• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 10, 2018
Seeing alot of "All lives matter" on Twitter from the usual kind of people. So I think it's time to dust off this old gem.

EZS38WmXsAMYn54
Where were the All Lives Matter folk during the Hong Kong protests? During Hurricane Maria? During the internment of the Uighur Muslims? During the currently ongoing oppression of the Palestinian people? During the hundreds of thousands of human beings losing their lives to covid-19?

Where they at tho?

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Have these mostly been around major cities nation wide or have they started to spread to suburbs/rural? I feel like the white supremacist militias might excalate it if it does.
They've been starting to spread smaller areas. There's a city near me that has a bunch of protests and I wouldn't call it a big city

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
the cop with the knee on his neck has been arrested. the rest will follow if they feel they can actually get a conviction out of it.

I mean had. If you can't charge a cop with a crime in this instance I suppose this was inevitable.

Wonder how long people can hold this up? Took ukrainians 4 months to see significant change.

I think its a perfect storm at this point. everyones unemployed and fascism has taken off its mask.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of many things I hate about the 'WUHHH RIOTS ARE BAD' crowd is they act like human protest en masse is some kind of surgical strike. This is a boiling over of outrage against injustice, and yeah, there's gonna be collateral. That's not something to tone police over or decry when you fucking ignored the deaths of minorities for decades. Righteous anger is elemental; it's a tide that's going to rise, and that's not a bad thing. Trying to demand people 'only target the right businesses' or other garbage like that reeks to me because it's basically saying "you don't deserve to be angry enough to lash out at injustice."

Shit's gonna burn, and that's okay. The communities are looking out for their own, and the big corporations have insurance. And of course these people ignore all these business owners going 'Nah shit's just property I support this', which is happening everywhere.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Listening to CNN on the radio and it sounds like stuff is going down in LA

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
American protesters are pretty peaceful all things considered. All those cops without armor in other countries would be getting pelted with rocks and molotovs.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
As someone in the U.K. this is crazy to see unfolding, solidarity with all of those out protesting tonight.

My fear is that COVID is still a threat and this could be devastating.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
American protesters are pretty peaceful all things considered. All those cops without armor in other countries would be getting pelted with rocks and molotovs.
Yeah, no shit. I remember the Greek riots when cops there shot and killed a 16 year old. Molotovs were flying all night and a few cops actually got severe burns. I was in highschool at the time and I still remember it.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

In lot of other countries riot police aren't armed with assault rifles and SWAT teams, or any guns at all even. Our people are afraid of getting shot, these cops will shoot for anything here and are coming to peaceful protests in full military gear ready to fight

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Have a couple of friends in St Paul and Minneapolis who aren't staying home this weekend because they're scared. I don't see it hitting residential areas, but it is almost certainly going to get very messy tonight, so I can't blame them entirely.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My question is where are the new black panthers and any of the other black armed groups?
The revolutionary left in the US has been pretty much destroyed completely through red scares, purges, arrests and straight up assassinations by the US government, and it hasn't existed as meaningful political force in the US for quite a while.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
As someone in the U.K. this is crazy to see unfolding, solidarity with all of those out protesting tonight.

The sole saving grace is that the predominant COVID-19 transmission hot spots have all been enclosed indoor spaces. These protests being outdoor gatherings mitigates that somewhat.

But yeah, there's going to be a spike. Hopefully one that doesn't overwhelm emergency rooms.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Yeah, but what else can people do? Just sit down and let the death of another black man at the hands of police go unanswered?

It's unfortunate that things reached their boiling point during the pandemic, but that's just how it happened. All we can do is hope that the people out there take precautions to protect themselves while they're fighting for justice and support them in any way we are able.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
So LA cops were losing ground and all of a sudden a car catches fire and disperses the crowd giving them back the advantage...ok. after all the posts about imbedded cops and planted bricks I don't trust like that