• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Funny how he doesn't mention the GOP agenda for the entirety of Obama presidency was just insane frothing at the mouth rage and obstruction.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey everybody, remember that time when people were trying to argue there was good Republicans?! And even liberals would cheer on some of them for just "being concerned about Trump"? Good times, good times.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
What is also bad is how he goes on to say "well waves of immigrants have experienced discrimination too."

WELL SHIT I WONDER WHO'S POLITICAL PARTY IS DOING THAT RIGHT NOW

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
What Mitch McConnell said here is probably largely what a lot of Americans think.

Reparations are hard. It's not clear how to compensate people. Nobody alive today owned slaves. We have made strides to grant people equal rights. Even a black man became President.

As shitty as Mitch McConnell is, I expected a worse take, really. His views probably aren't very far out of line with many Americans on reparations.

Granting black people equal rights is not reparations when they should have always had those rights.

Making a black man president hasn't solved any racial issues in this country either. And Mitch makes it sound like it was a CONCESSION of WHITE PEOPLE to make a black man president... for christs sakes.

Black racism still exists at every level, from school teachers to police officers to the president of the united states.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa whoa- easy there Klu Klux Mconnell. You don't get to use "we" in reference to anything about resolving the issues of racism and racial inequality. You haven't done shit.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
The things he's saying "they" gave, their fucking party was opposed to already anyway. Wtf is he even saying? Who is "we?" Wtf is this shit?
I'm guessing white people. Since he says "we" when talking about ending slavery and passing Civil Rights legislation. Telling he doesn't think of black people as "we".
If you don't include black people as part of the America "we" then you are excluding by race.Racism.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Bigger story is that Mitch is admitting that he made standing in the way of one of our country's efforts to right its original sin his on singular mission (Obama)...

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I wish someone named Mario would run for the Turtle's seat in KY.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
What Mitch McConnell said here is probably largely what a lot of Americans think.

Reparations are hard. It's not clear how to compensate people. Nobody alive today owned slaves. We have made strides to grant people equal rights. Even a black man became President.

As shitty as Mitch McConnell is, I expected a worse take, really. His views probably aren't very far out of line with many Americans on reparations.

What do you mean it's not clear how to compensate people? It's very simple, really. Cut the check. Read 'The Case For Reparations' by Ta-Nahesi Coates, an exhaustive essay that breaks down the argument for monetary reparations, charting the racist institutions that have spent centuries thwarting the upward mobility of black America and transferring their wealth to the hands of white people.

www.theatlantic.com

The Case for Reparations

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Dear God. I don't know who's worse. Him or Trump. Jesus what a very stupid, stupid man. No respect.
There's actually not even a competition, it's him by a mile. Trump is racist fuckwit who's damaging our country right now but he could be president for twenty years and not do the damage McConnel has done in his tenure in the Senate.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
IIM7W4z.gif

Oct 30, 2017
What do you mean it's not clear how to compensate people? It's very simple, really. Cut the check. Read 'The Case For Reparations' by Ta-Nahesi Coates, an exhaustive essay that breaks down the argument for monetary reparations, charting the racist institutions that have spent centuries thwarting the upward mobility of black America and transferring their wealth to the hands of white people.

www.theatlantic.com

The Case for Reparations

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.
I've read that piece. I'm literally relaying the thoughts of Americans. That's not an endorsement of those thoughts.

Dec 23, 2017
The reality is as each year passes by it is harder to justify reparations. I personally don't feel like America ever did anything to say you know what we fucked up let us make up for it. Slaves worked and the country was built on their backs.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
some white folk, i swear...

how hard is it to just acknowledge history and the fuckups of american past and to do something nice for a long-oppressed people? have some empathy for folk, y'know? instead it's all about hoarding the wealth and being on some legit endgame plan to ensure the rapture. like let's not forget how fucking evangelical and racist all that shit is. the white people will be saved!

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
McConnell: "We've tried to deal with the original sin of slavery by [...] electing an African American president."

Also McConnell: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
The reality is as each year passes by it is harder to justify reparations.

As long as the descendants of American slaves aren't made whole, it will never be hard to justify reparations. History is filled with an innumerable amount of of black people were and are owed wealth that would have been passed to them through generations, starting from the moment the first African man was enslaved on this soil to the last African American in this country whose station in life is of markedly less standing than it would be had their lineage not been victimized by the institutional racism upon which this country was founded and built.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Being a conservative is now like being a catholic: you know it's all nonsense and evil, you just don't want things to change.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
When Trump is dead, there will probably be measures in place to keep people from pissing on his grave. But maybe that won't be the case with McConnell. Here's hoping.