• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that one's way better than the one I use! And cheap too, so I'll just buy it. D:

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just used Bitzbox for the first time to put together a Deathwatch Veteran, I figured it was about time to paint a Space Marine! Came out to a tenner for everything to create one model which isn't too bad, hopefully he'll look as cool as he does in my head lol.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just finished my Malignant Plaguecaster:

I really want a proper camera, my £99 Moto G5 just doesn't do the job, it's very hard to pick up a lot of the highlights I did in the photo.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Nice looking guts with just the right sheen - a proper Nurgle's boy.

Thanks. I have to say he was the most challenging miniature to date, my next one will be much easier as I plan to paint my first ever Space Marine! It's the one I mentioned earlier from Bitzbox, it came the other day and I put him together, he's currently primed and ready to go. I think it'll be nice to paint something a little less complex as I'm very slow, so these big units take forever.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still new to the hobby, so excuse me if this is a very ignorant question! My coworker gave me a bunch of unassembled Space Marine miniatures for me to paint, but since he has already used a few pieces for himself, I'm missing some arms and weapons. Is there a way to get these extra pieces? The arms/guns are the only things needed in order for me to complete the assembly, and I'd hate to throw the models away since they're otherwise completed. Every figurine I paint is still a new learning experience for me, so I hope these are still usable!

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Are they primaris or regular tactical marines?
Tacticals will be very easy to get arms for, primaris less so but still possible.

What country are you located in? I'm sure somebody here will have some spare tactical arms they can part with. If you're UK I'll send you a bunch

Handsomejan

Dec 4, 2018
Hi! I am Jan from Germany and out of the whole hobby for about 20 years.

I really liked the painting part so i just bought some paints and unassembled miniatures from ebay and will start the journey again.

Hope i can get my five years of painting from the 90s back in no time. I just have experience with games workshop related stuff but i saw so much new stuff from other companys i never heard before. It is so exciting. Any tips for a new old guy would be appreciated ✌

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Excuse the potato-cam quality, but I'm almost halfway through painting up Blackstone Fortress, so I thought I'd get some pictures up as it's been a while!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I post on so many miniature and board game themed Facebook pages that I immediately looked for a like button for your pics Mikeside, lol. I really like the transition of blue to purple on that alien's hands!

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
lol I do the same thing!
Thanks :) The Ur Ghuuls were the first thing I painted from this set because they seemed nice and simple. I've got the traitor guard to do next, which finishes off the baddies. Quite intimidating as they're pretty detailed and there are 14 of the fuckers, then it's onto the Ambull and the player characters!

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Those are looking pretty cool! I want to pick up the Ambull model to use as some kind of gigantic Umber Hulk in my D&D game, but I can't really justify the price considering I don't own Blackstone Fortress haha. Here's a few minis I've painted lately!

mR9FNPUl.jpg

This owlbear was really simple to paint. Just did a zenithal prime job and then pretty much used a chestnut ink and a sepia ink for most of his body.
TNm4wBjl.jpg

HVGMyXZl.jpg

This troll from Warhammer Underworlds was pretty fun. Lot's of cool stuff going on with the model. I've since touched up the skulls on his base, and filled in a couple of smaller details that I missed when taking this picture.
j6GzzI4l.jpg

cTVLMVxl.jpg

I painted this guy up as a birthday gift for a friend. First time using Scale 75 metallics and I really liked them!
xjA82fVl.jpg

WzyPxRUl.jpg

This guy was fun. Takes up a lot of room due to his tentacles. The eye was fun to work on, also. Took my knowledge I learned from all the eyes on the Beholder, feeling pretty confident about most eyes now. At least as long as the surface for them is large enough, haha.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
A new wargaming centre just popped up 30mins from where I live, set up by a local group of Age of Sigmar players - seems like a good time for me to get back into AoS then! Bought one of the new Dankhold Troggoths and a Start Collecting Beastclaw Raiders set :D

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
A new wargaming centre just popped up 30mins from where I live, set up by a local group of Age of Sigmar players - seems like a good time for me to get back into AoS then! Bought one of the new Dankhold Troggoths and a Start Collecting Beastclaw Raiders set :D

AOS is really fun. It is just a tiny bit lighter than 40K (less shooting does this) and plays very smooth.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
mVo7HAB.jpg

F0E1Liv.jpg

Finished off Princess Ayla, one of the most OP characters in Zombicide Black Plague. It was a nice change of pace because I have been knocking out simple zombies all month. I believe I have around 40-50 miniatures painted so far this month, which is like overdrive for me.

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You've really knocked that Wonder Woman aesthetic right outta the park, great job!

I finished painting Blackstone Fortress last night! All I need to do is drybrush the bases on the last 7 traitor guard when I get home and they'll be done & I can get some snaps taken of the complete set!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
You've really knocked that Wonder Woman aesthetic right outta the park, great job!

I finished painting Blackstone Fortress last night! All I need to do is drybrush the bases on the last 7 traitor guard when I get home and they'll be done & I can get some snaps taken of the complete set!

Now that is one hell of an accomplishment.

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sorry for the image spam, but here you go!

These were all quickpainted. Whole job took me between one and two weeks - I'm mostly very happy with them all, with a few bugbears. Looking forward to future expansions! I'm really hoping to be able to add some plague marines and thousand sons to the mix at some point!

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
On paint racks, which one do you use guys? I've freed some space on the shelf next to my paint zone and it would be nice to get one.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, what you call quickpainting I call a damn fine paintjob. Love those!

Edit : Ahahahah!

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Skoll crosses over into the finished pile. I think this guy is one of, if not the most powerful characters in the game. He has Regeneration in blue, Reaper:Melee/Super Strength in orange, and +1 Melee, Bloodlust:Melee, and Iron Hide in red. The mini itself seemed a little to ostentatious to be your average dumb troll. So I spiced him up a bit with jade, because why not? Now he looks like a dumb troll that ended up with some phat loot that he got from some far off dungeon! He is from the Paolo Parente guest box.

t4wZX9e.jpg

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
That's a WIP, huh? Looking pretty amazing so far. What paint did you use for the purple robes?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Superb work on that troll. The contrast between the sword and the rest really screams "Blessed by RNGesus" lol.

That stormcast is just...holy crap. And that's a wip? Insane. Followed you on IG!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Scowl is ready to join my comic book group! I had to stare at him a bit in order to figure out how to translate a Batman color scheme on him, but I knew I pulled it off when my 10yr old daughter was walking by and immediately identified him as the caped crusader. He is from the original Black Plague Kickstarter and I am extremely happy to have him. I think they could've been a bit more creative with his stats, but he is an absolutely solid addition to any group.

dkVLJ6s.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Did they do the entire Justice League? Lol.

Unfortunately just the two. I would have loved an entire JL, or at least a team of 6! To fill out the rest of the group, I have iron man, wolverine, storm, and V from V for Vendetta. I'm painting up Storm now. Iron Man was painted a few months ago, just sitting on his lonesome waiting for friends to join him!

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Awww, too bad. Cool about the rest though! Did you post them? I don't remember seeing them.

Possibly, but it was awhile ago if I even posted him here. I think they'll all look great together as a group once I get them completed. Even better, they'll play well as a team in the game!

dcb8PWN.jpg

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Some very nice work in here. Thought I'd add a WIP of my own:

Man that looks good. I've been thinking about doing a ceramic sorta armor, but don't know what color. That's a nice one. I wouldn't steal it though.

Ideally I'd do marble, I think that'd be fucking cool. But... ha ha that's hard and I'm not that good.

EDIT: I just googled for some tips for painting marble and it... doesn't look that hard after all. Hmm hmmmmm.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Fylguria jumps on board my Comic Book team. I am very happy to have her painted because she is also a key character in a couple of other premade teams I have. Her face is a little wonky, but I am happy enough to move on. I tried to make her flowing cape evoke storm cloud imagery. The key is that she looks absolutely lovely with the rest of the Comic Team! Four down, two to go!

Ukr5YEL.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Badger's stats are a bit more in line with the character that inspired him with Regeneration in yellow and Iron Clad: Abomination in red. I think perhaps Regeneration should be his blue skill though and +1 Melee should be an option for yellow instead, but that is nitpicking. I knew I wanted him to be classic colors and he ended up looking quite unique from anything else I have painted so far. The card color scheme is hideous!

2cWVXh3.jpg

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Fylguria jumps on board my Comic Book team. I am very happy to have her painted because she is also a key character in a couple of other premade teams I have. Her face is a little wonky, but I am happy enough to move on. I tried to make her flowing cape evoke storm cloud imagery. The key is that she looks absolutely lovely with the rest of the Comic Team! Four down, two to go!

Ukr5YEL.jpg
Your lighting work looks so good. And those sculpts are awesome, props to the team.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Your lighting work looks so good. And those sculpts are awesome, props to the team.

Some sculpts are better than others, but yes the super hero tributes have all been quite good so far. The lighting is pretty rudimentary on these guys because I'm only spending a couple of hours per mini, but I honestly appreciate the compliment! I kind of wish I had done yellow light on Storm, but I've already moved on to others.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Asmodeus from the Green Horde Kickstarter rounds out my Comic Book team. He starts with a Curved Dagger and can get Slippery in orange and Rotten in red, which makes him a very sneaky survivor indeed! I went looking for inspiration before painting him and there is certainly not a lot out there. I decided on a black and very dark purple scheme in order to make him seem sly and mysterious. I went over the gloves and boots with a high gloss to make them shine against the other fabrics, which really makes him pop in person. I may hit the purple with one more highlight... or not. I'm pretty satisfied with the way he looks right now.

CynerXM.jpg

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Need some help here. GW has just announced the new Halfling roster for Blood Bowl, and between the new positionals and so, there's a very important thing: a Halfling starplayer mounting a goat.

xIYTCLw.png

Now... what the hell can I use to convert this lad? Is there any ~28mm goat useful for this?

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Need some help here. GW has just announced the new Halfling roster for Blood Bowl, and between the new positionals and so, there's a very important thing: a Halfling starplayer mounting a goat.

xIYTCLw.png

Now... what the hell can I use to convert this lad? Is there any ~28mm goat useful for this?

There are some pretty cool (not sure if you are looking for "cool" here though) coat riders for Hordes Circle Oroboros from Privateer Press, but it's an expensive kit and Hordes minis are a pain to find 2nd hand.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Forgeworld is likely going to release a resin version of that Star Player. They've done it for most if not all other Star Players.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, FW will probably release a figure for this, but I wanted to see if I can convert something to look more in the likes of my team.

Sadly, most of the goats I see around are either too static or ugly, or too big (the Oroboros guys StaffyManasse said, which are *gorgeous* on the other hand). The perfect one would probably be a LOTR Dwarf chariot goat from FW, but getting only one would be a nightmare.

So yeah, waiting for FW will probably the safe bet. Although I'm *almost* tempted to try something from scratch with green stuff and certain beastman bits I have around XD

EDIT: Hello there, Stonheaven Miniatures:

oOyk8tC.png

Last edited:

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
If you find a place that sells 28mm animals let us know. There's someone I follow on Instagram that paints wildlife minis but hasn't said where he gets his minis.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
That dude is practically perfect.

Thanks for the links Twig. I'm facing decision paralysis while getting ready to paint Warhammer, Infinity, or Guild Ball so painting up an animal for practice is a good way to clear my head.