• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
Just got back from watching - great movie and the action set pieces were mad, kudos Mr Cruise.

Really showed of the cities and Paris and London shone - The final sequence in the choppers was dope too.

Story was a little bit shallow - but anything that gives me more Rebecca Ferguson is a win win , she is gorgeous :)

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Curious how much you'd pay for a 4K HD home cinema launch?

I'd pay $20 to avoid nauseous public.

Movie distributors will need to provide a viable home option soon, or they'll continue to lose an entire wealthy generation of moviegoers who pay $200/week for family. Last time for real.

We won't accept me-me-me millenial douchechildren who can't put down their phones.

There was a company doing that, all you needed was a $35,000 box with biometric sensors and $500/rental.

I was considering them pretty seriously but they went bust. I'd be down for $100 day one rentals.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Just saw it and thought it was a bit.. boring.

The action was solid, but the story didn't have any surprising twists. Since they don't really use the impossible mission idea, the films don't really differentiate from other action flicks.

This is me, the movie is boring as fuck, sure it looks really good and every scenes in Paris were awesome but nothing really happened story wise.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from watching - great movie and the action set pieces were mad, kudos Mr Cruise.

Really showed of the cities and Paris and London shone - The final sequence in the choppers was dope too.

Story was a little bit shallow - but anything that gives me more Rebecca Ferguson is a win win , she is gorgeous :)

Have you noticed that the director seems to be a leg man like me. The long shot of her legs in GP and the shot of the white widows leg with the knife in this.

No complaints here

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
There was a scene at the Kashmir border that they cut out.
Thanks. Really looking forward to seeing the cut scenes on the blu ray release. I skipped trough the podcast until I ended up at the part they talk about some cut stuff. Apparently they had a musical number by Vanessa Kirby too, but that won't be included in the extras :(

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
When I watch it again I need to see if Cruise shoots those guys who shot the French cop as smoothly as he shot the alley guys in Collateral. He's got the same dedication as Keanu Reeves when it comes to gunplay.

TopherDL

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite MI, without question. I went to go see it twice last week. There were moments I could not process what I was seeing (and hearing). I was literally fighting back a smile during the whole 'Exchange' sequence with Lane. When the music was present, it was amazing, but during the later half you only hear the engine notes and screeching tires. Just...man this movie.

I enjoyed it more than Infinity War, and I really really like Infinity War.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I loved this so much. This is going down as one of the best action movies of the decade, no doubt.

I loved that they filmed the final showdown between Cavill and Cruise on the Preikestolen in Norway, easily one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and great to see it showcased in a big blockbuster movie like this. It's kinda weird though when you recognize a filming location and they're pretending that it's somewhere completely different in the world. As soon as Cavill and Cruise crashed and had their final stand-off, I had this weird moment where my brain was like "Wait, how the hell did they get from India to Norway in fifteen minutes?"

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Just came back from seeing it and loved it!

And while I know that technically all the previous movies were also sequels, I really appreciate that with this one they really continue some specific stories from the previous ones.

Also I loved the fact that the broker was the daughter of Venessa Redgrave's character from the first movie! Great callback!

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
The action scenes are something else here. I just got a question, I think I missed something in the plot.

White widow has all three plutonium right? She gave ethan the first as downpayment. After the chaos in London with the Lark reveal, how did the last two end up with Lark and Lane? I thought Widow had them?

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this at Dolby Cinema and this was my first MI movie. holy crap what action movie, non stop entertainment, I was on edge of seat.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this at Dolby Cinema and this was my first MI movie. holy crap what action movie, non stop entertainment, I was on edge of seat.
Go back and watch the first 5! All of them, sans 2 which is still worth watching because its bonkers, are excellent movies.

It is one of the most consistently high quality franchises out there.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
The action scenes are something else here. I just got a question, I think I missed something in the plot.

White widow has all three plutonium right? She gave ethan the first as downpayment. After the chaos in London with the Lark reveal, how did the last two end up with Lark and Lane? I thought Widow had them?

She only got the first plutonium, which was given to her by the Apostles, since she is the intermediary. The Apostles had the other two. Lark is not directly a part of the Apostles, so he needed to work to bust out Lane to get the other two plutonium cores to achieve his goals, and frame Hunt in the process.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something or wouldn't it have made sense for Walker to toss the detonator out of the helicopter?

Dec 12, 2017
Am I missing something or wouldn't it have made sense for Walker to toss the detonator out of the helicopter?

If the little red thingy popped out when it crashed to the ground, the team could have disarmed it. My understanding was it only needed to be removed once the countdown started.

Walker deciding to keep on his person, insured he knew the status of the remote.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
Well Ghost Protocol is no longer my favourite Mission Impossible. Seriously blown away.

Praying McQuarrie returns again for the sequel.

erpg

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
All the callbacks to 1 really made me happy. It's my all time favorite movie and this newnone is right behind it in my M:I rankings.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
I may have missed something in the movie. Ethan has one plutonium ball and the broker has the other 2 correct? How did walker and lane get the other 2? Was it in london?

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I may have missed something in the movie. Ethan has one plutonium ball and the broker has the other 2 correct? How did walker and lane get the other 2? Was it in london?
It was explained when Walker revealed himself as Lark. The Syndicate has the plutonium and were willing to trade it for Lane. Walker gave them Lane.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great movie in a great series.

My only complaint is there was no tense infiltration scene, which has always been a staple of the series.

GitarooMan

Oct 27, 2017
This movie was fucking amazing. Blown away. Saw it in IMAX and plan on seeing it again later this week.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
This movie is jaw dropping in dolby cinema. Wow that atmos blew me away

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks. Really looking forward to seeing the cut scenes on the blu ray release. I skipped trough the podcast until I ended up at the part they talk about some cut stuff. Apparently they had a musical number by Vanessa Kirby too, but that won't be included in the extras :(

Ah, that makes sense! There is a shot during her introduction where you hear her talking and see her from behind, but she is moving like she is singing. Makes more sense how that shot came to be now.

Movie was okay. Gorgeous action, but the story was way overblown. They have to stop escalating everything x times. The final battle alone had 5 or more stages where shit went even more dramatic.
It's just not that exciting if you do that.
It's way more, if they keep things a little more grounded and act with a plan where they need to improvise and not with pure luck as their aid 90% of the time.

MI1 is still the best movie of them by far. After that it's 3 for the villain.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
God I shouldn't but I may just re-watch the whole thing but in IMAX this time, it's like a thrill ride

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Catching up on earlier pages of the thread.

I do believe the series should be retired when it's beyond Tom Cruise to continue.

The series is a brilliant testament to his career, especially his commitment to his craft.

This is the first movie for a while where, if I could, I'd walk into another viewing straight away to rewatch it.

The story was made out to be lacking by a few reviewers. I felt if you paid attention it was all easy to follow.

The way the Lark reveal was handled was great. The audience wasn't treated like idiots. It was a great subversion.

A solid 15/17 movie.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The two big mask gag scenes, the opening and Walker double cross, were the best in the series since the first movie. Just amazing.

Also, Walker was a fucking jobber.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Also, when Cruise is done the series is continuing with Rebecca Ferguson and Jeremy Renner. Hell, they might not even need Renner.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this in IMAX.

Two words to describe the movie: Intense and amazing.

The helicopter chase sequence was next level stuff.

Deleted member 15632

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw it, loved it, echo everything thats already been said about Fallout.

One thing though - did anyone else think Thom Crooze looked old in this? First time I've properly noticed it...

Oct 25, 2017
After this Infinity War and this, I'm back on the IMAX > Dolby train when the movie actually shoots large sections, or in Avengers case, the entire movie in IMAX. That helicopter stuff had me holding onto my armrest thinking I was gonna fall.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the movies. Great use of the masks.

Some real good fights too, as I loved the bathroom fight against "John Lark"

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
That was a great movie. The whole last act was fantastic, and I loved Cavill basically playing Ethan Hunt but blunter

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
GOD DAMN!

I saw the movie today in IMAX, McQuarrie can do no wrong. It's just sheer intensity that somehow manages to keep outdoing itself while never becoming so out there that it feels weightless or losing the focus on the characters. I do have one thing to say about Tom Cruise:

The dude is looking ooolllllllllllllldddddddddddddd. I know there was a thread a while back saying how Tom Cruise is still looking good, but after Fallout I can no longer support such a notion. The dude's age is finally showing and no matter how much make-up or CGI touch-ups they do with his face, the dude looks like a 50+ year old man. Honestly, I wish he'd stop dying his hair and trying to pretend like he's 30 years old still. I wish he'd just lean into a more older, grizzled look, because the pretend 30 year old just ain't working anymore.

Any who, dude is still just amazing in his role along with the whole cast. I do like how McQuarrie managed to work back in his wife and write her out of Ethan's life in a way that is respectful. And, I love bringing back Rebecca Ferguson, she just kills it in that role and they just need to make her a permanent member of the team already.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Spinoff staring Ferguson and Kirby, but with all the MI women supporting, please. I haven't seen Maggie Q in a while, but I would like her to come back.
Maggie Q was supposed to come back for Rogue Nation I believe but couldn't due to scheduling conflict.

So it honestly look like they do want to continue to include her in this universe.