• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
thanks chaps! I couldn't resist Admech after Renegade and Forgebane came out.

I steered away from more red as my Blood Angels have me nearly sick to the back teeth of it lol

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
Started painting Rise of Moloch over the weekend. I'm not really happy with the first model I painted, but there's way too many to fret over to strip and re-paint. Here's my first hero, and the first mini I've done with such a limited color palette.

H33oB6Ql.jpg

CBmNDGOl.jpg

XShagrath

Oct 25, 2017
...And another one from Rise of Moloch. This time, my first villain, Emerson Caine! I noticed the lighter blotch on his apron after I took the pic, so had to fix that up.

P3ZevqZl.jpg

dlY6ur6l.jpg

I'm really enjoying working with the more limited color palettes these guys are using.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Finally found this thread!!!!

To celebrate the new Age of Sigmar...played a (totally unrelated actually) thematic adventure with my son.

The Tomb of Crom, the dragon slayer.

WTFwLIK.jpg

Suu8X1R.jpg

O2FBfDk.jpg

KXaVD2J.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great Pitta. A little bit of scatter adds so much character to any adventure!

I just got word that my second wave of Zombicide Green Horde ships on Monday. I am very excited to get my hands on all that new stuff. I'm not exactly where I wanted to be in my painting for when it arrives, but we'll see what I can kick out tomorrow.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Abomination and a couple of fatties complete. I'm taking a hero break, then I'm going possibly try to knock out 7 zombie runners

jMz0wFe.jpg

Orgun

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got suggestions on power drills for using on minis? Need to drill some 6 and 8mm holes for magnets and need to go deep in the Taunars resin for pinning

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
That Tomb of Crom is REALLY cool, Pitta ! Also liking the orc hero, SillyEskimo . So was saddened to see that my airbrush primer I bought for my fancy new airbrush was defective, gonna have to wait a few more days to use it for new primer to arrive.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Shalheria complete. Love this model! Lots of attitude and confidence with the popped hip. She has excellent stats too. She is an amazing addition to any zombie killing team, but makes my Drow team even deadlier.

v0OGWuK.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Green Horde Seamp Troll done. He was a lot of fun. He will also mix things up when he enters the game!

LD0dFIm.jpg

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
Nice colour scheme. I like the green to blue blending.

Also, how did you do that rust? It looks great

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Nice colour scheme. I like the green to blue blending.

Also, how did you do that rust? It looks great

That rust is so simple. You're gonna love it. Base coat silver, randomly dab citadel's Typus Corrosion and Ryza Rust all over the silver. You can use silver again to add fresh scratches if you want.

I have a rust powder kit for show pieces, terrain, and vehicles, but the above can be done in no time for everything else.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that rust is really awesome. I also like the color choice, but I'm pretty biased. I think half of my paints are blues and greens. The other half being various shades of brown...Trying to get more reds in there haha.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone had business with Hasslefree Miniatures before?

'Couse they aren't their namesake.

I placed and order for a mini ages ago. Like three months ago. Their shipping confirmation took almost a month and then nothing. No mini in the mail, no replies to my emails.

Edit. Checked their FB and seems like they lost a key person in the company and are behind schedule because of that. I'd still hope they'd ansver though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that rust is really awesome. I also like the color choice, but I'm pretty biased. I think half of my paints are blues and greens. The other half being various shades of brown...Trying to get more reds in there haha.

I seem to go through weird color phases with my Heroes. I have a lot of earthy tones in general right now, and that was done on purpose because before I had so many bright colors. My wife thinks I lean on red too much, but I think I use purple a lot. Meanwhile, last night my kids assembled a "Blue Team" for Zombicide with all blue characters lol. I must be mixing things up enough!

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I use purple a lot for sure, haha. I actually just counted, and if we are saying pinks are hues of purple, I've got 8 purple paints (and I definitely want more, haha). But they helped with this guy I painted yesterday!

tsFLIpKl.jpg

I'm not super into it's claws. Maybe the color is off, I kind of wanted them to be bone like but thought they should be darker due to all the lightish flesh colors already going on. But man, this thing was fun to paint just because it's a brain with legs!

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone here interested in Star Wars Legion? I bought the starter and a couple expansions but I just don't have the time for new games.

I've got the starter set, a box of Stormtroopers and Rebel troopers, an ATST, and a Snowspeeder, all assembled. The Stormtroopers are lightly primed white. One Rebel trooper came in missing the backpack but I tried my best to make something work with a spare piece I had. The fit is a little odd. The Snowspeeder is mostly painted and the flight stand is at an angle to give it a more dynamic look. Everything retails for $220 USD but I'll sell it to someone here for $160 USD. I'll take care of the shipping. I'd really rather sell it all in one go.

If anyone has any interest, hit me up and I'll get it shipped out as soon as I can. I'm going on vacation next Tuesday for about a week so I won't be able to ship until after that but I can probably get it out beforehand.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Benson completed. He's a kick ass hero that is an in-store exclusive Hero for Zombicide Black Plague. He was a lot of fun to paint and he only took an hour.

1rKO0jw.jpg

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Our fist Death Race on Gaslands!

ozXXpTq.jpg
VbyOXQI.jpg
r5xSqKe.jpg
C946Vtj.jpg

We were a lot of players, seven, so we decided to go with just one car and 25 points each instead of spending 50 in whatever we want. And it has been a blast, with chaos and madness from round 1 thanks to some crazy moves from the second line and some terrible rolls all around. The ball of fire on the last picture is actually the winner in the moment it reached the finish, something he achieved *when he died and was going to explode* due some Heavy Machinegun shots from the green car behind it. A really fitting way to end the game.

Red and Blue/red cars didn't even manage to reach the first gate before being blown up, and after respawning they decided to just fuck around with anyone going to the finish. And they were quite successful on that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Gannicus complete. I really like painting black skin. There's not a lot of black heroes, but I believe I'll have enough for a 6 man group once I am do e painting them all.

iwieZMI.jpg
XLOIz1X.jpg

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
I'm jealous of your Green Horde minis. I don't know how long I'll have to wait for mine to arrive. In the meantime, here's some pics of my current favorite model I've painted. I'm not quite done with him, need to work on his base (first time really working on bases!), I also haven't even given him a wash yet. I think he looks pretty good where he is right now, feel like a wash might ruin him. But he definitely needs SOME highlights, and his teeth and eyes need touching up etc. But still, reallly like how he's coming along:

6e8zqn6.jpg

UEgOQhp.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm extremely happy to have my 2nd wave of Green Horde. So. Much. To. Paint. There are so many heroes and monsters that I want to paint, but I'm leaning towards the ones I have not seen anyone else paint. I really wanted to do the giant and his zombie counterpart, but my groups have been flooded with them. My river troll was the first I had seen. Likewise with Gannicus. I'm staring at the legion of primed models in front of me trying to figure out another unique one that no one else has painted. I think I got him picked out!

But if you're painting GW, then your painting the superior product, haha!

OP
OP
MyQuarters

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wish I could carry on painting ATM, but the UK heatwave has put a stop to it right now. My study is so hot the paint just dries on the brush before i can really use it

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could carry on painting ATM, but the UK heatwave has put a stop to it right now. My study is so hot the paint just dries on the brush before i can really use it

yeah i'm in the Northeastern US and it's just miserable in my hobby room right now. I'm going to try and do some basing on some warg riders this week but more likely than not I'll just be in the living room playing video games waiting for this heat wave to pass.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I had to put on a hoodie and thick socks in order to paint yesterday. My wife keeps the house pretty cold! Meanwhile, there are heat warnings in effect outside lol.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yeah my stuff is set up in my room with AC soooo I'm good to paint whenever. Except for the last going on a week now I've had "acute conjunctivitis"....so haven't had the best luck painting while my eye is not doing so good. Shame cus I just got those new Warhammer Malign Sorcery models in. Soon enough, soon enough.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
This is the last time I attempt to tackle 15 miniatures at once, I swear it.

This saturday I convinced myself to paint my BB Goblin team at last, and as they are tinny I decided to go the aseembly line route... and oh God, what a torture it is. Sure, I'm a slow painter and this isn't something I really enjoy*, but the boringness goes up to the Nth degree. Although I may admit these weren't bad sessions at all being me, with the skin almost finished in all of them, just needing highlights. I'm tempted to paint them in groups of 3 or 4 miniatures from here on, but at the end I'm not sure it would be the best solution. I mean, I started to paint my Human team last August in groups of 3-4 guys and I didn't finish them until February... and they were less miniatures :P

p8l1Er2.jpg

*I actually kinda hate to paint, as it frustrates me and makes me nervous. But is much cheaper than going the commission route and I'm not that terrible on it, so yeah, I'll do it from time to time.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This is the last time I attempt to tackle 15 miniatures at once, I swear it.

This saturday I convinced myself to paint my BB Goblin team at last, and as they are tinny I decided to go the aseembly line route...

godspeed. i've picked goblins to do first but they're in the box and not anywhere near the list. between extreme weather, illness, and family obligations I haven't done much lately. I did get a bunch of warg riders based, primed, and base coated on the warg side, and started painting a necromancer figure for AoS, but i'm lucky if I have 2-3 hours a week to paint right now instead of the 7-8 that i would like, so progress has been minimal.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Been a little while since I posted last time.

Been some cool paint jobs.

Once again I have been on a bit of a downer painting my miniatures. Not sure why. But been on a bit of a downer in general.

Anyway I am back on an upturn, on my painting at least.

Finished a few jobs off. Got my Reivers and Redemptor sorted. Need to add some flock to the bases to finish them off.

J7rJCOi.jpg

MXheu5d.jpg

IN3YNS1.jpg

xihsUzW.jpg

Also got a bit of my Necromunda Gang sorted.

FPAztZp.jpg

Stjil5t.jpg

Really happy with how the red/purple transition came out.

My necromunda plans carry on forward. Got 8 Zone Mortalis tiles to paint (forge world forgot the 9 th). Bought some printable water slide decals so looking forward to giving them a go.

Got some more reivers to finish and the last of the cultists to do.

Hopefully all this will kick start my painting again.

Bradach

Oct 28, 2017
Lovely work on that necromunda gang Thekeats.
Who'd want to shoot them and have them taken off the board :p

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
That might be the most adorable Kickstarter I'd ever seen. Those are for tabletop RPG though right? I bet they'd be great for any kind of dungeon crawler board game. I'm tempted to pledge too.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
That might be the most adorable Kickstarter I'd ever seen. Those are for tabletop RPG though right? I bet they'd be great for any kind of dungeon crawler board game. I'm tempted to pledge too.

I think they're for D&D, basically. They have D&D classes and if I am right they come with rules for using them in that system.

Personally, I just wanted the minis. I want to paint them for my son who really is into dogs.

Oct 25, 2017

painted this Necromancer for AoS and am not unhappy with how he came out. It's always fun to paint a mini you will only ever need to paint one of and then just move onto other things. I've got my sepulchural guard from shadespire primed up and ready to start next, and together they will be the allied portion of a 1000 point death force i'm firing up.