• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

minus_me

Oct 27, 2017
1979_tpsl2_2.1404231268.jpg
I prefer this Walkman design

Another favourite.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how they got this technology to market just fast enough for it to get completely killed by MP3s.

I remember everyone's question about MDs was "Can you load MP3s onto them?"

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
LS-mzn420d-RB.jpg

Got this guy for like $40 open box when I worked at Best Buy in early 2000s. I had an old ass Win98 computer so couldn't use an iPod so grabbed one of these for cheap. Loved it so much.
I wonder if I still have it in a box somewhere.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Best way to get audio off MD into PC? Have a box of mix MDs I'd like to digitise and if possible skip the digital- analog - digital conversions

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I ran into MD on two separate occasions in my life, first when I was DJing on college radio in 2002-2006 all of the EAS notices were on these discs and we had a special rack-type player that we used to play em... it was the only thing we used them for. Later on from 2009-2013 I lived in Japan and these things would randomly pop up in various desks I ended up working at, I think you could still buy em at the dollar stores. Never owned any other device with which to play them on, but they sure carry that heavy nostalgia weight. Was a cool format in both appearance and function. ALTERNATE FUTURE HISTORY if the mp3 had never rolled around and totally destroyed it

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I loved my MD player back in middle school. I loved how they looked. I didnt like carrying multiple discs on me but the product design was classic.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I have this guy in blue. I love the ribbing, but since it uses the old flat Sony gum stick batteries you pretty much have to use it with this weird AA battery attachment.
Best way to get audio off MD into PC? Have a box of mix MDs I'd like to digitise and if possible skip the digital- analog - digital conversions

Man, I think really the only way to do this is with the MZM200. If I'm not mistaken it actually allows you drag and drop from the actual MD. It was one of the last players released and is incredibly expensive.