• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Still working on my troll, finished with most of it, will do another pass on the face and maybe the chest. Still waiting on my purples so I can get to work on the stone, have been playing around a bit with the colors of the stone but still not decided.

Overall I'm not that pleased with how it looks, but I'm learning while painting so it's all good.

rovQljw.jpg

F86WPg7.jpg

eTPySr4.jpg

And some new projects, holy shit at the size of the Death Corp Krieg minis. They are tiny.

ef48QOd.jpg

Sorry for the spam 😁.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I think I would go for a light blue (with white highlights maybe) for that crystals on the rock. The rest of the model looks great!

I'm currently painting a Troll too, although it's not for me but for certain online Blood Bowl league I play, as the guys on charge convinced me to paint it as a prize for this years winner (final champion after 4 seasons + Playoff). Started to paint it yesterday, I'm trying to fire all the cylinders I'm capable off here, and for now I've only finished the turtle shell he uses as shoulder plate.

SnbIZC2.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I think I would go for a light blue (with white highlights maybe) for that crystals on the rock. The rest of the model looks great!

I'm currently painting a Troll too, although it's not for me but for certain online Blood Bowl league I play, as the guys on charge convinced me to paint it as a prize for this years winner (final champion after 4 seasons + Playoff). Started to paint it yesterday, I'm trying to fire all the cylinders I'm capable off here, and for now I've only finished the turtle shell he uses as shoulder plate.

SnbIZC2.jpg

That looks great! 😁

The standard would be blue, but I'm trying something different for my trolls haha. The next one is wild haha 😁

Edit:

Weird paint scheme, but I like it haha.

in0VBsl.jpg

D0S4VSs.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Painting BattleTech minis in case someone wonders. Might take pics once i'm done, if i remember.

Do share when you're done. The Clan Invasion Kickstarter has reinvigorated my interest in the tabletop game. I've got a boatload of old minis to paint, from Ral Parthas to the last Catalyst box set that came with 24 plastic minis. Between what I currently have and what I'll get through the Kickstarter, I should probably be able to make pretty decent armies for half a dozen factions.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do share when you're done. The Clan Invasion Kickstarter has reinvigorated my interest in the tabletop game. I've got a boatload of old minis to paint, from Ral Parthas to the last Catalyst box set that came with 24 plastic minis. Between what I currently have and what I'll get through the Kickstarter, I should probably be able to make pretty decent armies for half a dozen factions.
I got something like 100 minis to paint. Need to assemble most still.

My painting just hit a snag as i noticed that i'm missing a Sentinel. Not sure if it never got delivered or if i've lost it otherwise. And the Clan Invasion KS kinda messed up my planned force organization, which messes up my painting...

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really, really tempted to put some money on the Clan Kickstarter although I will probably never play the game, just to get some 'mechs to paint.

My problem is all the 'mechs I would love to have are on separate lances XD (or the Clan core ala Mad Cat). Grumpf.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My problem is all the 'mechs I would love to have are on separate lances XD (or the Clan core ala Mad Cat). Grumpf.
More or less the same for me... but i figure i'll just get them all eventually.
I do like most of the 'Mechs to an extent after all, especially the 16 original Clan OmniMechs.

My biggest annoyance is the Grendel (Mongrel) in the core box, that is one 'Mech i don't like at all, neither its looks in any incarnation, nor its stats.

Hope rest of the posters get unlocked, i'm not normally a poster guy but an Inner Sphere map and 'Mech recognition ones would be neat.

Oct 25, 2017
I got something like 100 minis to paint. Need to assemble most still.

My painting just hit a snag as i noticed that i'm missing a Sentinel. Not sure if it never got delivered or if i've lost it otherwise. And the Clan Invasion KS kinda messed up my planned force organization, which messes up my painting...

I'm probably close to, if not at, 100 unpainted minis myself. I had bought two of the last Catalyst box set when they were going for like $25, so that's 48 minis I have unpainted. All I've done with a few of those is reposition some of the bad mech stances and put them on metal hex bases. And then I've got some old Ral Parthas assembled, on hex bases, and primed, but not yet painted. And somewhere I've got maybe half a dozen unassembled Ral Parthas still in their boxes (slightly obscure mechs, if I recall correctly, which is cool).

The last mechs I actually completed were probably done nearly 20 years ago. I have roughly a dozen mechs in two factions, the Kell Hounds and Clan Jade Falcon. Not sure why I went for a desert camo look for the Kell Hounds, but whatever. Hopefully I'll have better results whenever I get around to painting the mechs I have, as well as the ones I'll get from the Kickstarter next year.

Zsg2KZZ.jpg

Nu6DKkk.jpg

I'm really, really tempted to put some money on the Clan Kickstarter although I will probably never play the game, just to get some 'mechs to paint.

I'm sure you can find some people who would be willing to trade mechs, if you're into that kind of thing. Personally, I'm getting at least one of each lance/star pack, and possibly some doubles. There's a ton of value in certain Pledge Levels. For instance, with Star Colonel, you're essentially paying for the 12 lances (with salvage box)/stars and getting all the other stuff for free. I'm excited for some of the bonus stuff, like the Faction Pack and dice, for which we can choose some pretty obscure factions in BT lore.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Is anybody else following CMON's Trudvang Legends Kickstarter? I'm loving these mini sculpts. CMON's miniatures are pretty top notch for boardgame minis and I may back this one game for them. That'd be a whole nordic bestiary to paint...

CMON's painted preproduction minis said:

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody else following CMON's Trudvang Legends Kickstarter? I'm loving these mini sculpts. CMON's miniatures are pretty top notch for boardgame minis and I may back this one game for them. That'd be a whole nordic bestiary to paint...
I backed the Trudvang Chronicles RPG ages ago 'cause mainly I loved the art.

I'm all in on this board game. Even though I've been avoiding the hell out of CMON for ages, 'cause they tend to go more for flash than substance. I just love these minis too much. REALLY GOOD DORFS. REALLY GOOD MONSTERS!!

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I consider this one finished. The base (which will be the classic sand+grass+white strip I make for all my Blood Bowl players) is waiting for the varnish first. I'm not exactly happy on how the skin looks, but at the same time I'm happy on how I managed to fix certain fuck up I did with the head highlights.

wND8RXQ.jpg
AZab7wS.jpg

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Punga Miniatures. They don't have a big catalogue of figures, but most of them are quite nice. In this case, it's the troll of one of their Blood Bowl orc teams (and IMHO the best part of that team by far).

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing my Necromunda models and since I usually deal with armor units, how do I do eyes?

Also here's my garbage attempt at model making

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Nice painting, ya'll! I like that whale person model, pretty cool. Punga minis are good quality, then? I saw some of their weird dog centaur minis before, was contemplating buying one or two but didn't know how the quality would actually be.

Here's my Screaming Antelope for Kingdom Death Monster:

tBwa9Ldl.jpg

GQzfEqMl.jpg

CgN2wVgl.jpg

Zq5x6gul.jpg

At first I was just going to use the pinks as an undertone and then glaze red over it, but I really liked how the purples and pinks came out and just left it as is!

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017

From my experience, being eyes one of the kryptonite I have when it comes to painting, just don't :P

Once you gain more brush control and precision you may start to try to paint them, but until that just ignore them. Trust me, the frustration you will gain won't be worth, and a 28-32mm miniature without eyes will look better than the same one with big crazy weird eyes.

Nice painting, ya'll! I like that whale person model, pretty cool. Punga minis are good quality, then? I saw some of their weird dog centaur minis before, was contemplating buying one or two but didn't know how the quality would actually be.

It's quite good, to be honest. I almost didn't had to clear mold lines, and there were almost no casting issues. I only remember a couple of *very* small holes in one "hand", easily fixed with a bit of green stuff, and a small gritty part on a side of the belly that was easily sanded out (and it gave me the idea of the injury, just on the same location :P).

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I don't check on this thread for a little while and I come back to some lovely paint jobs. So awesome to see.

Has anyone bought into Warcry? The models are great but I'm interested in how it plays. The Guerilla Miniatures videos weren't super impressive and I wasn't exactly convinced about buying it when the long form discussion episode came out.

I recently got a good amount of cash from selling some old miniatures through consignment at a local gaming shop and I'm thinking about spending that (store credit) on either Warcry or the Grandmaster box for Adeptus Titanicus.

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
I don't check on this thread for a little while and I come back to some lovely paint jobs. So awesome to see.

Has anyone bought into Warcry? The models are great but I'm interested in how it plays. The Guerilla Miniatures videos weren't super impressive and I wasn't exactly convinced about buying it when the long form discussion episode came out.

I recently got a good amount of cash from selling some old miniatures through consignment at a local gaming shop and I'm thinking about spending that (store credit) on either Warcry or the Grandmaster box for Adeptus Titanicus.
I bought warcry. I have just finished assembling it. First of I'll say that you get a lot in that box. The scenery in particular is very well made and heavy. I intend to use it in 40k games also. The warbands are nice also. i like that i can use my death army by just buying a set of cards. I havent actually played any yet but i like what ive seen of the rules so far and i'm looking forward to my first game at the weekend.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time I base them first too. The only The only times I would not do that is if I want some kind of special base for a miniature, which may require some finesse during the painting.

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra

WIP on my Deathshroud duders. Some progress shots and a "tutorial" that is mostly just showing how I get my yellow done for the yelloish nurgle dudes.

Oct 27, 2017
Finished my first Death Korp Krieg mini. It's so small so it was really hard to paint. I'm not in love with the paints I used really. But kind of pleased haha.

0ux1A0B.jpg

Po7Cf2M.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Good color choices. Feels Napoleonic.

He's the commander so tried to make the coat look more like leather, the regular troopers will get more of a standard coat, more grey. I haven't looked at the picture on computer before, and I have a lot to fix with that model haha. I usually just post on my phone.

Edit: I think I'll strip it haha.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The red strap across the chest is a nice touch.

Thank you 😁. I painted it before I assembled it, and it's scary as all hell when I'm trying to assemble it with superglue after painting. Resin is scary haha.

I don't know how to get the paint as smooth as some people get their, I feel like I almost always get textures, that the paint looks a tad scruffy, I do thin my paints with water so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Nice flashlight! :D

Regarding the scruffy comment, it's maybe your primer? I had that when I used a can and sprayed a bit too much on the model.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Thanks for the comments about bases, it's just that I bought a Nurgle army off eBay and they were all glued to their bases and I was worried that would hinder painting.

I just bulk primed them with a spray can and i'm worried they feel a little textured where it's laid on thick in places (even though it hasn't reached other parts), but hey it's Nurgle so I guess I can get away with it!

Oct 27, 2017
Nice flashlight! :D

Regarding the scruffy comment, it's maybe your primer? I had that when I used a can and sprayed a bit too much on the model.

I think I'm not thining my paints enough and I don't give it time enough for it to dry so I push around the semi dry paint so I'm building texture. I think it's that haha.

Edit: More pleased with this one.

KUY3CQ0.jpg

Full album: https://imgur.com/a/bB4zEjE

Last edited:

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
jzTeqlo.jpg

Man that's a lot of washing. I need to give it a drybrush to pick out highlights before I can start adding panels but I think tomorrow I'm going to go back and pick out out a couple of spots with blue, maybe purple and green to simulate oil besides the grime. That wash should go by much quicker. I think for my second Warlord I'll be more selective on the brown wash.

The guns and missile racks are magnetized. Super easy to do as long as the polarities are kept in order.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought that sharkboi was swinging his tail off the end of that rope haha! Those minis are great and I love your paintjob!

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I really love the sword of the first guy.

In other news, I've won a small Blood Bowl tournament and all I've got is a giant turd. Literally.

wqs7pHn.png

😅

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Humans, as it's my favourite team but I couldn't even remember the last time I played with them outside friendly games, so I decided to take them out the shelves. Too many kickstarters on the last few years :P

Kicked some dwarfs (3-0, although the last one was almost undefended, he went to kill something on the last couple turns), goblins (2-1, with the climate almost costing me the game) and woodies (2-1, scoring the 1-1 at halftime after some bullshit lucky rolls, reliving any pressure to score fast on my drive in the second half).