• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I've honed in on yourself, Fanto and turmoil as suspicious players and in the former two cases have gotten you to address my concerns/talk with me. turmoil ignored me outside of just talking about lack of suspicion toward himself and Fanto up till that point then joining me onto Fanto...kind of ignoring that creating wagons all around are a point of suspicion for him but the blatantness of it is at least usually a town tell. Still working out turmoil as a player to fully decide that one. Fanto gave quick answers that didn't seem ashamed of what would otherwise be kind of sketchy reasoning, so gives me better feelings there. As for yourself, you've thrown some shade my way with the trying to earn town cred lines, and twisted my words with my approach to activity of players which doesn't speak good to me.

VOTE: Maolfunction
So what are your thoughts on turmoil and Fanto leaning wise?

Turmoil has been odd to me for a while.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up, still fine with my vote, I dont have time to play as i normally would here or get into many conversations. If Scum lets me live to see the upcoming weekend phase, I will have plenty to say then based on rereading all of this stuff after we see our flip for the day.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in again before EoD, kind of busy today and have a meeting right at EoD.

If you have a question for me, now is the time to ask and if I can respond within 10 minutes then I will.

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up, still fine with my vote, I dont have time to play as i normally would here or get into many conversations. If Scum lets me live to see the upcoming weekend phase, I will have plenty to say then based on rereading all of this stuff after we see our flip for the day.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to check in again before EoD, kind of busy today and have a meeting right at EoD.

If you have a question for me, now is the time to ask and if I can respond within 10 minutes then I will.

Pretty much this too. Busy work day lol

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

exodus (3 votes)
Fantomas - #230
Alexem - #357
Maolfunction - #358

Ketkat (2 votes)
Maolfunction - #80 #358
TheChuggernaut - #338
turmoil7 - #373

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
Stantastic - #134
turmoil7 - #211 #305
Funky Dude Sparks - #212 #226
언이라브 - #275

Maolfunction (2 votes)
Soneji - #384
exodus - #397

Alexem (1 votes)
Verelios - #75
turmoil7 - #305 #335

Reki (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #182 #211
TheChuggernaut - #228 #262

Stantastic (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #54 #228
turmoil7 - #87 #103

Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #103 #182
Fantomas - #108 #230

Soneji (0 votes)
Alexem - #162 #357

언이라브 (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #61 #87

Fantomas (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #335 #373
Soneji - #336 #384

Verelios (0 votes)
Fantomas - #47 #108

Not voting: Reki, Ketkat, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 53 Fantomas: 53 Stantastic: 35 turmoil7: 33 Verelios: 29 Funky Dude Sparks: 27 Maolfunction: 26 Alexem: 24 언이라브: 15 Soneji: 13 exodus: 12 Zippedpinhead: 10 Reki: 9 Ketkat: 9

Current Countdown:
fo6me2pdoo

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
You're not voting there anymore, but Soneji talked quite a bit since your post. What do you think now? Personally the recent exchange with Maolfunction left a weird impression. Going for high-activity players like Fanto on D1 is weird unless they're openly suspicious, but that may as well be a thing of this particular community. Then the change to Mao for what's basically arguing over playstyles looks pretty unnecessary.
I see a lot of grand talk about tactics and play styles, but not a great deal else beyond a thought or two on Chuggs and defensiveness towards Mao. I do hope we see this excellent strategy pay off on D2 after all this build-up, otherwise I'll be quite disappointed.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For the record I have avoided voting for exodus because it feels like low hanging fruit

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean do what you will. I'm hosting a LAN for the weekend so I'm gonna be sporadically active for the next 3 days. =\

That being said, not that much is standing out to me day 1, aside from that odd train on Chuggs.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is that an issue on D1? Do you want low hanging fruit to keep hanging there deep into the game for scum to take advantage of?

Let's flip this. Do you want to provide scum who are incredibly active an opportunity to attempt to take over the conversation and steer things in a way that is favorable to their team?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why is that an issue on D1? Do you want low hanging fruit to keep hanging there deep into the game for scum to take advantage of?
I have been there being lunched on D1 with a dogpile on me and no contesting wagons, since I have been reluctant to make a wagon go out of control as it can hardly be reversed

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Let's flip this. Do you want to provide scum who are incredibly active an opportunity to attempt to take over the conversation and steer things in a way that is favorable to their team?
Why the presumption that scum is incredibly active and why do you think that I, knowing my alignment is town, would allow scum to control any conversations?

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You're not voting there anymore, but Soneji talked quite a bit since your post. What do you think now? Personally the recent exchange with Maolfunction left a weird impression. Going for high-activity players like Fanto on D1 is weird unless they're openly suspicious, but that may as well be a thing of this particular community. Then the change to Mao for what's basically arguing over playstyles looks pretty unnecessary.
I changed to Mao for their lack of hunting despite being around and for the twisting of my words to make my motivations look scummy in regards to post activity. It could look like just arguing over playstyles from the outside, but for me it's the tone within our conversation that has me gut reading them scum.

So what are your thoughts on turmoil and Fanto leaning wise?

Turmoil has been odd to me for a while.
turmoil is null leaning scum, Fanto slight town. turmoil seems like a pretty wildcard style player, which I historically have trouble reading.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the presumption that scum is incredibly active and why do you think that I, knowing my alignment is town, would allow scum to control any conversations?

I'm not presuming that scum is incredibly active, but the simple possibility that literally anyone in this game is capable of being scum right now. When you look at "low hanging fruit" or low activity posters you're essentially taking a conclusion and working backwards from it, ignoring possibilities that could provide help to scum.

A lot of people are already allowing scum to control the conversation right now as the focus is repeatedly being aimed at low activity posters with some people defending each other with very flimsy reasoning of "They'll be useful later on." Which is being used very selectively in this game as well as just not being an argument that has come up in the past.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not presuming that scum is incredibly active, but the simple possibility that literally anyone in this game is capable of being scum right now. When you look at "low hanging fruit" or low activity posters you're essentially taking a conclusion and working backwards from it, ignoring possibilities that could provide help to scum.

A lot of people are already allowing scum to control the conversation right now as the focus is repeatedly being aimed at low activity posters with some people defending each other with very flimsy reasoning of "They'll be useful later on." Which is being used very selectively in this game as well as just not being an argument that has come up in the past.
I'm controlling all conversation in the game right now, though. All of that conversation was started by me, why do you think scum is at all manipulating town when the only activity happening right now is centered on what I've been talking about.

The conclusion I'm working with is town typically lunches town on any given D1 and I want to lunch a player that leaves little to be desired from a town perspective.

You're also not voting and haven't all day, you plan on putting one down somewhere?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE:exodus

Exo, I'd love to play more with you but out of the current wagons you're the one that looks worse. Ketkat also has few posts - aware that's rich coming from me - but it feels like she has participated more in meaningful debate.

Already explained why Chuggs feels towny and found myself agreeing a lot with Mao over the last discussions. Tried to look elsewhere but there's nothing overly suspicious I could find.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm controlling all conversation in the game right now, though. All of that conversation was started by me, why do you think scum is at all manipulating town when the only activity happening right now is centered on what I've been talking about.

The conclusion I'm working with is town typically lunches town on any given D1 and I want to lunch a player that leaves little to be desired from a town perspective.

You're also not voting and haven't all day, you plan on putting one down somewhere?

That's what I mean by having a conclusion and working backwards. You aren't trying to aim for scum, but to remove obstacles that you think will get in the way of your own personal scum hunting. Town don't always hit scum Day 1, that's true. But, Day 1 is important at the very least because of the interactions and votes that it provides for us down the line. By aiming for low hanging fruit or people that are in the way, we're essentially skipping all of the potential that exists there and it does nothing except benefit scum. Scum are able to get a free flip with no consequences on any of the low activity people they start a train on, and they'll all have plausible deniability.

And yes, I'm going to put a vote down. Right now, I'm mostly leaning towards you, Fantomas, or Chuggernaut. I don't have strong feelings on most of the players in this game right now, but these interactions and defenses that exist don't feel like town plays to me.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I mean by having a conclusion and working backwards. You aren't trying to aim for scum, but to remove obstacles that you think will get in the way of your own personal scum hunting. Town don't always hit scum Day 1, that's true. But, Day 1 is important at the very least because of the interactions and votes that it provides for us down the line. By aiming for low hanging fruit or people that are in the way, we're essentially skipping all of the potential that exists there and it does nothing except benefit scum. Scum are able to get a free flip with no consequences on any of the low activity people they start a train on, and they'll all have plausible deniability.

And yes, I'm going to put a vote down. Right now, I'm mostly leaning towards you, Fantomas, or Chuggernaut. I don't have strong feelings on most of the players in this game right now, but these interactions and defenses that exist don't feel like town plays to me.
It is important, which is why I'm pushing people to either vote exodus, or somewhere else. Votes are valuable info down the line when scum start flipping. If they manage to stay off big wagons, or are reluctant to go for the low hanging fruit D1, that becomes obvious down the road as we get flips.

You keep thinking scum get a free flip because it's easy to hop on an easy wagon, but they almost never lead those wagons themselves because of how obvious they are.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure, I want some nonsense to happen

🔥

I think everyone is settling for exodus to be lunch tho
For the record I have avoided voting for exodus because it feels like low hanging fruit
I have been there being lunched on D1 with a dogpile on me and no contesting wagons, since I have been reluctant to make a wagon go out of control as it can hardly be reversed
Semantics

*truffleshuffle*
This entire series of posts gives me bad vibes. Like the kind where it's obvious these posts were made just to have something to say. It's simultaneously saying nothing while also sitting on the sidelines watching other people fight.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
The thing about D1 is that town outnumber scum, so law of averages means that there's a strong chance of mis-lunching, especially since there's no previous days' worth of interactions to go on. I think it's rare that a D1 vote is going to be much more than speculative in all honesty, but it's better to vote for a reason than vote 'just because'. I know my vote on exodus is, in all honesty, as risky as any other, but I had my reasons for doing so. Of course, it'll be disappointing if he flips town, but he's given his thoughts on Chuggs, Brian and Mao that can be taken into consideration going forward. Granted, they could be mistaken, but it's still something to think about rather than just getting him out of the way for the sake of getting him out of the way.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about D1 is that town outnumber scum, so law of averages means that there's a strong chance of mis-lunching, especially since there's no previous days' worth of interactions to go on. I think it's rare that a D1 vote is going to be much more than speculative in all honesty, but it's better to vote for a reason than vote 'just because'. I know my vote on exodus is, in all honesty, as risky as any other, but I had my reasons for doing so. Of course, it'll be disappointing if he flips town, but he's given his thoughts on Chuggs, Brian and Mao that can be taken into consideration going forward. Granted, they could be mistaken, but it's still something to think about rather than just getting him out of the way for the sake of getting him out of the way.
Are you talking about Reki?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I changed to Mao for their lack of hunting despite being around and for the twisting of my words to make my motivations look scummy in regards to post activity. It could look like just arguing over playstyles from the outside, but for me it's the tone within our conversation that has me gut reading them scum.

If not there, would you still vote Fanto?

You played in SU too, Ketkat. Do you think he reads like mafia!Chuggs this time?

Personally, my D1s are always amazing.

You had to ruin my argument, you meanie.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

exodus (4 votes)
Fantomas - #230
Alexem - #357
Maolfunction - #358
Reki - #421

Ketkat (2 votes)
Maolfunction - #80 #358
TheChuggernaut - #338
turmoil7 - #373

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
Stantastic - #134
turmoil7 - #211 #305
Funky Dude Sparks - #212 #226
언이라브 - #275

Maolfunction (2 votes)
Soneji - #384
exodus - #397

turmoil7 (1 votes)
Verelios - #425

Reki (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #182 #211
TheChuggernaut - #228 #262

Stantastic (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #54 #228
turmoil7 - #87 #103

Alexem (0 votes)
Verelios - #75 #425
turmoil7 - #305 #335

Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #103 #182
Fantomas - #108 #230

Soneji (0 votes)
Alexem - #162 #357

언이라브 (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #61 #87

Fantomas (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #335 #373
Soneji - #336 #384

Verelios (0 votes)
Fantomas - #47 #108

Not voting: Ketkat, Zippedpinhead

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 54 Fantomas: 53 turmoil7: 38 Stantastic: 35 Maolfunction: 32 Verelios: 32 Alexem: 27 Funky Dude Sparks: 27 언이라브: 15 Soneji: 14 Ketkat: 13 exodus: 13 Reki: 11 Zippedpinhead: 10

Current Countdown:
fo6me2pdoo

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Took my lunch, I'll be here for 20 minutes or so.

Vote:Ketkat

Lots of noise coming from her with very little actual opinions on players other than paranoia that the high post count players are Scum and taking advantage of the day, which feels like nothing but wild speculation to me.

Keep in mind I'm on mobile and am bad at typing on my phone, so I cannot do much quoting and whatnot.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also I just realized my phone is almost dead and my charger is back at my desk, fuck.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took my lunch, I'll be here for 20 minutes or so.

Vote:Ketkat

Lots of noise coming from her with very little actual opinions on players other than paranoia that the high post count players are Scum and taking advantage of the day, which feels like nothing but wild speculation to me.

Keep in mind I'm on mobile and am bad at typing on my phone, so I cannot do much quoting and whatnot.

Well dang, now it's just going to look like an OMGUS vote.

Vote: Fantomas

I have given opinions on players and this line of logic that you're using here feels disingenuous to the point that it does cement these negative feelings I've had about your play this day phase. You want to protect people who you think will be useful later in the game despite anything they might actually do right now, but at the same time you aren't willing to entertain the idea that this could be blinding you to scum or that aiming for low activity posters creates an easy vote for people to sit on without having to justify it.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Well dang, now it's just going to look like an OMGUS vote.

Vote: Fantomas

I have given opinions on players and this line of logic that you're using here feels disingenuous to the point that it does cement these negative feelings I've had about your play this day phase. You want to protect people who you think will be useful later in the game despite anything they might actually do right now, but at the same time you aren't willing to entertain the idea that this could be blinding you to scum or that aiming for low activity posters creates an easy vote for people to sit on without having to justify it.
Do you honestly expect Fanto to be lunched today? Are you just gonna sit off the contesting wagons then?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, let's flip that vote around. I'm suspicious of high post players because they are players in this game and the only alignment I know 100% is mine. But, you're more forgiving towards people who are resigned to hit town no matter what and want to take out low activity players?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Resigned? I'm playing the odds and going after a trending mafia tactic of not posting. Yes, I expect town, but even if they are, town loses very little while if you're wrong and Fanto is town, you've just killed one of the most active driving forces in the game.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang Kets going off-wagon instead of self defense against a wagon feels godamned townie

OTOH I fall for this every-single-time

VOTE:Fantomas

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I am here for 10 minutes on my phone and I cannot address everything that I am feeling on mobile right now, it's literally just too difficult for me.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you honestly expect Fanto to be lunched today? Are you just gonna sit off the contesting wagons then?

Breaking down those wagons, the votes on most of them are incredibly weak.

Most of the votes on Exodus are that he has primarily fluff posts and hasn't contributed much to the game, which is true of almost everyone in this game right now. It's Day 1, and not the most particularly active one either.

Chuggernaut has a prod vote still on him that wasn't removed, as well as one vote that's just about some "vibes".

The votes on Maol feel like they have the most reasoning behind them, but Soneji's could be seen as an OMGUS vote as the two were arguing back and forth for a bit about how anti-town the other feels.

The vote on Turmoil isn't really anything either and feels more like a jokey prod vote, although it came pretty late in the day.

I could gamble and vote on one of these for an attempt at self-preservation but no one has made a convincing argument anywhere that makes me feel worse about these people.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

Look we gotta work together, Exodus is a safe lynch for day 1, meets low post count, small game so better odds on the low post scum being caught.

Ketkat going off wagon could be town, could be meta-gaming, but I like it.

So
Vote: exodus