• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Music Prediction

• Rock/Heavy Metal

Votes: 71 12.5%
  • Rap

Votes: 235 41.5%
  • Techno(Mortaaaal Koooombat)

Votes: 184 32.5%
  • Nickelback

Votes: 60 10.6%
  • Ska

Votes: 16 2.8%

• Total voters

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Okay... I'm going to be SO fucking annoyed if none of the music from these trailers is actually in the game. The Kollector trailer, Switch trailer, and launch trailer all have amazing tracks in them that completely blow away any of the forgettable and generic stuff found in Injustice 2 and MKX. They have some energy to them. Something that actually gets your blood flowing. I honestly can't remember a single note from MKX and I2. The music sounded like something you'd hear on an episode of Deadliest Warrior or something. I figure that they want some "classy" music for the story mode or something but that's such a mistake. Mortal Kombat is over the top and fun and the music in MKX didn't match that tone at all. And we play through the story mode once or twice yet we're stuck with that music while we spend the majority of our time fighting friends or playing online.

It would just be so disappointing to have all of these awesome tracks in the trailers and then to have nothing even remotely as good in the actual game. NRS is so far behind other fighting game developers when it comes to music right now. Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct... it doesn't even matter what genre the music is. Orchestral, rock, electronic, hip hop... just give us something with some energy and fun vibes. The main theme for MK11 is slightly better than the stuff from MKX and I2 but it's still not that exciting. It killed my hopes for a major improvement over their last few games but then all of these trailers happened and raised them up again.

Last edited:

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
How was he? Dope of him.
Short and sweet. I don't think the student body fully appreciated
How was he? Dope of him.
Short and sweet imo. Cool pyro and the show had energy.

The buzz seemed to be negative post show and there was an odd rumor it wasn't even him, but I chalk all that up to a somewhat mismatched audience. Tickets were only $10, so I'm sure a lot of people that weren't all that interested ended up going anyway.

Funny how "DEVELOPERS VISION" ain't relevant anymore on selective topics
LOL.

Uzi is doing the Detective Pikachu theme, the other team needs to give it up. They are old men yelling at clouds in the best of characterizations.