• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
ny-1552580750-k19diaeanl-snap-image

A 58-year-old Minnesota man who threw a meth-filled "death party" for his wife has now been charged with murder.
Duane Johnson was initially jailed for criminal neglect after his wife died in January, but a new charge of third-degree murder has been added after an autopsy found that Debra Johnson died from an overdose of methamphetamine.
"The facts of this case are pretty strange," Brown County Attorney Chuck Hanson told the Daily News on Thursday.
Hanson said that a defendant can be charged with third-degree murder if he or she provides illegal drugs to a person who dies as a result. He added that the defendant does not have to have the intent to cause death to be charged.

Cops found Debra Johnson's body in their Searles home on Jan. 24. Duane Johnson, who was found naked at the home, told investigators that his wife begged him to remove her from the nursing home where she was living "because she wanted to die at home," according to the criminal complaint.
"He reported that he couldn't stand to see her suffer anymore and that he had promised her a party," read the complaint.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...death-party-murder-charge-20190314-story.html

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I read about this when it first came out.

It's mostly just horrifying and sad all around.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Some extra facts that I believe are relevant.

The wife was on medication for mental illness.
The meth party included a bunch of sex over a span of 5 days.
He was found with weapons and ammo, some weapons were reported stolen.
He waited to call the police after she died to make sure she couldn't be resuscitated.
He was found naked in the bathtub trying to cleanse himself of "little black and white things."
She wasn't eating or drinking so he fed her snow.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Was this murder or assisted suicide? Reads like the latter, but I suppose nobody in that household was in their right mind, so it's kind of difficult to champion the idea of someone going out on their own terms in this case.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I mean, if my health was horrible, I'd rather trip the shit out of this world than lie in bed for years. We, as a society, need to have a serious talk about euthanasia and why we force people to live miserable lives with no hope to recover.

I'd have chosen a nicer drug though. Never done meth or anything synthetic but the results are scary as fuck. Rather stick to shrooms or something like that.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, if my health was horrible, I'd rather trip the shit out of this world than lie in bed for years. We, as a society, need to have a serious talk about euthanasia and why we force people to live miserable lives with no hope to recover.

I'd have chosen a nicer drug though. Never done meth or anything synthetic but the results are scary as fuck. Rather stick to shrooms or something like that.
My suicide plan is to let a riptide take me out to waters confirmed to be shark-infested. I would then sit in my innertube and do a large quantity of acid. Become shark food. Maybe make him trip while I'm at it.

I discussed this with my PCP and I am now on antidepressants.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Man, I sure wish this website let me look at it, so I could look at that infamous picture. Too bad they hate the EU, sad face

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
WOW! What exactly in meth makes people look that much older than they really are? This is shocking.
I was curious so I looked it up.

It dries out your skin and makes you itch. Person scratches their face until it's covered in acne and scars. They get pale because of the physical stress and because meth addicts get sick a lot. They get leathery because it is curing their skin.

They look skeletal because they are usually malnourished. Their teeth are fucked up because of poor hygiene, dry mouth, and grinding.

Apparently this all leads to advanced aging. They're abusing their bodies.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I was curious so I looked it up.

It dries out your skin and makes you itch. Person scratches their face until it's covered in acne and scars. They get pale because of the physical stress and because meth addicts get sick a lot. They get leathery because it is curing their skin.

They look skeletal because they are usually malnourished. Their teeth are fucked up because of poor hygiene, dry mouth, and grinding.

Apparently this all leads to advanced aging. They're abusing their bodies.
Jeese that all sounds terrible. Most of those symptoms are preventable you'd think, with lotion for the dry skin, food and water to nourish yourself, vitamin c to help prevent sickness, toothpaste for your teeth, NOT TAKING METH SO YOU DON'T GET ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS. You know, totally preventable.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Was this murder or assisted suicide? Reads like the latter, but I suppose nobody in that household was in their right mind, so it's kind of difficult to champion the idea of someone going out on their own terms in this case.

She didn't die peacefully. She died from an overdose while not being on her normal medicines for pain and mental illness.

I agree that the conversation needs to occur, but this story is a bad example. She couldn't eat or drink, and she convulsed into death.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
....What is wrong with my state
MN has had issues with Meth for a long time. 20 or so years ago a meth lab blew up and lit a forest on fire.. outside Brainerd (in Barrows). I've met people from California who knew about Barrows (that is was a Meth Capital, not about the lab blowing up).