• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a fan of this kind of thinking as it seems like you're ignoring possible scum based entirely on meta. I've definitely seen games where some of the most active players are taken out and the game stalls, but this line of thinking is really the other end of voting for low activity, which I'm also not a fan of.
I don't even want to agree with Fanto but I can see where he's coming from here. It's not that active posters aren't on the table or that we're penalizing low activity, it's that all things equal active posters just contribute a lot more information. Yes, it's possible that the higher activity posters are scum and we're herding the wolves with the sheep. It's also very true that the most active people have to deal with the most scrutiny. If an active poster does something scummy day 1, I highly doubt the majority will stan for them.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to agree with Fanto but I can see where he's coming from here. It's not that active posters aren't on the table or that we're penalizing low activity, it's that all things equal active posters just contribute a lot more information. Yes, it's possible that the higher activity posters are scum and we're herding the wolves with the sheep. It's also very true that the most active people have to deal with the most scrutiny. If an active poster does something scummy day 1, I highly doubt the majority will stan for them.

My issue with this line of thinking is that town doesn't have the best track record on Day 1 targets. I think its dangerous to look at someone's activity and decide that they're worth keeping around or voting out based mainly on that. It's definitely a strategy to play for the mid/late game but I feel like it opens the door for even more mistakes

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, seems like things got a bit more interesting.

Alexem, I didn't mean to shut down your critic to meta arguments, it's just that it feels like a never ending debate, and both meta and counter-meta arguments get scrutinized every time, even from Spec.

To Fanto's question, If I had to investigate someone, that'd be Ketkat. She's normally pretty sharp and one of the players in this game that I'd be more scared of if she rolled mafia.

Vote: TheChuggernaut

let's see that flip breh
Oh man. Chuggernaut. So tempting.

Would you mind explaining why? This doesn't even read like prodding attempts.

Fake edit: Oh no, Sparks, I hope you're ok soon!

Reki Give some thoughts about the game, friend.

Look buddy, you can't vote me just out of spite for my fantastic avatar.

No but seriously, one thing that stood out to me is the weird few votes on you pilling up so fast. That's easy to point at after you and Fanto already commented, but the rest of the talk seems interested in pretty common game debate about
a) Meta.
b) Voting out low/high activity.
c) Early votes.

That's like... every D1 ever, discounting weird and extremely rare early gambits. There's like only one debate missing that I don't even want to mention, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Trust me, the Town Leader hat weighs heavily on my head, it's not something I enjoy wearing

You're sounding like Zeke now.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
My issue with this line of thinking is that town doesn't have the best track record on Day 1 targets. I think its dangerous to look at someone's activity and decide that they're worth keeping around or voting out based mainly on that. It's definitely a strategy to play for the mid/late game but I feel like it opens the door for even more mistakes
That's true, but then how would you like D1 to go down personally, inactivity and all?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I would say that it isn't just activity, but also adding in a quality > quantity stipulation. Like, if someone only makes 10 posts during a phase, but they are mostly all game related and sharing relevant opinions/thoughts and voting for people, then those are quality posts because it gives us good info on how they are seeing the game.

And yeah, I feel like it's kind of inevitable that Town is going to have a poor track record on D1, but I get where you are coming from with that. The Meta of how to go about things on D1 around here is pretty standardized, it would be fun to find ways to shake it up, but in a Mini game like this one I feel like it's just going to work like this most of the time, it's not like HvV2 lol.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why does The Chuggernaut seem so sus rn. First time playing but I sense some vibes.

VOTE: TheChuggernaut

Oct 25, 2017
Look either, Vere is scum and he won't kill himself or scum are going the moral and correct thing and not kill Vere

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
See this is why we shouldn't meme.
giphy.gif

Why does The Chuggernaut seem so sus rn. First time playing but I sense some vibes.

VOTE: TheChuggernaut
I mean even with the meme-ing you seem really suspicious rn and the other people told me to vote for whoever is sus a few pages back!
No, you're right, this is good. Tell me, what do you find sus about Chugg right now?

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

No, you're right, this is good. Tell me, what do you find sus about Chugg right now?

Idk how online mafia works so I'm just gonna wing it with how IRL mafia would work.

Proceeds to start off morally by saying that we all shouldn't "day 1 shitpost"

Look, as much as I love day 1 shitposting, if that's all we do we're not going to win. Like those are some shit reads, I'm not going to lie, but that's what I'm feeling right now.

Proceeds to target someone based on their "fluffiness" and "subdued" approach, basically reading into nothing which makes it seem like Reki isn't scum yet he just wants to random lynch.

They're just playing a lot more subdued than I'm used to and it's making me nervous. Posts are kind of fluffy too

Then proceeds to shitpost and meme it out.

Convince me that he ain't the scum.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Which also makes me think, if TheChuggernaut is Mafia then by him backing off, Reki could also potentially be a scum suspect? (?)

Oct 25, 2017
But you could've backed off to look less suspicious? Idk, I'm sticking with my vote for the night unless someone else will back you up. Idk how you play.

Less suspicious of what? Reki probably wasn't getting voted out today. If I was scum trying to get Reki killed, but didn't want to be tied to it I would of let the wagon pick up steam before I hopped off. Anyway, this is getting kind of WIFOMish so I'll leave it alone

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Brian and Soneji, I have never played with either of you before, so therefore I must ask:

Have you ever played Life is Strange?
I have played all LiS games except BTS, liked to loved them all so far.

Dunno if you both are newbies, but welcome anyways Soneji and Brian!
I might well have the most experience of anyone here, at over seven years played.

So far have only really been pinged by Fantamos pushing onto Chuggs for posting some early reads, which at least was a discussion point and didn't come off forced to me at all. Then when a Chuggs wagon started they didn't join on, instead their defense of Chuggs was all about them being a known quantity that can contribute so would rather just lynch low posters, which is an easy cop out for scum on d1 to distance themselves from any blame.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
so..nothing much more is being talk about i guess?

i initially placed this chiggs vote as a joke but between his kinda weirdness about it and the sort of but not but still sorta defense from Fanto it will be interesting at least to see how he flips. So i think im gonna keep it there.

The only thing that really pushes me against it is how much of a sudden train there was on him around the mid point there, but then i have to wonder if scum would just launch themselves like that this early in the game when things are pretty damn chill.