• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What I can say is that Kets play this phase has been antagonistic and starting arguments over things I feel are largely irrelevant. The tie also gets people to take a stance as we close in on EoD.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Took my lunch, I'll be here for 20 minutes or so.

Vote:Ketkat

Lots of noise coming from her with very little actual opinions on players other than paranoia that the high post count players are Scum and taking advantage of the day, which feels like nothing but wild speculation to me.

Keep in mind I'm on mobile and am bad at typing on my phone, so I cannot do much quoting and whatnot.

Ok Fanto, could you elaborate a bit on how Ketkat's contributions are worse than exo's? Like, I could see how that can be read as noise - I don't agree though - but exodus has barely commented on stuff for two days.

Being honest this looks crazy to pull off this close to EoD.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Everyone is voting! That's great news!

I don't want to vote for one of the top three posters day 1, just because I don't want to play a dead game.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I could see myself switching to Vere if we want to get wild.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Verelios

I maybe have time for one or two more posts.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I think Ketkat's gone up in my reading from her recent posts. My earlier concern was that she might have been trying to be evasive, so I feel better for hearing some more definite opinions from her.

Also: where the hell has this Vere train come from? If there's something I don't like, it's last minute trains.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that's all the EoD fun time for me, gotta get ready for this meeting. If I survive for the weekend phase I'll have plenty more to say.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think Ketkat's gone up in my reading from her recent posts. My earlier concern was that she might have been trying to be evasive, so I feel better for hearing some more definite opinions from her.

Also: where the hell has this Vere train come from? If there's something I don't like, it's last minute trains.
Its come from us wanting to make a completely wild theory.

All I've got from my four hours in the game is that 38 posts is very middle of the road for this day. Verelios was here 30 minutes ago, asking Reki a question, and then disappeared.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Pushing a train ten minutes before EoD for the sake of 'getting wild'? Nope, this is getting some serious side-eye from me.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest I don't appreciate last minute shenanigans, it's easier for mafia to get votes out of their temmates without looking suapsuspiciousicious.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Pushing a train ten minutes before EoD for the sake of 'getting wild'? Nope, this is getting some serious side-eye from me.
sure, but you gotta ask why, I gave my reasoning. I'm like 33% on exodus that they are even possible scum, let alone confirmed. about the same on my verelios vote, but crazy bandwagons tend to also help later when seeing who the votes match up with and who got lynched.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it makes no sense for Fanto and Zipped to be scum if exo is town. And if exo is scum, I also don't think they're his buddies because this would be an absurd risk.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest I don't appreciate last minute shenanigans, it's easier for mafia to get votes out of their temmates without looking suapsuspiciousicious.
yeah but you gotta defend them the next day. that's why scum bandwagon jumps have almost always led to scum getting lynched the next day. just gotta string those votes together on who wants to vote for who and who actually voted for who.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
13 players, broken into three different sections of activity.

High activity - Fantomas, The Chuggernaut, Turmoil7 and Maolfunction
Middle activity - Stantastic, Verelios, Alexem,
Low Activity - Me (I only had four hours), Ketkat, Soneji, Brian, Reki and exodus.

Day 1 Ends

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
There was a lot of noise in the sorting office from almost all the boxes, except... for one.

"Why aren't you talking?", spoke up one of the boxes, "Don't you think your input matters?"

The little box just looked curiously, but it's silence remained.

"Fine then! If you aren't going to talk, then it's off with your tape!", yelled another box.

And so, the boxes crowded around the quiet box and begun to hit themselves against it to try to damage one of the sides so that the tape would be easier to destroy.

10 mins passed and all that is left of the quiet box is strewn pieces of cardboard, tape and its contents - a kitten plush that you squeeze the paw to make it talk. Now without a box, without an owner - doomed to be stuck forever.

exodus has died

Welcome, exodus! You're a Vanilla Townie!

You are a Plain Box just trying to get by in life. You can't do much of course… because you're plain. But you still try to do your best as the plainest box of them all.

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

DAY 2 STARTS:

vz25j8x1dn

Night Commands should be in 2 hours before day start.

DAY 2 BEGINS
OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
The dawn of a new day begins. It is raining outside the sorting office in the land of Boxtopia.

Of course the boxes are water proof in Boxtopia so rain is A-OK.

Two boxes however have disappeared. Where did they go?

As the boxes hunt, they come across the shattered remains of one box. Found at the end of a metal cutting machine. Despite the fact that the box is a box, and not a metal box, just a box. The other boxes found it odd.

Looking through the remains of the box however shows metal pieces of a gun left laying there. Yes, the contents of the box was no more just like the box itself.

Alexem has died

Welcome, Alexem! You're a 1-Shot Vigilante!
You are a very discrete Plain Box. You look like any other plain box except you can get one shot off at others. You feel like it is your moral obligation to shoot one of those damned coloured boxes trying to wipe out the plain boxes!

Abilities:
Once at night, you may select a player in the game to target for a nightkill.

Ability Command:
KILL: [Player]

Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

*cough cough* came a sound from nearby. Another box is hurt

"No, we already lost one, we don't need to lose another one my box friend ;_;"

*cough cough* "I'm sorry, but I have to go now. Don't cry for me my dears for I shall go to a better place!"

As the boxes mourned over another lost comrade, a few opened the now dead box and checked the contents: A Sword Art Online Light Novel by Reki Kawahara

Reki has died

Welcome, Reki! You're a Vanilla Townie!

You are a Plain Box just trying to get by in life. You can't do much of course… because you're plain. But you still try to do your best as the plainest box of them all.

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win Condition:

One box finally spoke up after several minutes of silence

Let's begin with yet another... CLASS BOX TRIAL

DAY 2 BEGINS

DAY 2 ENDS:

38tik6id1v

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You smell that? It's the smell of a weekend phase! I can actually play!!!

Ok, so I was playing Death Stranding last night, but I still set aside some time today to look back on some things and make a usual pre-typed post to start the day.

-----

I took a look at the vote tool and tried to spot some, in my opinion, sketchy or uncomfortable votes, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to Scum hunt during any night phase.

Vere's vote on Turmoil felt really sketchy to me. It felt more like someone searching for a place to put a vote and more like he was trying to appear like a good busy little Scum hunter rather than actually being one, it just didn't feel natural to me at all. This was one of the main reasons I switched my vote to Vere at EoD yesterday, though I was pressed for time and on my phone so I couldn't go back and quote it and make my case at the time.

Stan's vote on Chugg was a joke vote that he later justified as a legit vote, which sticks out to me because it's an early vote that never moved. His strongest feeling was an interaction that Chugg had with Reki where he voted for them, they responded, and then Chugg unvoted based on the response.

Alexem's vote for Exodus felt like he was trying to establish that as a viable wagon after I had voted there and no one joined me for a while. Others mentioned that Exodus felt like low hanging fruit, so I could see why a Scum player would feel like that was a safe place to put a vote on D1 and not move it, while also throwing shade towards people who were moving their votes elsewhere at EoD, which is something Alexem was doing.

Feel free to ask me about any other votes and my thoughts on them, these are just the main ones that stuck out to me.

------

Now, as for where my Town leans are at the moment, Chugg is looking pretty Townie to me. I still think Turmoil seems pretty Townie here. Soneji is up there as well, I'm looking forward to some more interactions with him today. Brian still seems Townish to me. Ketkat is probably Town because in hindsight I feel like she would try to coast and lay low more if she was Scum, or at least not get into as many arguments, go against the grain, and stick out as much as she was on D1 (though I admit this is entirely Meta and she could very well be aware of it too, so WIFOM as well).

More towards the nullish zone, Reki is probably fine, but worthy of some suspicion. Their Exodus vote seemed to be on the up and up, but it also would have been a fine time to vote there as Scum to solidify that wagon. For now I'm not too concerned but I'll be keeping an eye on them. Zipped's behavior at EoD seemed Townie, but that's actually why I don't trust him yet, I feel like I'll get a better soul read on my former lover eventually (for those who don't get the reference, Zipped and I were partners in Love Boat 3). Mao I need to watch more and talk to, his vote on Exodus is worthy of some suspicion I think.

So, to put that all in a TLDR list form:

Townish Thoughts:
Chugg
Turmoil
Soneji
Brian
Ketkat

Nullish Thoughts:
Reki
Zipped
Mao

Scummish Thoughts:
Vere
Stan
Alexem

-----

For now, I'd like to pick up where I left off at EoD yesterday.

Here was the wind up to his vote on Turmoil:
You didn't even let that vote stew. What kind of prod was that? Did you get anything out of it or was it busywork?
So what are your thoughts on turmoil and Fanto leaning wise?

Turmoil has been odd to me for a while.
And the pitch:
This entire series of posts gives me bad vibes. Like the kind where it's obvious these posts were made just to have something to say. It's simultaneously saying nothing while also sitting on the sidelines watching other people fight.
Vote:Turmoil7

Give me a reason not to light you up.
What the hell was up with this vote on Turmoil at EoD yesterday, Vere? Where were your thoughts on the other players up for the vote? You mentioned Chugg at one point, kind of waffling on whether you thought he was Town or not, but nothing on Exodus, Ketkat, Mao, or myself?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I was wrong about Alexem it looks like.

I'm on my way home now, had that saved as a draft since I knew I'd be out for a bit. I'll be around to chat soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Fanto, Zipped, and Turmoil are probably all town.

There is no reason for scum to pull that shit especially because we know Exodus was town

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You smell that? It's the smell of a weekend phase! I can actually play!!!

Ok, so I was playing Death Stranding last night, but I still set aside some time today to look back on some things and make a usual pre-typed post to start the day.

-----

I took a look at the vote tool and tried to spot some, in my opinion, sketchy or uncomfortable votes, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to Scum hunt during any night phase.

Vere's vote on Turmoil felt really sketchy to me. It felt more like someone searching for a place to put a vote and more like he was trying to appear like a good busy little Scum hunter rather than actually being one, it just didn't feel natural to me at all. This was one of the main reasons I switched my vote to Vere at EoD yesterday, though I was pressed for time and on my phone so I couldn't go back and quote it and make my case at the time.

Stan's vote on Chugg was a joke vote that he later justified as a legit vote, which sticks out to me because it's an early vote that never moved. His strongest feeling was an interaction that Chugg had with Reki where he voted for them, they responded, and then Chugg unvoted based on the response.

Alexem's vote for Exodus felt like he was trying to establish that as a viable wagon after I had voted there and no one joined me for a while. Others mentioned that Exodus felt like low hanging fruit, so I could see why a Scum player would feel like that was a safe place to put a vote on D1 and not move it, while also throwing shade towards people who were moving their votes elsewhere at EoD, which is something Alexem was doing.

Feel free to ask me about any other votes and my thoughts on them, these are just the main ones that stuck out to me.

------

Now, as for where my Town leans are at the moment, Chugg is looking pretty Townie to me. I still think Turmoil seems pretty Townie here. Soneji is up there as well, I'm looking forward to some more interactions with him today. Brian still seems Townish to me. Ketkat is probably Town because in hindsight I feel like she would try to coast and lay low more if she was Scum, or at least not get into as many arguments, go against the grain, and stick out as much as she was on D1 (though I admit this is entirely Meta and she could very well be aware of it too, so WIFOM as well).

More towards the nullish zone, Reki is probably fine, but worthy of some suspicion. Their Exodus vote seemed to be on the up and up, but it also would have been a fine time to vote there as Scum to solidify that wagon. For now I'm not too concerned but I'll be keeping an eye on them. Zipped's behavior at EoD seemed Townie, but that's actually why I don't trust him yet, I feel like I'll get a better soul read on my former lover eventually (for those who don't get the reference, Zipped and I were partners in Love Boat 3). Mao I need to watch more and talk to, his vote on Exodus is worthy of some suspicion I think.

So, to put that all in a TLDR list form:

Townish Thoughts:
Chugg
Turmoil
Soneji
Brian
Ketkat

Nullish Thoughts:
Reki
Zipped
Mao

Scummish Thoughts:
Vere
Stan
Alexem

-----

For now, I'd like to pick up where I left off at EoD yesterday.

Here was the wind up to his vote on Turmoil:

And the pitch:

What the hell was up with this vote on Turmoil at EoD yesterday, Vere? Where were your thoughts on the other players up for the vote? You mentioned Chugg at one point, kind of waffling on whether you thought he was Town or not, but nothing on Exodus, Ketkat, Mao, or myself?
I explained the vote right in the post you quoted, are you confused about something?

And in which ways does Turmoil seem towny?

Oct 25, 2017
I still have good feelings about Brian. That just come across as town to me.

That leaves me with:

Mao
Soneji
Stan
Vere
Ketkat

Of these 5, I have okay feels about Mao and Soneji. Still keeping in eye on them, but they both feel town to me right now.

And that leaves me with Vere, Stan, and Ketkat as the pool I want to kill today

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
You're confused about me actually playing the game and not joining a train? Otherwise, are you disagreeing with the post?
I do disagree with your reasoning as well, yes. Nothing about those posts from Turmoil felt scummy to me, it seemed to me like you were prepping for a Turmoil vote for a while, and then went through with it, it felt like a forced progression and not very natural to me.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I still have good feelings about Brian. That just come across as town to me.

That leaves me with:

Mao
Soneji
Stan
Vere
Ketkat

Of these 5, I have okay feels about Mao and Soneji. Still keeping in eye on them, but they both feel town to me right now.

And that leaves me with Vere, Stan, and Ketkat as the pool I want to kill today
Yeah, I would maybe replace Ket with Mao though. I want to get some more out of Mao today hopefully, and my current view of how Ket was playing yesterday puts her more on the "why would Scum stick out their neck and be this brazen on D1" line of thinking personally. Any thoughts on that?