
And says, "I've cooked and ran your bath water?
I'm tellin' you now, this girl's so good that she deserves an Oscar
Throws her in the bed
And start to snatchin' her clothes off
I'm in the box, like man, what the fuck is going on?
You're not gonna believe it
But things get deeper as the story goes on
Next thing you know, a call comes through on my cell phone
I tried my best to quickly put it on vibrate
But from the way he act, I could tell it was too late
He hopped up and said, "There's a mystery going on
And I'm gonna solve it"
And I'm like, "God please, don't let this man open this box?
He walks in the bathroom
And looks behind the door
She says, "Baby, come back to bed"
He says, "Bitch say no more"
He pulls back the shower curtain
While she's biting her nails
Then he walks back to the room
Right now, I'm sweating like hell
Checks under the bed
Then under the dresser
He looks at the box
I pull out my Beretta
He walks up to the box
He goes up to the box
Now he's at the box
Damn he's opening the box?

Day 1 Begins

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Welcome to Boxtopia, the land of the many multifaceted boxes or to be more precise, a small little Post Office in the middle of the central Boxtopia where all the wonderful box related action happens.

[Let's not talk about letters haha, they aren't as important to us in boxtopia]

All of you boxes are wonderfully stacked up in the sorting office, waiting to be shipped out to your respective owners but honestly, all this waiting stuff is boring.

It is in this magical place that our journey begins dear friends~ The battle between the coloured boxes and the plain boxes. Which will win out? Only time will tell.

DAY 1 BEGINS

DAY 1 ENDS:
fo6me2pdoo

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Woooooooooooo just took my lunch break, let's shit post!!!

Vote: Verelios