• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We have not fallen behind with either VR or network services," Miyamoto responded. "We worked on them from the very beginning, and have been experimenting with them in a variety of ways."

giphy.gif

Even by your own standards from your past consoles are you serious with this? Of course youre falling behind, let alone compared to your competitors. The fact you dont think youre falling behind goes hand in hand with the problem, you have no idea what youre doing with online.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao good one

I can't even send a MESSAGE to a FRIEND, Shigeru.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Wii U had built-in voice (and video!) chat for free, they're not even up to par with their own standards.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
The main issue with the Switch is that it's too successful, as such theres little incentive to improve services, etc.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I think he's just trying to save face here. Surely they must be aware how backwards their system is lol, it's almost impossible to miss.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I guess he'd never looked at what Xbox/PlayStation offer then, only explanation on how you can be that delusional.

Lmao, Nintendo online is so terrible that friend list is 99% pointless. You can't even let your friends know you want to play because there is no sort of message system or even notification system so they can get invites. Original Xbox in 2002 had this.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love Nintendo, but yeah the problem isn't just that they don't get it, it's that they don't get that they don't get it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If he thinks this bullshit is okay then that is absolutely horrifying for their online future.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I mean think of it from Nintendo's perspective here, a company known for being almost excruciatingly deliberate about what they choose to do--Miyamoto may very well believe that they have seen and researched and played around with doing plenty. It doesn't have to mean that "what they offer" is all that they're capable of, just that it's what they've chosen to offer.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
My personal theory: Nintendo fails at things like online services, accessibility, and modern conveniences precisely because they tend to lionize people like Miyamoto at the expense of new blood.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
He also mentioned VR....doesn't mean that he thinks that Labo VR is on the level of PSVR or Vive.

Just that Nintendo is offering and still working on these services and options. No matter what you think of NSO - they are obviously going to continue investing and improving the service.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He would say that. Hard to believe though. We went from being able to message friends and have online IDs on Wii U, to not being able to message friends and back to friend codes on switch. How did that even happen?
And VR, I dont even consider them in the space, no one should want to be playing BOTW at like 15fpa in VR at such a low resolution. Concerning they found that fine to release.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
He also mentioned VR....doesn't mean that he thinks that Labo VR is on the level of PSVR or Vive.

Just that Nintendo is offering and still working on these services and options. No matter what you think of NSO - they are obviously going to continue investing and improving the service.

It's not really obvious considering there are many concerns that have been apparent before the service even launched (like how horrendous voice chat is) and it's been nearly a year with no significant (or any at all) headway towards solutions.

Jan 29, 2018
They didn't even bring back the official Mario Maker bookmark site for the Switch sequel.

Hell, Mario Maker 2 doesn't even interact with your console's friends list as far as I can tell.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
It's reassuring to know that one of the heads of Nintendo thinks they're doing good regarding their online services. Very reassuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.