• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Moonclan Grots are next for Age of Sigmar:

Godsworn Hunt for Warhammer Underworlds:

BloodGloryReveals-Nov2-DarkoathWarband15yv.jpg

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I like the tribal look. I didn't watch the video but when I first saw then teased I thought they'd be a tribe dedicated to the worship of Khorne. Out of all the new warbands for this season this may be the first I pick up.

I've got a great start for cars for Gaslands.

QFPk2Tk.jpg

Great mix of small and large sportscars, some great trucks and an SUV, and a couple of oddballs here and there like the hotrod and classic truck. The 18 wheeler was a good find although the car it came with isn't great. And the helicopter may see some play as I get more used to the rules.

I'm really excited about the Mini Cooper, Dodge Durango, and the Mustang police cruiser. That should be enough for one team to start with.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Zombie Giant complete! Loved this model! Not only is he an undead giant, but he doubles as Finarton in my antihero team "The Twilight Alliance".

r2J6Apg.jpg

04EH8AR.jpg

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Whoa, forgot there was a community on ERA.

I'm seriously considering getting an airbrush in the next couple weeks. I'm a big fan of Angel Giraldez's work and it seems like airbrushing allows all kinds of techniques and generally speedier painting that just isn't possible with brushes alone.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've been taking a little break from painting post-AoP (and with Red Dead coming out...) but I really need to get my arse back into gear and get a bunch of my Mechanicus done otherwise I'll never get onto finishing my Nids, Blood Angels or even starting my GSC

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
So is there any speculation about the Night Goblin stuff? A repackage of the old stuff mostly? New sculpts? Whatever it is I am mostly going between a Brayherd or Night Goblins for a project next year.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
If I have one wish it would be a new plastic Cave Squig set. The resin ones are so old by this point and although they do have a certain retro charm they are really lacking detail when you put them side by side to other Moonclan models.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I have been very good about not buying every mini that I want. Sticking to these large board game projects I have been doing has actually been quite good for my wallet at the end of the day. I know I literally have my painting hobby planned out until 2020. I still want Necromunda (and every gang), Kill team (and every team), Blood Bowl (and every team), and Blackstone Fortress. But I've been sticking to my original plans extremely well.

Oct 25, 2017
Recently got inspired to start working on some of my models again. Here are some dwarves from Massive Darkness that are complete aside from basing. (Sorry for rotated images. Not sure why I can't get them to be vertical. Abload seems to want to rotate them randomly no matter how I upload them.)

Last edited:

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Warhammer Underworlds - Shadespire

It is the base game kit. Comes with those 3 folks and 5 chaos doods.

I believe you can purchase them outside of the main game box.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
As was said, you can also now buy them outside of the core Shadespire set. I believe they retail for $30.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Finished my Twilight Alliance anti hero group by adding Spearhead. He will also be part of my all black hero team, so I'm posting the progress on that team as well. He is supposed to be an homage to the boys from Mad Max Fury Road, but I went an entirely different direction with him and I think the mini is better for it TBH.

mE2rn9T.jpg
6i7vymJ.jpg
TBhN7eT.jpg

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Whoa, forgot there was a community on ERA.

I'm seriously considering getting an airbrush in the next couple weeks. I'm a big fan of Angel Giraldez's work and it seems like airbrushing allows all kinds of techniques and generally speedier painting that just isn't possible with brushes alone.

I've wanted to buy an airbrush for ages. I rarely have time to paint nowadays, so speeding up the priming and basing would be fantastic.

But I've never gone through with the purchase as I live in a small flat with my girlfriend. We don't have a spare room or 'office' style room to set one up in. Don't fancy trying to airbrush in the bedroom or our living room. Don't have an outside area to spray prime either, so I just prime by brush now.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
omg that Spearhead is amazing

Thanks. That means more than you know. When I had the base colors on him I was like "well, this looks like garbage". I kept going and messed up his 3rd skin highlight pretty badly and had to dial it back because he was super orange looking. Honestly, only once his skull was painted on did the whole thing come together.

And I love the black team. I have 4 more black characters to paint and I think they'll look great standing together as a group. The stats are good too, but I think 3/7 have Jump as a primary skill which is kind of lame. My Twilight Alliance group is hard as nails too. I really look forward to getting them on the table.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I've wanted to buy an airbrush for ages. I rarely have time to paint nowadays, so speeding up the priming and basing would be fantastic.

But I've never gone through with the purchase as I live in a small flat with my girlfriend. We don't have a spare room or 'office' style room to set one up in. Don't fancy trying to airbrush in the bedroom or our living room. Don't have an outside area to spray prime either, so I just prime by brush now.

Yeah, I get it. I've got a whole house to myself so thankfully that's not an issue. The noise isn't too bad but you do need room to stretch out. The compressor doesn't make nearly as much noise as the ventilated spray booth I bought, but overall it's not terribly loud. Still learning how to use the brush but so far applying primer is much smoother and faster than I could ever do with a brush. Looking forward to attempting some layering next.

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, I get it. I've got a whole house to myself so thankfully that's not an issue. The noise isn't too bad but you do need room to stretch out. The compressor doesn't make nearly as much noise as the ventilated spray booth I bought, but overall it's not terribly loud. Still learning how to use the brush but so far applying primer is much smoother and faster than I could ever do with a brush. Looking forward to attempting some layering next.

Out of curiosity what airbrush and compressor did you buy?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Out of curiosity what airbrush and compressor did you buy?

I went with the Iwata Neo and a cheap little compressor I found on Harbor Freight.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004INERK4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5kX7BbEH6X64H

http://www.harborfreight.com/16-hp-58-psi-oilless-airbrush-compressor-60329.html

For the price I don't think I could have done better. The Neo is a great little starter brush that's relatively easy to clean and the compressor does its job. A no frills, plug-and-play setup.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Great work as usual. Did you just forehand the blood splatter above the eye or is there a technique

Tamiya X-27 gets a little thick and wonky when it starts to dry. I fidgeted with it a little too long before using it as spattered blood and it flew off the brush in weird ways lol. I consider that a happy accident. I could recreate the effect again. It would just take a little time and testing on a paper plate before applying to a model.

I really love that zombie giant and consider him one of the best things I have ever painted. There is so much to look at and every tiny experiment I did turned out right. I think I offhandedly tried 3-4 new techniques on him. Techniques I made up along the way, so I was very happy they worked!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I've been pretty busy painting Zombicide Heroes. I have completed a Red & Blue team. Each one is complete with 4 melee, 1 caster, and 1 ranged. Furthermore, they each have 3 male and 3 females because I love symmetry so much lol. The "team" thing is just a way to keep motivated painting so many heroes. I have to admit that I am surprised that I have never seen the concept of a unified color scheme for a team in all my years of browsing Zombicide stuff throughout the years! I still have 44 more heroes to go before that part of the project is completed.

Then I have another black character who will join my all black team, as well as the orc dude who is going to join an monster group aptly named "The Monster Squad". That orc is a story! He sat in front of me with a base coat for almost 2 months. I hated all the colors I chose. I was going to reprime him black and start over. Then I started thinking about how all these Zombicide minis are basically practice for me and decided to fix him instead of redoing him. I kept all of the original colors, but proceeded to use washes, inks, and lots of layers to change them more in line with what I wanted. By the end of his journey, I went from hating him to loving him. It was a very fun experience and a unique one for me and this hobby.

2XltoUz.jpg
AhEgOVl.jpg
rjNUnm7.jpg
YuHOec5.jpg

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Man, those look good and yeah that orc is really cool looking, SillyEskimo ! Also that giant zombie, love the rusted armor! Ohnonono that model looks sweet, what's it from?

Here's a bunch of stuff I've worked on over the last month or so:

CsdWpD8l.jpg

6qJyEgOl.jpg

1Z0XHh9l.jpg

d3a9Gugl.jpg

3gGkX9fl.jpg

DG2LJkjl.jpg

The mushroom men and the Cat Person were commissions for a friend and I actually did a little more work on them past what is shown in the pictures, but I guess I never took any pictures of them completed. Mushroom men were basically done, just painted their bases with random cave colors and touched up the eyes I think but the Cat Person I gave a really nice fancy base to-kinda wish I had the pics of it. I'm still planning on doing something with that wizard at the end there....just feels like he needs more.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
cgVo17k.jpg

Working on my GHOULS!! GHOULSSSS!!!

This is relevant to my interests right now. I have a zombie dragon to paint and I am struggling with a color scheme. I love and prefer a bright, colorful look to my minis. However, the size of the dragon means I can deviate from that look a bit and possible do something a bit more "realistic". I'm torn between the two. So please keep us updated on the progress of yours.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Man, those look good and yeah that orc is really cool looking, SillyEskimo ! Also that giant zombie, love the rusted armor! Ohnonono that model looks sweet, what's it from?

Here's a bunch of stuff I've worked on over the last month or so:

CsdWpD8l.jpg

6qJyEgOl.jpg

1Z0XHh9l.jpg

d3a9Gugl.jpg

3gGkX9fl.jpg

DG2LJkjl.jpg

The mushroom men and the Cat Person were commissions for a friend and I actually did a little more work on them past what is shown in the pictures, but I guess I never took any pictures of them completed. Mushroom men were basically done, just painted their bases with random cave colors and touched up the eyes I think but the Cat Person I gave a really nice fancy base to-kinda wish I had the pics of it. I'm still planning on doing something with that wizard at the end there....just feels like he needs more.

Your mushroom men are on point! I especially like the green one with the purple wash.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
It's a Terrorghiest with a Ghoul King on top, from Games Workshop's Age of Sigmar.

Also here is a space wolf. On a wolf. w o l f.

Your painting is not technical, and I love that. You have definitely found your own unique style and it suits your miniatures extremely well. More people should work on developing their own style instead of trying to imitate what they see elsewhere!

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
Your painting is not technical, and I love that. You have definitely found your own unique style and it suits your miniatures extremely well. More people should work on developing their own style instead of trying to imitate what they see elsewhere!

Have had enough art schooling to know that I can do anything with enough time... so better to just do what I want! Also any REALLY nice miniature has subtle color work that is super hard to develop without just painting the damn thing and being weird.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The Marquis is finished! He's a Sexy MFer from the Green Horde Kickstarter who is ready to Purple Rain down blows with his Swordmaster/Jump blue skills. Playing this character will be a Beautiful Experience thanks to his Born Leader yellow skill and melee-centric red skills!
I painted his purple outfit to look like velour, and I think I pulled the look of quite well. I painted him off and on throughout the day between video game breaks. Lots of detail on this guy. He looks fabulous in the cabinet next to the various other heroes, which is exactly what I wanted.

c1N6UsZ.jpg
4JKhbyn.jpg

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A good friend of mine's uncle used to be quite high up in Games Workshop, but retired some years ago.
I've not met the guy yet, but my bud has got him the Bugman's Bar dwarf mini from Warhammer World and has asked me to paint it up for him to give at Xmas.

Pressure!!!

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
That Prince mini came out really good! I like how you made the purple fabric look. I went to Pax Unplugged last weekend and the GW booth had Warhammer World exclusive stuff, but I legit had no idea what that was. I know it all felt a bit too expensive for what the models were, though, so I passed on em. Are they hard to come by?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Here are some Zombicide NPCs (Notoriously Plagued Characters). They are painted bright and ostentatious compared to the standard browns/leathers of the standard zombies for gameplay reasons. These paint up super fast and are quite a blast to paint. I have 9 more from Box 1 to complete and another 20 from Box 2.

gcMQYWn.jpg
aDbal0z.jpg
2LOx0LS.jpg

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I have a general question for you guys about washes.

I'm using citadel washes. So I painted a giant group of aliens in the game Jupiter Rescue.
I painted them purple.. I noticed after painting that a couple of them appeared shinier than the others and were a lighter shade of purple, despite using the same paint. I'm thinking these ones maybe have had more water in the brush or in the paint... Or possibly I didn't shake the paint up well enough for those ones? What do you think?? This is before using the wash, btw.

Anyway, I discovered when washing, that the wash barely stuck to these shiny lighter ones. It was as though they were water proof in a way, and the shade dried in the most horrible blotches... The others came out quite different with a much more even spread. Like I said, it's as though the wash wasn't sticking to the paint, the effect was something almost like droplets on a water proof material, or at least to some extent..

Was hoping someone with more experience could let me in on my error. I'm using vallejo paints and haven't painted in years (had a baby) so they just sat for the longest time, though I was sure I gave it a nice long shake... perhaps not? And again, could it have been paint that had more water in it? There may have been a few times when I rinsed the brush and lifted remaining paint from the palette.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
My guess is that the glossy texture prevented the wash from sticking. It's also why in model building you often gloss cost then recess and/or pin wash because the wash will flow into the recesses more easily.

Now, why you have one set that came out glossy and the others didn't is beyond me. My guess is the pigment and water may have separated and they didn't mix properly after a good shake but I can't be certain.