• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

TheChuggernaut (3 votes)
Stantastic - #134
turmoil7 - #211
Funky Dude Sparks - #212 #226
언이라브 - #275

Ketkat (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #80

Alexem (1 votes)
Verelios - #75

Soneji (1 votes)
Alexem - #162

exodus (1 votes)
Fantomas - #230

Reki (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #182 #211
TheChuggernaut - #228 #262

Stantastic (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #54 #228
turmoil7 - #87 #103

Verelios (0 votes)
Fantomas - #47 #108

Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #103 #182
Fantomas - #108 #230

언이라브 (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #61 #87

Not voting: Reki, Ketkat, Funky Dude Sparks, Soneji, TheChuggernaut, exodus

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 44 Fantomas: 41 Funky Dude Sparks: 27 Verelios: 24 Stantastic: 23 turmoil7: 22 Alexem: 17 Maolfunction: 14 언이라브: 13 Ketkat: 8 exodus: 8 Reki: 7 Soneji: 1

Current Countdown:
fo6me2pdoo

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Can't say that I'm really feeling the Chuggs train myself. I get that players like exodus might have some past form with him that might raise their suspicions, but I don't think that he's setting off any immediate alarm bells for me so far. Personally (look ma, I'm usin' meta!), I tend to like Chuggs' takes when he's town, so I'd like to think that he's on the town team, but of course it's early days.

Fanto looks to be putting in good work so far, with plenty of discussion contributed. I freely admit that town leaders make me a little twitchy, but it's not something that I'd start voting over without good reason. That said, though, I'd be only too pleased to see Fanto bring out the confirmed town gifs again. (Unless, however, it comes from a green cop-check - with the possibility of a godfather being in the mix in this game's setup, I'd be more inclined to take any of those that might be given in the future as NAI without harder proof.)

I'm not a fan of this kind of thinking as it seems like you're ignoring possible scum based entirely on meta. I've definitely seen games where some of the most active players are taken out and the game stalls, but this line of thinking is really the other end of voting for low activity, which I'm also not a fan of.
The problem that I have with low activity posters is that those who do turn out to be scum tend to slip away. If attention turns to a more prolific poster for some reason or another, then a scum player who's trying to go un-noticed can get a boost from that - their can use their forgettableness to keep on getting forgotten, especially if a mis-lunch helps to point the finger at another townie. By the time that town does need to do something about an enemy that's flying low, it just means there's less to pin on them.

Alexem, I didn't mean to shut down your critic to meta arguments, it's just that it feels like a never ending debate, and both meta and counter-meta arguments get scrutinized every time, even from Spec.
No harm done - meta ultimately comes down to personal stances. I don't think there's any absolute right or wrong to using meta reads, it just depends on how much value one chooses to put in it.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
So. I was feeling wary of Chuggs last night for that weak bit of prodding, but after thinking it a bit more this feels like town!Chuggs. Why?

okay wait we can talk about this
I get where Fanto is coming from. This is basically my argument for not wanting to ever kill Stu day 1
Unvote

Keeping an eye on you Reki, but I liked your answer well enough.
Mostly just not knowing having much to say because it's day 1, and nothing was really happening. Seemed fair enough
Vere are you town.

You have to tell me if you're not
See this is why we shouldn't meme.

Now the new guy wants to kill me.

This is super out there. Quick answers that probably didn't get a second thought. He even missed a question from Fanto regarding turmoil. This is carefree Chuggs, which is the opposite of how he played in SU, when he was a baddie. He tried to be super consistent and looked like a great asset to town all the time there. He bussed quite a bit if I remember right, but he was cautious too. Now granted, he also joked and with that being his first time rolling mafia he was excited to try and pull off a good performance - and you did! - but still. This doesn't read like mafia!Chuggs.

i initially placed this chiggs vote as a joke but between his kinda weirdness about it and the sort of but not but still sorta defense from Fanto it will be interesting at least to see how he flips. So i think im gonna keep it there.

I agree on the "That's good, unvote" post being super weak, but you played in SU. Does this read like mafia!Chuggs to you?

Convince me that he ain't the scum.

You probably don't know too much of the meta, but as a general question, do you think a mafia player would be so out there on D1?

Played with them 2 maybe 3 times.

Now that you mention it I think I've never played a game without you.

I might well have the most experience of anyone here, at over seven years played.

Oh my, apologies then.

Are you considering to vote Fantomas?

The problem that I have with low activity posters is that those who do turn out to be scum tend to slip away.

Do you feel like that's happening right now? Would you like to prod someone in particular?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people say chuggs may not be the correct lunch but I don't see many votes settling for an alternative or creating a new one

Maybe because the folks with one vote are scum??

VOTE:Alexem

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not really feeling the train either. I was just joking with my response.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Do you feel like that's happening right now? Would you like to prod someone in particular?
At the moment, I'm content to keep my vote on Soneji, pending hearing more from him now that he's checked in. I would also consider exodus as things are, though - he's been more active, but there's not been much more than commenting on Chuggs. I appreciate that he's been busy IRL, though, so he still has time to get more involved.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You probably don't know too much of the meta, but as a general question, do you think a mafia player would be so out there on D1?

I don't know how he plays so I'm placing experiences from people in the past that I've played IRL with. He might be coordinating a new strategy or he might actually not be scum I have zero clue. I'm probably reading into it too much.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I agree on the "That's good, unvote" post being super weak, but you played in SU. Does this read like mafia!Chuggs to you?
literally the only think i remember about playing with chuggs before is that he had an old fire emblem avatar, i was not kidding when i said i dont do meta.
(thats nothing against you chuggs, i just dont remember much at all about anyone in these games, might be all the drinking tbh)

seriously all i remember about SU mafia is that fucking role i got.
remember that shit? the role that fucking lied to me!?

monkey i know your reading and i still havnt caught up on that show because of it.

ahem.

As for the more general argument on if i think scum would put them selves out there? yeah?
like hes just been talkative, nothing that you quoted is him going out on a limb for anything, and plenty of people maintain extroverted play when scum.
Im not seeing why him posting a fair amount is something really in his favour, and its not like i have much else in the way of targets, its not much but its enough for me to feel okay with a D1 vote.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning everyone!
I have played all LiS games except BTS, liked to loved them all so far.

I might well have the most experience of anyone here, at over seven years played.

So far have only really been pinged by Fantamos pushing onto Chuggs for posting some early reads, which at least was a discussion point and didn't come off forced to me at all. Then when a Chuggs wagon started they didn't join on, instead their defense of Chuggs was all about them being a known quantity that can contribute so would rather just lynch low posters, which is an easy cop out for scum on d1 to distance themselves from any blame.
Nice! You should definitely play BtS sometime though, Chloe's backstory is really interesting.

Decent point there, though I would say that I was never considering voting for Chugg when I pressed him on his reads earlier in the day, that was just to see what more he had to say in response. And again, like I explained in a later post, it's more about quality > quantity than it is just post count alone, the thing is that most of the time people with a lot of posts have also made some quality ones in there as well.
the sort of but not but still sorta defense from Fanto
It's a straight up defense, let's be clear here: I'm not voting for Chugg on D1, period. If you want more on why, look at Reki's post above, I fully agree with that Meta assessment. Is that a strong reason? No, it's D1.
As for the more general argument on if i think scum would put them selves out there? yeah?
like hes just been talkative, nothing that you quoted is him going out on a limb for anything, and plenty of people maintain extroverted play when scum.
Im not seeing why him posting a fair amount is something really in his favour, and its not like i have much else in the way of targets, its not much but its enough for me to feel okay with a D1 vote.
Ok, but what is the Scum read on Chugg here? What did he do to make you want to vote for him and keep it there? Why don't you have any other targets, no one else sticks out to you?

These were the main posts I found from you about Chugg:
As for the rest of the chuggs train i have a hard time believing that scum would be that forward on day 1, more like peeps just hoping for a reaction to get past the typical dead air.
i initially placed this chiggs vote as a joke but between his kinda weirdness about it and the sort of but not but still sorta defense from Fanto it will be interesting at least to see how he flips. So i think im gonna keep it there.

The only thing that really pushes me against it is how much of a sudden train there was on him around the mid point there, but then i have to wonder if scum would just launch themselves like that this early in the game when things are pretty damn chill.
So it started as a joke, but because he has been "kinda weird" and because I said I wouldn't vote for him, it makes you want to keep your vote there for the rest of the day? Can you point out what the "weirdness" is from him?

-----

I'll put together an updated Would/Would Not Vote list in a bit.

I'll be at work during EoD, so don't expect me to be here for it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning everyone!

Nice! You should definitely play BtS sometime though, Chloe's backstory is really interesting.

Decent point there, though I would say that I was never considering voting for Chugg when I pressed him on his reads earlier in the day, that was just to see what more he had to say in response. And again, like I explained in a later post, it's more about quality > quantity than it is just post count alone, the thing is that most of the time people with a lot of posts have also made some quality ones in there as well.

It's a straight up defense, let's be clear here: I'm not voting for Chugg on D1, period. If you want more on why, look at Reki's post above, I fully agree with that Meta assessment. Is that a strong reason? No, it's D1.

Ok, but what is the Scum read on Chugg here? What did he do to make you want to vote for him and keep it there? Why don't you have any other targets, no one else sticks out to you?

These were the main posts I found from you about Chugg:

So it started as a joke, but because he has been "kinda weird" and because I said I wouldn't vote for him, it makes you want to keep your vote there for the rest of the day? Can you point out what the "weirdness" is from him?

-----

I'll put together an updated Would/Would Not Vote list in a bit.

I'll be at work during EoD, so don't expect me to be here for it.

...do i have to?
its like 2:30 and i got D&D tommorrow morning.

tho for starters you just fully left out the Reki part, the one where i directly interacted with him, and it was only quoted like a little bit ago.
Thats the part where reki said the completely nai thing and chuggs backed off from her, which was real weird.
thats definitely the biggest.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
like ill be real i just didnt expect it to need much explanation, its like the only notable thing to have happened today.

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to have much time today because of work. Just going to say my exchange with Brian felt like someone who had played mafia before, but hadn't played with us specifically. It didn't feel like he had a teammate helping out. It's possible that his teammate is just inactive or he realizes giving that impression will make him look better, but I feel okay about him right now

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
oh hey youre here too chuggs.

sup.

im about to go sleep, and ill still be voting for you. sorry bout that i guess.

got any thing to say?

doesnt even have to be game related, could just be hello, hellos are nice.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
...do i have to?
its like 2:30 and i got D&D tommorrow morning.

tho for starters you just fully left out the Reki part, the one where i directly interacted with him, and it was only quoted like a little bit ago.
Thats the part where reki said the completely nai thing and chuggs backed off from her, which was real weird.
You mean this part?
Unvote

Keeping an eye on you Reki, but I liked your answer well enough.
Uh. Now this looks a bit weird to me.

Would you be as kind as to point to the exact part(s) you liked?
Mostly just not knowing having much to say because it's day 1, and nothing was really happening. Seemed fair enough
so you liked the most obvious thing that literally anyone would say on day 1?
I guess this didn't really feel that odd to me? Not really something I would point to yet as an alignment tell from Chugg, but I get where you're coming from. You find it odd that he would drop his vote from Reki, but I saw him looking for some interactions with them and then once he got it he dropped it. If anything I would point that he didn't vote for anyone else yet after that, but it's not much.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to have much time today because of work. Just going to say my exchange with Brian felt like someone who had played mafia before, but hadn't played with us specifically. It didn't feel like he had a teammate helping out. It's possible that his teammate is just inactive or he realizes giving that impression will make him look better, but I feel okay about him right now
I liked Brian's posts last night because it reminded me of me in my first game here when I eventually just jumped in and voted for someone who was giving me weird feelings. Doesn't mean he has to be Town, but it made me feel pretty good about him for today.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
You mean this part?

I guess this didn't really feel that odd to me? Not really something I would point to yet as an alignment tell from Chugg, but I get where you're coming from. You find it odd that he would drop his vote from Reki, but I saw him looking for some interactions with them and then once he got it he dropped it. If anything I would point that he didn't vote for anyone else yet after that, but it's not much.
but like, can you even call that an interaction?
it was so nothing, it was practically an answering machine response. i just find it hard to believe chuggs got anything from that.

tho like, i agree that this aint much, its just wierd and weird is better to poke at then nothing and nothin is all i got else wise so why not poke here.

if he dies.

he dies.

Oct 25, 2017
oh hey youre here too chuggs.

sup.

im about to go sleep, and ill still be voting for you. sorry bout that i guess.

got any thing to say?

doesnt even have to be game related, could just be hello, hellos are nice.

Hello Stan.

I would rather not die because dying puts the un in fun, but I don't think I can change your mind at this point. I've said all I can.

Hope you sleep well, friend

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Would Not Vote Today:
Chugg
Turmoil
Mao
Verelios
Reki
Alexem
Brian

Not Very Active:
Soneji
Sparks (subbed out)

Would Vote Today:
Exodus
Ketkat
Stan

Exodus hasn't been giving us much to work with at all. Ketkat I feel like I haven't gotten any thoughts/reads on other players from her yet, mostly just questions and talk about game strategy and whatnot. Stan, well, I don't really buy his push on Chugg to be frank, feels a bit like he's just trying to find something to latch on to, especially if Chugg doesn't get voted out today so he has somewhere to continue pushing tomorrow.

Hopefully Soneji shows up to play some more before EoD, I suppose I probably wouldn't vote there just because if he doesn't make enough posts he'll get replaced. Then I would like to see who subs in for Sparks as well.

For now, I'm fine with my vote on Exodus.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be around for about another hour or so before I go to work, then I'll only be able to check in a few times before EoD.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
and no fucking thanks to any kind of leader position.

literally the one time i pushed for one i got it, only to be immediately murdered, and i did not take that well at ALL

Hello Stan.

I would rather not die because dying puts the un in fun, but I don't think I can change your mind at this point. I've said all I can.

Hope you sleep well, friend
...that makes it sound like you this dying is fun, not is not fun.

anyway thats a bummer but hey maybe the actual town leader will convince everyone im an idiot and youll live, pray to a copy of LiS to give em more power for it.

feels a bit like he's just trying to find something to latch on to,
that because it is, its literally that, iv said that several times now.
post that "deductive and shit sherlock" gif for me at yourself pls.

imma sleep now later nerds.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Sorry to be the pronoun cop, Stan, but Reki's pronouns are they and them.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the votes right now (of which there aren't that many), I will say that I am not going to be joining any wagons on Chugg or Alexem, I have no Scum reads on either of them yet.

I would consider the other ones though at this point.

One of these days, I'm going to make a game where anyone who doesn't vote in the first 24 hours gets modkilled on the spot... :P

----

Hopefully things don't get too active in here while I'm at work, I hope to be able to catch up on my phone and play somewhat before EoD during my breaks. I also have a meeting to go to directly at EoD and I'll need a bit to prepare for that first, so I'm probably not going to be here for the last 15 minutes or so of the day, but I will try to get a break in right before that.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Vote: Ketkat

I'm starting to notice a pattern with my D1 votes and am interested in pursuing it further.
What specific pattern were you referring to here, and if it is that you vote townies a lot as talked of later why would you want to pursue that further?

Ok, I'm bored so let's take a look at Mao's D1 votes from all of his games here so far.

D1 in LiS Mafia (as Town) he voted for Stan (Town), which was a gambit where he was trying to appear scummy due to his hella cool role.

D1 in Image Mafia (as Town) he voted for Monkey (Town) first, then switched to CaptainNuevo (Scum).

D1 in HvV 2 (as Scum) he voted for AB (Town) and then switched to Oliver (Town).

D1 in Death Stranding, he voted for Ketkat (Town), then Vincent (Town), then Meatwad (Scum), then Fran (Town).

So what's the pattern here?
This seems like fruitless busywork, it isn't attempting in any way to figure out Maol's alignment/intentions by guessing the pattern nor asking why Maol would want to pursue this pattern of voting.

So maol green checked kets is what I got
Why the jump to assuming it's ability based. Are n0 peeks common here?

Technically I tunnel on play that I think is scummy or at the very least, benefits scum. If that results in being a hound on one particular person, it's because their play reflects how scum would also play. I like to think if I am tunneling, it's well reasoned at least and I'm not ignoring the rest of the game.

I also like to watch how people attach themselves to my reads or vice versa. It becomes useful information down the line as those players start flipping. Keeping my reads list small and focused gives scum less options to work with in regards to me.
For as much talk as there has been of your playstyle and tunneling you have done barely any scumhunting this phase and just been commenting on general things.

Everyone not voting should place a vote already 👀
Not voting: Reki, Ketkat, Funky Dude Sparks, Soneji, exodus, 언이라브

I bet most or all of scum is hiding there

VOTE: Reki
Do you place a lot of value on vote analysis?

So are we gonna ride some trains or not

TheChuggernaut
What is the reasoning behind this vote?

Oh my, apologies then.

Are you considering to vote Fantomas?
No need, none of them were here or the old site so it's not like you could know. I have played mainly on NarutoForums my homesite, along with a varying amount of games on MafiaUniverse, The Millennium Forums and The Syndicate. Participated as a rep in both s2 and s6 of the Mafia Championship.

Vote is going to likely be on Fanto or turmoil at this time.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like fruitless busywork, it isn't attempting in any way to figure out Maol's alignment/intentions by guessing the pattern nor asking why Maol would want to pursue this pattern of voting.
Agreed, I was bored and wanted something to talk about.
Are n0 peeks common here?
No, he was just joking.
Vote is going to likely be on Fanto or turmoil at this time.
I love it. What do you think of Mao though, you were quoting/talking about some of his behavior here as well.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to mention how suspicious is that fanto and me are getting a free pass so far 👀

VOTE: Fantomas

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That you were never considering voting them isn't exactly a point in your favor in my eyes. You have no idea his alignment unless you're scum, so why not vote him when at that point he was the most suspicious player to you, given you hadn't FoS'd anyone else but him?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Good morning friends, frenemies, haters.
A lot of people say chuggs may not be the correct lunch but I don't see many votes settling for an alternative or creating a new one

Maybe because the folks with one vote are scum??

VOTE:Alexem
I was about to mention how suspicious is that fanto and me are getting a free pass so far 👀

You didn't even let that vote stew. What kind of prod was that? Did you get anything out of it or was it busywork?

Oct 25, 2017
Let's contradict my first serious post in the thread!

Vote: Ketkat

I did initially like that first post, but I feel like she has kind of melted away since then.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That you were never considering voting them isn't exactly a point in your favor in my eyes. You have no idea his alignment unless you're scum, so why not vote him when at that point he was the most suspicious player to you, given you hadn't FoS'd anyone else but him?

It's really just that I like playing with Chugg and dont want to vote him out this soon, that's all there is too it tbh.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love it. What do you think of Mao though, you were quoting/talking about some of his behavior here as well.
Mao hasn't done anything specifically pingy, but has been lacking on giving opinions on alignments or pushing anyone. They'd be my third option, and may move up based on their response to my questioning.

Oct 25, 2017
Scum Fanto can be dangerous, but so far he just seems like town Fanto. Again, keeping an eye on him, but I don't think he's scum right now

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how he plays so I'm placing experiences from people in the past that I've played IRL with. He might be coordinating a new strategy or he might actually not be scum I have zero clue. I'm probably reading into it too much.
Better to be thinking than coasting. While I've never played with scum Chuggs (probably) his actions fell on the level of weird I could understand from town chuggs early on.

I will say that I did find it mildly concerning how much Fanto was propping up Chuggs. This sudden train made me stip and think though.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Better to be thinking than coasting. While I've never played with scum Chuggs (probably) his actions fell on the level of weird I could understand from town chuggs early on.

I will say that I did find it mildly concerning how much Fanto was propping up Chuggs. This sudden train made me stip and think though.
Does that mean I should unvote then, aaaa I see him so weird.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I have wondered so far if Turmoil has seemed too keen to get a train going. That said, I know that I've come to wrong conclusions about him before, so I looked back at some of the past games where I've played against him or specced him. (So, in other words, I'm using meta again. I may have to re-think my stance on it.) Looking at Brexit 2 and Bill and Ted, he kept his options open on D1 there, but that was as town - I was thrown by him in Brexit 2 because of an unlucky voting trend after that. I specced scum Turmoil in Blarg Mafia, but that was a D2 lunch with one vote cast. So while I'm not taking it as concrete - I'm still not going all-in on meta - it does make me feel that his switching isn't out of character for him.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Chuggs and fanto defending each other so strongly is frankly weird, I don't think they are scummates here but I do think one of them is using the other for a easy strong town read

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really a strong defense. I'm not writing them off as a strong town read, but I do think that's a bad kill today