• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
https://gonintendo.com/stories/298032-mini-metro-confirmed-for-switch-releasing-early-2018
We've been huge fans of the minimalist aesthetic and design of Mini Metro since it was first revealed to the world, and we are honoured to be teaming up with our friends at Dinosaur Polo Club to bring the experience to the Nintendo Switch platform. The game looks as gorgeous on your TV as it does when cradled between the Joy Cons, and you'll find it even more awesome to play.

We've been having a great time making the game the best it can be on the platform, and we're excited that this secret is finally out! We've cleverly hidden another big bag of Mini Metro secrets around here somewhere, though. You'll be hearing a lot more from us soon, as soon as we remember where we put it.

The gorgeous aesthetic, procedurally generated soundtrack, and amazing gameplay of Mini Metro will be available on the Nintendo Switch in early 2018. Jump on our mailing list if you want early-access to our next Mini Metro announcement!

Oct 27, 2017
A3DaijY.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, another good fit for the system. I wonder how well it controls with a controller since It feels perfectly suited to mouse/touch controls.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine playing on a controller. That could be awkward once you have a lot of stations going. Though I'm sure they'll include touch.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most relaxing games to look at in the world, can't wait to finally get stuck into this with the Switch release

mini-metro-nyc-subway-.gif

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I saw that Poly Bridge is on the eShop, which is another game I loved on PC. Will get both on Switch.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, game is great! Curious how the controls will work though, I can't imagine playing it with analog sticks.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ehhh...I have the mobile game. I could never figure it out. I'd rather not have all these mobile games on the Switch eshop.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing game. Love playing it on Macbook when I'm travelling. It's perfect for short sessions when you have a spare half hour.

Arsebiscult

Nov 15, 2017
My first car was one of them. I had it six months before somebody rear ended me at a set of traffic lights which was enough to write it off - I wasn't sorry to see it go.

Lol my first car was a Ford Fiesta mark 1 popular plus, not that much better, the widescreen washer was powered by a foot pump near the pedals I kid you not!

Oct 25, 2017
Yet another game I held off from on PC in hopes of a Switch port. Hope it has a good hybrid controller/touch solution. I found out by way of Human Resource Machine that I actually prefer the Switch (for the comfort of its form factor and the way it handles suspending) over tablets or phones for touch-only games with depth and long, continuous tasks.

smash_robot

Oct 27, 2017
Lol my first car was a Ford Fiesta mark 1 popular plus, not that much better, the widescreen washer was powered by a foot pump near the pedals I kid you not!
You don't get shit cars like that now-a-days. WD40 for any day with a hint of damp, card board placed on the drive to stop oil leaking everywhere, and dealing with the backfires when you've left the bloody choke on 6ms too long.

Arsebiscult

Nov 15, 2017
You don't get shit cars like that now-a-days. WD40 for any day with a hint of damp, card board placed on the drive to stop oil leaking everywhere, and dealing with the backfires when you've left the bloody choke on 6ms too long.

Yes, the only sad thing is our local mechanic (he's called Mike Haynes - fab name for his trade: Used to nick name him Mike and the Mechanic or Mr Haynes Manual ) MOTed and serviced all our cars until all the damn things turned electronic and require a laptop and USB to even look at the damn car, unfortunately he retired from his business early, just got fed up with it all... and these bloody dealers charge you hundreds of pounds just to plug the laptop in to run a diagnostic and reprogram lol...

smash_robot

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the only sad thing is our local mechanic (he's called Mike Haynes - fab name for his trade: Used to nick name him Mike and the Mechanic or Mr Haynes Manual ) MOTed and serviced all our cars until all the damn things turned electronic and require a laptop and USB to even look at the damn car, unfortunately he retired from his business early, just got fed up with it all... and these bloody dealers charge you hundreds of pounds just to plug the laptop in to run a diagnostic and reprogram lol...
Yeah, I think haynes manuals stopped being published for this for this very reason.

Fortunately, one of my neighbours is a mechanic and has a device that reads these things- he's usually happy to tell me why the engine light is on and clear the error rather than go down the dealer and get charged god knows what for 2 minutes work.

zenspider

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Heard really good things about this game on the Idle Thumbs podcast like forever ago.

What's the price? Touchscreen support?